Windows 10: Problems With WORD: Eliminating All Of Auto Formats & Corrections, et

Discus and support Problems With WORD: Eliminating All Of Auto Formats & Corrections, et in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello, Sr. Citizen now, and frankly not too sharp with this "stuff," so please bear with me. Using MS WORD on an iMac. Vers. 16.16.13 Used to be fine... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Robert11, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Robert11 Win User

Problems With WORD: Eliminating All Of Auto Formats & Corrections, et

Hello,

Sr. Citizen now, and frankly not too sharp with this
    "stuff," so please bear with me.

Using MS WORD on an iMac. Vers. 16.16.13 Used to be fine on Windows 7, but now driving me crazy.
    I know this is a W10 Forum, but I imagine someone here can guide me a bit with this.

Just can't get it to stop all of the automatic formatting and corrections
    it does. Turned off, I thought, but (some) keeps redoing it on re-starts.

Might someone pleas list ALL of the pull-down items I should click
    on and how to set the options, to turn Off, for good, anything it does in the way of
    auto formatting, corrections, etc.

Just want the simplest, most basic WORD to use.

I want to decide myself on line spacing, paragraph spacing, bullets, indents, etc., etc.

Much thanks, really appreciate the help,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Sep 24, 2019
  2. Robert11 Win User

Hello,

Sr. Citizen now, and frankly not too sharp with this
    "stuff," so please bear with me.

Using MS WORD on an iMac. Vers. 16.16.13 Used to be fine on Windows 7, but now driving me crazy.
    I know this is a W10 Forum, but I imagine someone here can guide me a bit with this.

Just can't get it to stop all of the automatic formatting and corrections
    it does. Turned off, I thought, but (some) keeps redoing it on re-starts.

Might someone pleas list ALL of the pull-down items I should click
    on and how to set the options, to turn Off, for good, anything it does in the way of
    auto formatting, corrections, etc.

Just want the simplest, most basic WORD to use.

I want to decide myself on line spacing, paragraph spacing, bullets, indents, etc., etc.

Much thanks, really appreciate the help,
    Bob

Robert11, Sep 24, 2019
  3. Spelling auto-correct isn't working

Hi Mark,

To resolve your issue about Spelling auto-correct, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Use the Windows + I keyboard shortcut to open the
      Settings app.
    • Navigate to Devices and go to Typing.
    • Under Spelling, switch the Auto-correct misspelled words and Highlight misspelled words to the Off position.
    • Restart the computer.
    • After restarting the computer, go to the same settings page and turn back
      On the Auto-correct misspelled words and Highlight misspelled words
      feature.
    Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Sep 24, 2019
  4. kcolawale Win User

words prompt and auto correct/ words suggestions

Notice that my phone suddenly stop auto suggest words or correct nor give me prompts

kcolawale, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Problems With WORD: Eliminating All Of Auto Formats & Corrections, et - Similar Threads - Problems WORD Eliminating

2. Drive auto formatted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive auto formatted: One of drive fully auto deleted after uninstall a game.MS customer care said to update the computer to latest version,i did,but it did not worked..What to do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-auto-formatted/81031327-43ff-467b-b3bc-8b45553eff84
  3. Drive auto formatted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive auto formatted: One of drive fully auto deleted after uninstall a game.MS customer care said to update the computer to latest version,i did,but it did not worked..What to do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-auto-formatted/81031327-43ff-467b-b3bc-8b45553eff84
  4. Drive auto formatted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Word - Format linked data columns problem

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word - Format linked data columns problem: I have an 8 page Word (MS 365 Version 2005 (build 12827.20336 Click to run) document which is populated by pasting 4 links from a single Excel file. All data was pasted using Paste Special, Unformatted text, Paste Link. The document had been formatted with 2 columns and a...
  6. auto correct

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    auto correct: I have a number of "auto correct" items and every time I receive an update most of them have to be re-established-why does that happen and how can I remedy this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-correct/1f53024e-a171-41f9-a68e-af2134b4abf8
  7. Word not working correctly.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Word not working correctly.: I open files in Document, keep getting a popup stating to the effect, Word has run into an error preventing it to run correctly, saying to repair Word would need to be closed. When I press the correct now button it never corrects the problem. What needs to be done to fix...
  8. Disabled Auto-correct, but windows keep auto-correcting me

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabled Auto-correct, but windows keep auto-correcting me: Hi all, I have turned off the autocorrect misspelled words in Settings. However, when I type (in Vietnamese) it still autocorrect my typing. Any idea how I should avoid this? Further information: 1. I'm using 'Unikey' program, which 99% of Vietnamese people are using...
  9. Tiles; Eliminating ALL ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Tiles; Eliminating ALL ?: Hello, Regarding all those Tiles with the dumb ads that keeps appearing: Is there any way to eliminate and prevent ALL Tiles from ever appearing ? Thanks, as always, Bob 130251
  10. Eliminate One Drive by MS Word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Eliminate One Drive by MS Word: I don't want, don't need, don't use one drive. How do I eliminate it? I've tried and have setup preferences in MS Word but it still wants to "Browse" to one drive and save if I'm not careful. Same with some other apps. 111218