Windows 10: Problems with Wondows 10 system restore.

Discus and support Problems with Wondows 10 system restore. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have tried numerous times to restore my computer. Ive just tried resetting winows and also ressetting it to factory settings. Nothing works. Please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by J.D.HERMANS, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Problems with Wondows 10 system restore.

I have tried numerous times to restore my computer. Ive just tried resetting winows and also ressetting it to factory settings. Nothing works. Please help or supply me with a tool that will fix my windows restore. Thank you.

:)

J.D.HERMANS, Nov 6, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Nov 6, 2018
  3. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Problems with Wondows 10 system restore.

Problem with Window 10 system restore

Hello Herbert,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps to employ the DISM command lines:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Cleanupimage

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Problems with Wondows 10 system restore.

1. Problems with Wondows 10 system restore. - Similar Threads - Problems Wondows system

2. System Restore Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Problems: Evening.A bit earlier today I attempted to open a program I use often on my computer that caused it to blue screen. This was a first for me. After this happened a few times I managed to navigate my way through the blue screens of Advanced Startup Options back to a point where...
  3. System Restore Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore Problems: Evening.A bit earlier today I attempted to open a program I use often on my computer that caused it to blue screen. This was a first for me. After this happened a few times I managed to navigate my way through the blue screens of Advanced Startup Options back to a point where...
  4. System Restore Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System restore problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore problem: Whenever I do a system restore on my PC it always gets a blue screen error and I can't understand why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore-problem/44f71fa6-de4b-47cf-b106-d3e03a974b3f
  6. System restore problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore problem: Whenever I do a system restore on my PC it always gets a blue screen error and I can't understand why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore-problem/44f71fa6-de4b-47cf-b106-d3e03a974b3f
  7. Problem with System Restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with System Restore: i saw this post........ [Try to restore to an earlier working Windows 10. In the past, I had contacted the team to stop unchecking restore points when upgrading the version. Pretty sure they did this, so try restoring to an earlier setting with restore point. Then try to...
  8. System Restore Problem

System Restore Problem: HI, I recently installed old new explorer. Now i am not able to delete or remove the changes by it to my PC. I tried to restore to a point were it was working fine. This error comes up, "system restore failed to extract the file C:\Users\Rithish R S\iCloudDrive from the...
  9. Windows 10 problem with system restore

Windows 10 problem with system restore: I have a HP Notebook with Windows 10 I have tried 4 times to do a System Restore and all of them have failed, because it says that I have an anti virus program running. I disabled all anti virus before doing my System Restore. Can someone help explain how to get pass this...
  10. Problem with System Restore on Win 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Problem with System Restore on Win 10: Tried to do a System Restore on a Toshiba laptop this morning. First of all it took over a half hour or more and ended up in a loop which I can't get out of. Never booted up into Windows, just the following messages on the screen: 0xc000021a and go to...