Windows 10: Probs opening docs

Discus and support Probs opening docs in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi all, I have an issue that I'm hoping someone may be able to help with. I have recently purchase a new laptop with Win 10 installed and I want to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by GeordieGirl, May 24, 2020.

1. Probs opening docs

Hi all,

I have an issue that I'm hoping someone may be able to help with.

I have recently purchase a new laptop with Win 10 installed and I want to use Office 7 for which I have my original disc and activation code.

I have installed it with no problems but when I want to open a document it always opens with 'Word Unlicensed Product - Compatibility Mode' and a pop up box appears asking me to verify my MS account and asking if I want to 'try, buy or activate Office with this account'. I haven't activated the account because I don't want to use it.

If I open Word 07 from the menu and open a document from within the program, it opens okay but when I click on a document in a folder it just opens in the free version.
    I have tried adjusting the compatibilty mode but it only gives me options up to Win 8 and when I use the compatibilty troubleshooter it says it's running in compatibilty mode for Win 8 and that the problem is fixed. But it's not.

When I right click on the doc and choose 'open with', Office 7 isn't listed as an option.

I chose Picture manager for my photos and that opens pics directly from the folder and works perfectly.

Will activating the free version help with the problem? If not, can anyone throw any light please.

TIA

:)

GeordieGirl, May 24, 2020

2. Incopatability with Google Docs

Hi Ba,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that Google Docs print option not working as expected.

Try with a different browser and check if it works.

It could be a browser or browser's settings issue.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, May 24, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Spelling and grammar improvements in Google Docs for G Suite

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: Spelling and grammar improvements in Docs for Enterprise

Brink, May 24, 2020
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Probs opening docs

how do i change a notepad to a doc

Hello,

You can simply convert .txt file to a word file by simply using a .doc as an extension. Follow these steps:

• Open file using Notepad.
    • Click File.
    • Hit Save as, then rename the file. (Make sure to use .doc or .docx as an extension)
    • Click Save.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions or future concerns.

Dyan Rey, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Probs opening docs

1. Probs opening docs - Similar Threads - Probs opening docs

2. probs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    probs: why after all these years are u saying my windows is counterfit i purchased the comp and windows at store down loaded myself dont have the box anymore 25 years ago should i change to apple cant get a direct contact with the REAL microsoft will change comp and server I wantb a...
  3. probs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    probs: why after all these years are u saying my windows is counterfit i purchased the comp and windows at store down loaded myself dont have the box anymore 25 years ago should i change to apple cant get a direct contact with the REAL microsoft will change comp and server I wantb a...
  4. OPENING A SAVED PDF DOC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OPENING A SAVED PDF DOC: Trying to open a PDF document, as a PDF doc that I downloaded and saved on my laptop. When I click on 'open' a message box appears. I am given two options--either convert it to a Word doc or 'Cancel". How do/can I open my doc the way that it should be, as a PDF document?...
  5. OPENING A SAVED PDF DOC

OPENING A SAVED PDF DOC: Trying to open a PDF document, as a PDF doc that I downloaded and saved on my laptop. When I click on 'open' a message box appears. I am given two options--either convert it to a Word doc or 'Cancel". How do/can I open my doc the way that it should be, as a PDF document?...
  6. OPENING A SAVED PDF DOC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Ram prob

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ram prob: So the prob is that i have 4gb ram on the pc &when i lunch a game and the go to desktop and open task manager i see that the game is using about 1800 mb and shows that 96%of my ram is in use the issue is that i have 4g. Which means 4000 mb. Of ram even thought some times...
  8. opening a word doc

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening a word doc: since purchasing and installing Adobe, When I open a document in word i have about 3 signs coming up - eg: File not found: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/MACPDFM/MacPDFM.framework/Versions/A/MacPDFM How do I stop this?...
  9. Unable to open JPG docs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open JPG docs: Hi, I am unable to open any documents that are saved as a Jpg. When I try and open it I get a message with the location address of the file and "Invalid value for registry". Can anyone help please, I am not technically minded, so easy to follow help would be appreciated!...
  10. how to open this doc as word doc?

how to open this doc as word doc?: This document was originally opened as a notepad document, so it opens that way always. I would like to change it to a Word document. Is that possible?...