Windows 10: Problems with Xbox Live account: updating Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety settings

Discus and support Problems with Xbox Live account: updating Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety settings in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to update my Xbox Live account settings on my Pc but it keeps changing the settings to block instead of allow. All I am trying to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Diamond9257, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Problems with Xbox Live account: updating Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety settings

Hello, I am trying to update my Xbox Live account settings on my Pc but it keeps changing the settings to block instead of allow. All I am trying to do is to join my friend's realm on the Windows 10 version/Pocket Edition of Minecraft. I have tried to follow many tutorials on websites such as YouTube, but the Xbox website is not letting me change the Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety settings on my account. Can someone help me to resolve this issue?

Thank you,

Diamond9257

Moved from: Website issues / Windows 10

:)

Diamond9257, Sep 10, 2018
  2. malware Win User

Xbox 360 Live Update

A new update for the Xbox 360 has been released over Xbox Live. The update, available upon signing on to the Xbox Live service with a 360, offers a few minor bug fixes, as well as a seal over a minor security hole that would-be system hackers had been experimenting with. Here's the update list:
    • Improvements to the Xbox Guide.
    • Option to retain your saved games when you delete a profile.
    • Increased accuracy of "last time played."
    • Network configuration improvements for Xbox Live® members in the Netherlands.
    • More detailed messaging for unreadable disk or region errors.
    Source: XBOXIC

malware, Sep 10, 2018
  3. Xbox clubs don't work

Hi,

Synchronization failure of the account's settings to the Xbox Live server is a possible factor why you're encountering this issue. For us to determine the root cause, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you referring to joining clubs on the Xbox app or Xbox One?
    • Is this the first time you're trying to join clubs?
    • Do you have an access to the parent account?
    • Have you made any changes to the device and the Xbox account before encountering this issue?
    If you have an Xbox One console, we suggest that you visit this
    link
    and follow the steps on how to change the privacy settings for clubs. The steps on that page will synchronize the changes you've made across all devices as long as you're using the same Microsoft account.

Refer to this
    link
    for more information regarding Xbox One online safety and privacy settings for parents and children.

Catherine Cus., Sep 10, 2018
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

Problems with Xbox Live account: updating Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety settings

Xbox one parental control problems

Hi AderallAdmiral,

Xbox One safety features enable you to control what kinds of content each of your family members can access on Xbox One by providing parental controls to child Xbox account.
    To give you an idea, child Xbox accounts needs to have a parent Xbox account associated to give parental controls. If your account is requesting a parental control, there's a possibility that your account is a child Xbox account which is added
    to the Xbox Family on the old Xbox One. Regarding your concern, let's try to confirm if your account is a child account or an adult account. Kindly sign into
    https://account.microsoft.com, then go to
    Family tab. You should be able to see the parent account associated.

If the parent account associated is available, I suggest that you sign in the parent Xbox account on the console to allow your child Xbox account to make a purchase or play multiplayer. You may refer to this
    link as your guide on how you can manage the privacy and online safety settings of the child Xbox account.

If your account is already an adult Xbox account and no parent account associated, I suggest that you change your privacy and online safety by signing on to your Xbox account on the Xbox One and perform the following steps:

• From Home, go to Settings > All Settings.
    • Under Privacy & online safety, select Xbox Live privacy.
    • Choose a default, or customize your settings by selecting View details & customize.
    • Restart your console once you're done.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Ariel Acu, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

Problems with Xbox Live account: updating Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety settings

1. Problems with Xbox Live account: updating Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety settings - Similar Threads - Problems Xbox Live

2. Can't log into Xbox Live account in Xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log into Xbox Live account in Xbox app: Whenever I click to sign into Xbox Live, the sign in window flashes 3 times then disappear.It used to work then suddenly stopped so I followed guides on removing the app and now it's even worse. Before there was Xbox services showing in the 'Services' now no matter what i do,...
  3. Teredo problem in Xbox live

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Teredo problem in Xbox live: I am currently unable to connect to any game server in FH4 on my pc, i checked in the settings and its telling me that teredo is unable to qualify (french to english translation). Even after trying to fix it with the microsoft support page its still not working. Has any of...
  4. Xbox live

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox live: New to Xbox bought xbox 1 from a friend any promos for xbox live seeing i am a new user to microsoft?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-live/f9267973-3603-4495-b757-53d3d03bdc28
  5. Xbox Online Privacy Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Online Privacy Settings: I have been trying to play minecraft on Windows 10 with realms, but it says to change your privacy settings at aka.ms/accountsettings. If I go to that, it automatically redirects to https://beta.support.xbox.com/. If I click on more actions > Xbox settings, it redirects right...
  6. xbox one/ windows 10 online safety

in Windows 10 Customization
    xbox one/ windows 10 online safety: when i try to allow joining multiplayer games it just resets to block every time i submit it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-one-windows-10-online-safety/54ce0de3-8943-4566-aeda-9638abfda20b
  7. Xbox Live Account Creation

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox Live Account Creation: I'm not really familiar with all the Microsoft and Xbox accounts and how they link together but I've been looking at the Xbox Game Pass for $1 that they've had up recently and went to check it out. I signed into my Microsoft account but then it told me I needed an Xbox live...
  8. XBox Live

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    XBox Live: Windows 10 came with X Box Live. I inadvertently uninstalled it. I've tried unsuccessfully numerous times to download it from the Microsoft app store. Can it be re-installed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-live/5ff8b7d4-91a7-4ed0-bf9a-24041cc73416
  9. Problems with Xbox Live account: updating Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problems with Xbox Live account: updating Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety settings: Hello, I am trying to update my Xbox Live account settings on my Pc but it keeps changing the settings to block instead of allow. All I am trying to do is to join my friend's realm on the Windows 10 version/Pocket Edition of Minecraft. I have tried to follow many tutorials on...
  10. XBOX Live Privacy Settings Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX Live Privacy Settings Problems: Hello, So, me and my friends are trying to set up a Minecraft Realms server so that we can all play online together without going through some other thing. The problem is that whenever we try to access Minecraft Realms, it gives us the same message: "You cannot play on...