Windows 10: Problems with WSL UDP Communication

Discus and support Problems with WSL UDP Communication in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to get a piece of code that works in a Ubuntu VM (18.04 LTS) as well as a Pop! OS native machine (18.04 LTS as well) running in WSL... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Just4RedditTesting, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Problems with WSL UDP Communication

Hi, I am trying to get a piece of code that works in a Ubuntu VM (18.04 LTS) as well as a Pop! OS native machine (18.04 LTS as well) running in WSL (also 18.04 LTS). Everything seems to work besides the UDP communication between two programs. It should simply send messages back and forth over 127.0.01:4200. I've narrowed down the issue to the client, because
    this works fine, and even sending a message from python (as the client) to the C server works, which, to me, means the C code (client) somehow does not have permission to send the UDP packet / message. I also tried netcat -ul 4200 to make sure it really is not sending, and I'm indeed not getting anything. My code is based on this example, and this code (straight copy paste) does not work either. I also tried running both server and client binary as sudo, no change.

I would really appreciate some help since I don't know what to try anymore. I'm also not sure where to post this, so feel free to point me to any other subreddits.

submitted by /u/Just4RedditTesting
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Just4RedditTesting, Apr 7, 2020

2. WSL in windows Store

Actually, this is a consumer-oriented forum for general Windows 10 questions.

As WSL concerns mostly developers and Enterprise, I suggest asking there.

Sumit Dhiman2, May 25, 2020
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Windows 10 WSL systemd

Hi Ray,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The container is not available on Windows subsystem for Linux right now, however you can refer to the following link for more information about it.

LXD-Windows

I would encourage you to provide your feedback and valuable suggestions about your Windows experience, please refer to section
    Where can I provide feedback? Of the link below.

Frequently Asked Questions about Windows Subsystem for Linux

You can also post your ideas and suggestions on Command Prompt
    / Console / Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL)

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Forums

Peer_Sam, May 25, 2020
  4. Problems with WSL UDP Communication

cups-pdf and wsl

the question is not about ubuntu but about wsl which is part of windows 10. There is no problem using cups-pdf in ubuntu, the problem, or my question was: is it possible to print to a virtual pdf printer in wsl.?Clearly in Ubuntu there is no problem and
    is easy to do but what about WSL in WINDOWS 10?

HishamSueyllam, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Problems with WSL UDP Communication

1. Problems with WSL UDP Communication - Similar Threads - Problems WSL UDP

2. UDP port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UDP port: i started working from home this week & a few months ago everything was working fine with the new computer, yesterday when I logged in to the asp nextgen hosting site I was unable to do anything. we clicked on the connection that showed up and seen a message that said we...
  3. WSL Network Problem

WSL Network Problem: Hi , we are producing an application to test our servers. Hping3 is an application that we are running, however we have a problem while processing this tool at WSL Windows subsystem for linux , there is no problem to see actual bandwidth which is produced by hping but this...
  4. WSL Network Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    WSL Network Problem: Hi , we are producing an application to test our servers. Hping3 is an application that we are running, however we have a problem while processing this tool at WSL Windows subsystem for linux , there is no problem to see actual bandwidth which is produced by hping but this...
  5. WSL Network Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. WSL problem -- all wsl commands don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL problem -- all wsl commands don't work: Hello everyone,I got an issue with the windows subsystem for Linux WSL.Context :I'm using a Windows 10 lap-top shared by my companyHow I got to the problem :- I first reinstall windows 10 - I installed WSL through this link .- Everything was working though with the Ubuntu...
  7. WSL problem -- all wsl commands don't work

WSL problem -- all wsl commands don't work: Hello everyone,I got an issue with the windows subsystem for Linux WSL.Context :I'm using a Windows 10 lap-top shared by my companyHow I got to the problem :- I first reinstall windows 10 - I installed WSL through this link .- Everything was working though with the Ubuntu...
  8. WSL problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WSL problem: Hi , I have a particular situation with my WSL installation: I have a windows 10 machine with WSl2 installed , in the WSL I have a webserver Now I connect to the machine with my account and startup the webserver in wsl and let my session open in order to let the webserver...
  9. Printer Communication problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Communication problem: For a long time, my system has listed its printers twice. For example, I have "HP LaserJet 1320" and "HP Laserjet 1320 (Copy 1)," also "HP OfficeJet 5200 series" and "HP OfficeJet 5200 Series (7F84B9)" (My old Canon also had a plain and "Copy 1" version.) This never used to...
  10. Problem with Communicating with Printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with Communicating with Printer: windows shows my printer and printer is chosen as my default printer but the PC is still not communicating with the printer. My husband and I both have the same windows ten version and printer works fine from his PC, any advice? [Original Title: printing]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wsl udp