Windows 10: Problems wth Chrom and FireFox but not with IE or Edge

Discus and support Problems wth Chrom and FireFox but not with IE or Edge in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I noticed that in 2018, the same problems were happening as well. I tried everything I read online and nothing worked. I even had Norton check... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by foxyred, May 22, 2020.

1. foxyred Win User

Problems wth Chrom and FireFox but not with IE or Edge

Hi,

I noticed that in 2018, the same problems were happening as well. I tried everything I read online and nothing worked. I even had Norton check for a virus. No virus found. I also believe Microsoft is the problem like the male stated in 2018. Perhaps I should go to Apple. I've been experiencing this now for over three months and I'm sick of my slow laptop with Google and Firefox and Firefox got great ratings. It has to be microsoft since their browsers don't experienced and of the slowdown problems at all. Naturally one would be suspicious. Shame on you Microsoft, going to put this information on media services to find out of if others are having this problem.

Thx

:)

foxyred, May 22, 2020

2. Microsoft Edge blocking Firefox

You don't really need to 'nuke' edge to install firefox.

You can get it installed and made default in 3 easy steps

1. Download the latest firefox here
    2. Start firefox - it should prompt you to set it as default - Follow what happens, and pick firefox as your default
    3. Else, Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Default Programs (use win r or paste that into explorer. Find firefox, and select "set as default"

That should make firefox your default and not fire up edge automatically.

Journeyman Geek, May 22, 2020
  3. nsmth Win User
    importing firefox bookmarks to edge

The only browser that shows up in Edge to import bookmarks from is Internet Explorer. I also have Firefox and Chrome installed but neither shows on the import list. Anxious to try Edge but will continue using Firefox until I can import bookmarks.

nsmth, May 22, 2020
  4. Problems wth Chrom and FireFox but not with IE or Edge

Password issues with Mozilla FireFox

Santosh, thank you for the reply.

This has happened with Chrom and FireFox. I don't use Edge or IE frequently; only if I have to.

HonnyBrown, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Problems wth Chrom and FireFox but not with IE or Edge

1. Problems wth Chrom and FireFox but not with IE or Edge - Similar Threads - Problems wth Chrom

2. Firefox Vs IE

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Vs IE: Hi, I'm not very good with technology. I've always used IE as my browser, I prefer IE especially IE menu bar, File, edit, view, etc, etc, I'm comfortable with IE menu bar it makes it easier for me. Although I tried Chrome, I just can't get used to it I'm wondering what...
  3. Edge and IE 11

in Browsers and Email
    Edge and IE 11: When I open Edge, it always goes to the last page I was on. I want to set a Home Page and have it open on the Home Page every time. How do I do that? How do I get the IE icon on the Taskbar? 120659
  4. IE not edge

in Browsers and Email
    IE not edge: how do I get internet explorer so I don't need to use edge. every time I get it it goes disappears I am new to windows10 don 't know where anything is very frustraiting 117429
  5. IE not edge

in Windows 10 Support
    IE not edge: how do I get internet explorer so I don't need to use edge. every time I get it it goes disappears I am new to windows10 don 't know where anything is very frustraiting 117429
  6. Firefox "blocked by administrator; Edge, Chrome, Opera, IE not blocked

in Windows 10 Customization
    Firefox "blocked by administrator; Edge, Chrome, Opera, IE not blocked: I run W10 (upgrade from 8.0) on a Lenovo G700 laptop. This morning, I reinstalled Firefox, but I get a "blocked by administrator" message. Chrome, Opera, Edge and IE all work normally. I can bring Firefox up with "Run as Administrator," but that won't work when I click on a...
  7. Outlook.com has problems with IE and now Edge!

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook.com has problems with IE and now Edge!: A month or two ago Outlook.com starting giving me a "Sign Up or Sign In" screen when I tried to access it via the Favorites Bar from IE. This had be working just fine for months/years. The Page address I get now is: Outlook.com - Microsoft free personal email I thought...
  8. Edge, Chrome, Firefox, and IE all fail to connect to any website

in Browsers and Email
    Edge, Chrome, Firefox, and IE all fail to connect to any website: A friend with a Lenovo i7 P50 Thinkpad with Win 10 factory installed. Creators Update installed via Windows Update a few weeks ago. Called me last week reporting that he could no longer view web pages using Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or IE. I checked event viewer and saw one of...
  9. Copy problem with Edge but not Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Copy problem with Edge but not Firefox: On some sites, if I highlight or try to highlight something to either use Cortana to find or just copy, Edge will hang up and eventually I will get a message that "XX" site is not responding and ask me if I want to recover the page. I can go to the same site with Firefox...
  10. IE or Edge

in Browsers and Email
    IE or Edge: which is better to use Edge or IE sorry i'm a bit confused are they the same but different or are they just different why did MS keep both 20303