Windows 10: Problems with Wireless LAN drivers?

Discus and support Problems with Wireless LAN drivers? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, For a few months now I have been encountering issues with wifi connections. They tend to be unstable and my laptop periodically loses... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sonar637, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Sonar637 Win User

Problems with Wireless LAN drivers?

Hello,

For a few months now I have been encountering issues with wifi connections.
    They tend to be unstable and my laptop periodically loses connection to the network, or cannot connect to begin with. (or the wifi symbol in the task bar has the yellow exclamation point)
    Very frustrating when I need a fully functioning connection or when trying to print documents.
    Edit: Even when I sit RIGHT next to the router.
    This happens to any wifi I connect so I don't think it is network-related, but rather driver-related.

I'm running Windows 10 on a Lenovo Z50-70 laptop, running the latest drivers that Lenovo offers for this device on their site.

According to Device Manager:
    Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network Adapter, driver version 10.0.0.341
    I tried reïnstalling the drivers but it did not change the symptoms.

Also, there seems to be another device in the Network adapters list: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller.
    This device has driver version from back in 2015, but I don't know what it is doing here exactly, because when I check the network center in Control Panel, everything says that the WiFi is running on the Atheros AR956x thing.

Is there something wrong with my drivers, or is the network card itself slowly dying/failing?
    Lenovo's diagnostics tool reports no issues with the WiFi card whatsoever. Is there another way to find the errors it might be encountering?

Thanks for reading and I'll appreciate your help!

PS: Please don't give me the "perform clean install of win10" again. This device IS running a cleanly installed Win10 version... (and frankly I encounter more problems on clean installed win10 versions than simple upgraded versions)

Edit2: Problems only occur with wireless connections, not cable/ethernet

:)

Sonar637, Nov 6, 2016

2. N97 No Gateway Reply

Yes, Im definately getting this problem too. All my other devices have access to the internet through the work wireless LAN, but the Nokia N97 doesn't. Wireless LAN support sucks on this phone too.

snowi---01, Nov 6, 2016
  3. orod1989 Win User
    Command or instruction to allow users select the specific LAN or wireless for pinging

Original title : LAN ping

Hi

I have three adapter in my PC , one of them is for wireless network and two other are simple LAN ,

I have 2 windows on my PC : 2008 R2 and Windows 10

my problem is the priority of this NICs for pinging.

how I can change my NIC between two simple LAN and wireless when I want get ping response from specific NIC?

my wireless is connect to wireless modem for internet and have high priority when it's On but when I want use other LAN to ping

another network still wireless LAN response ans sent packet ,the only resolve is off or disable wireless to use other one.

please guide me, if any command or instruction is exist to allow users select the specific LAN or wireless for pinging or else...

thanks.

orod1989, Nov 6, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

Samuria, Nov 6, 2016
  5. Sonar637 Win User
    reg.txt

Here you go.
    At one step it constantly created a Timeout response (as you will see) so I had to abort it and let the rest continue.

Sonar637, Nov 6, 2016
  6. Samuria Win User
    Which is our wireless station?

Samuria, Nov 6, 2016
  7. Sonar637 Win User
    I don't know what it was and why it couldn't connect. But is it a major problem to the data that it created in the .txt?

Sonar637, Nov 6, 2016
  8. Adalwar Win User

I have had problems with Lenovo WiFi Cards and Drivers with W10.
    I have tried many Drivers around the WEB but they are worst than Original Lenovo Drivers.

I may want to try following:
    - Go to Device Manager, select your WiFI Card, right-click on Driver and select Unistall - Check box "Delete Driver Software...."
    - Go to Programs & Features, delete Software for you WiFi Card; Do the same for you BT Device
    - Reboot
    - DO not Install any Software for WiFi
    - Go to Device Manager and see if Windows installed Software for WiFi. If not, FORCE the Search and Update Drivers Online
    - I f this did not help, try to install the Drivers that come with your Laptop, no others.
    - If that still does not work, you have only 2 options: buy a new card or roll-back to your previous Windows Version
    Do not lose Time around, there are no Drivers what ever that will help. The risk you get a Malware is greater.

Adalwar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Problems with Wireless LAN drivers? - Similar Threads - Problems Wireless LAN

2. Wireless lan drivers missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless lan drivers missing: My wireless lan drivers are missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-lan-drivers-missing/1c6089ec-c90c-49b7-9970-12717ff65d28
  3. Wireless lan drivers missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless lan drivers missing: My wireless lan drivers are missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-lan-drivers-missing/1c6089ec-c90c-49b7-9970-12717ff65d28
  4. wi fi wireless lan problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wi fi wireless lan problem: how to fix my wireless lan showing some wi fi dont exist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-wireless-lan-problem/e77b7e47-d7f9-425d-9d30-092915e6849f
  5. wi fi wireless lan problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wi fi wireless lan problem: how to fix my wireless lan showing some wi fi dont exist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-wireless-lan-problem/e77b7e47-d7f9-425d-9d30-092915e6849f
  6. wi fi wireless lan problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Wireless LAN driver uninstalled automatically.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless LAN driver uninstalled automatically.: Hi, With the latest windows 10 update, there have been several issues with the network adaptor. On of which being the wireless LAN driver getting uninstalled automatically. Usually this problem can be resolved by restarting. A few times i had to manually install the driver....
  8. Broadcom 43162 Wireless LAN Driver upgrade

Broadcom 43162 Wireless LAN Driver upgrade: Dear Support, I installed a Broadcom 43162 Wireless LAN card in my Lenovo G50-45 80E3 notebook (this card is part of Lenovo white list). The operating system is Windows 10 Pro (version 1909, build number 18363.535). Unfortunately, it's not working properly with that driver...
  9. Wireless Lan

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wireless Lan: My son accidently deleted or uninstalled Realtek 8821AE Wireless Lan 802.11ac PCI-E NIC from our lenovo pc. Windows 10 system. Now we can not connect to wireless. Is this repairable or do I have to purchase a wireless adaptor now? He also deleted the bluetooth function....
  10. Qualcomm/Atheros Wireless Lan Driver

Qualcomm/Atheros Wireless Lan Driver: Qualcomm/Atheros Wireless Lan Driver Version 10.0.0.326 WHQL http://www.station-drivers.com/index...d=1742&lang=en 22634