Windows 10: Process/Service Activity Analysis

Discus and support Process/Service Activity Analysis in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I recently had a Windows 10 2004 BSOD due to a Clock_Watchdog_Time, which i'm looking into, but i noticed something when it booted back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RiftCygnus, May 25, 2021.

1. Process/Service Activity Analysis

Hello everyone. I recently had a Windows 10 2004 BSOD due to a Clock_Watchdog_Time, which i'm looking into, but i noticed something when it booted back up that piqued my curiosity. For some reason, Windows Update and Microsoft Software Protection Platform were running for longer than normal when it came back up. Albeit, they were only using 13% of the CPU in total, but it got me wondering. Is there a way to analyze and find out what Microsoft Software Protection Platform is doing? The only way I know how to check is the Event Viewer, but I'm not finding any Protection Platform service name in Event Viewer to try to filter for it.

:)

RiftCygnus, May 25, 2021
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, May 25, 2021
  3. Windows Process Activation Service is not showing up in Services, Windows 10 1903 build version.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows Process Activation Services (WAS) manages the activation and lifetime of the worker processes that contain applications that host Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) services. The services will not show up until it's been enabled in Optional features.
    Could you please let us know, if the computer is connected to Domain network?

We recommend you to follow the steps mentioned below to enable the Windows Process Activation Service feature.

1. Open Control Panel.

2. Click on Programs and features.

3. Click on Turn Windows features On or Off.

4. Then scroll down and locate Windows Process Activation Services and enable the same according to your preference.

5. Then follow on-screen instructions to complete the process.

We recommend you to refer
    Hosting in Windows Process Activation Service
    for more detailed information.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, May 25, 2021
  4. Process/Service Activity Analysis

OFFICIAL   Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (Review)

there is something wrong with suggested for you list on npu page. clicking on picture of dd:da review from suggested for you list leads to perormance analysis instead of review. hovering mouse over it shows in status bar correct link to review but clicking on picture reloads analysis.
    links from reviews&articles page works fine.

edit: link from home page of npu sends you to analysis instead of review as well.

ne6togadno, May 25, 2021
Thema:

Process/Service Activity Analysis

1. Process/Service Activity Analysis - Similar Threads - Process Service Activity

2. "host process for windows services"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "host process for windows services": I recently just bought minecraft for my girlfriend but when she tries to download it she gets a message that says "host process for windows services" and it has two options: yes or no. However when she clicks yes nothing happens. Is there a fix for this? Any help is greatly...
  3. BSOD -System Services Exception - Minidump Analysis

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD -System Services Exception - Minidump Analysis: All, I have a new Lenovo Laptop purchased for my Teen. I ended up having to use it instead. All standard software and drivers. All updates run. Recent installs WinZip, Adobe Reader DC, Office 365 Family, PDF Viewer SE, and Brother print and scanner software. All new and...
  4. Windows could not start the Windows Process Activation Service on Local Computer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows could not start the Windows Process Activation Service on Local Computer.: Receiving the following after installing IIS and trying to start this service. Windows could not start the Windows Process Activation Service on Local Computer. Error 9: The storage control block address is invalid....
  5. Fatal communication error with the Windows Process Activation Service in Windows 2016

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fatal communication error with the Windows Process Activation Service in Windows 2016: Hello Team, We have hosted our websites in the Windows server 2016 and we faced an issue with an application where the application is stopped to respond with the following message. Event Error log:"A process serving application pool 'PROD-Site' suffered a fatal...
  6. Windows Process Activation Service error 15. Specified drive not found.

Windows Process Activation Service error 15. Specified drive not found.: I am unable to start the WAS service. The start is aborted and I recieve rhe following: error 15: the specified drive could not be found. Any help would be appreciated....
  7. Windows Process Activation Service is not showing up in Services, Windows 10 1903 build...

Windows Process Activation Service is not showing up in Services, Windows 10 1903 build...: Should the service Windows Process Activation Service not show in Services in Windows 10 Pro 1903? ***Modified Title from: Should the service Windows Process Activation Service not show in Services in Windows 10 Pro 1903***...
  8. Should the service Windows Process Activation Service not show in Services in Windows 10...

Should the service Windows Process Activation Service not show in Services in Windows 10...: Should the service Windows Process Activation Service not show in Services in Windows 10 Pro 1903? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-the-service-windows-process-activation/b461f5bb-3f25-42d7-96b4-589594bbe928
  9. Activity Logging and Analysis for a Data Geek

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Activity Logging and Analysis for a Data Geek: Hello, I am looking for some help with logging my activity on windows. Please note I am a bit of a data nerd and so what I am looking for is a bit different from a beginner user. While I can't program, I can usually find my way through cmd and more advanced windows...
  10. windows process activation services

windows process activation services: hi I just want know what is windows process activation services in windows 10 in turn windows features on and off and should I turn it on or leave it off I dont know what it is used for or what it dose...