Windows 10: Process suspended

Discus and support Process suspended in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Does anyone know how to fix the problem with windows suspending my game (League of Legends) in task manager? It started when I updated it on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Maschin_0, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Process suspended

Does anyone know how to fix the problem with windows suspending my game (League of Legends) in task manager?

It started when I updated it on ~23.3.2021 (I can't find the update anymore in update history), and one of the things I tried is to delete that update, but it was not meant to be deleten so I just skipped that. I disabled all of the anti virus I know of on my computer (Avast and Windows Defender Firewall), yet none did anything to solve the problem. I also tried to resume (unsuspend) a process with Resource Monitor but then it just ends the process and when I open it again it comes suspended again.

I don't know if this one will help, but the League of Legends launcher works normally, the problem lies in process "League of Legends (TM) Client" (the thing where you actually play the game).

I have 6GB of RAM and in the moment the game needs to be opened my RAM usage is ~50% (also don't know if this information will have value).

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/Maschin_0
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Maschin_0, Apr 4, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Apr 4, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Apps/processes being suspended!

Sorry you can't follow those. I can only suggest them.

The main idea of the first is the impact of an AV
    It therefore follows that you could consider which AV you are using.

In the second a solution found was
    It therefore follows that you could consider trying that, if meaningful in your case.

Note the final para of that thread indicates that is game-related- i.e. not a Windows service.

Conclusion:
    Both of these point to a 3rd party program being installed causing processes to be suspended.

It therefore follows that should you see if you have anything a bit unusual installed that is having the effect you are seeing.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2021
  4. philc43 Win User

Process suspended

Processes Becoming Suspended

Hello MSRandell,

Sorry it has taken a while to get back to you. I have run some tests with IE open and I do not get either of the 2 iexplore.exe processes suspending even after leaving my system idle for a while. If I close the IE window the iexplore.exe processes become terminated.

I believe as you have one suspended and it shows as having no threads you must have an app or process on your system which requires iexplorer.exe and it has failed in some way. It will be necessary to do some diagnostic investigation to track down the culprit. To do this you will need to use the Start-up tab in Task Manager to stop various programs starting until you find the one that causes it. If you like you can show a screenview of your Start-up tab and we can make some suggestions. You could also try the clean boot process as explained in the tutorial below:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...conflicts.html

philc43, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

Process suspended

1. Process suspended - Similar Threads - Process suspended

2. Game Bar being suspended by UWP process for better performance, is there a way to stop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar being suspended by UWP process for better performance, is there a way to stop...: As soon as i make window+G to open Game Bar, i can see in the task manager the Game Bar process passing from suspended to executed but never open and go back to suspended by UWP process, I've tried EVERY SINGLE article on here and even got to some weird forum about window 11...
  3. Game Bar being suspended by UWP process for better performance, is there a way to stop...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game Bar being suspended by UWP process for better performance, is there a way to stop...: As soon as i make window+G to open Game Bar, i can see in the task manager the Game Bar process passing from suspended to executed but never open and go back to suspended by UWP process, I've tried EVERY SINGLE article on here and even got to some weird forum about window 11...
  4. Windows key and search are not responding, along with many processes being suspended,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows key and search are not responding, along with many processes being suspended,...: This has happened to me before, not too long ago, and it happened about a week after I installed a new windows update. I could not find any help online, because they all said to use apps like powershell and settings, but they were suspended in task manager as soon as I tried...
  5. Windows key and search are not responding, along with many processes being suspended,...

Windows key and search are not responding, along with many processes being suspended,...: This has happened to me before, not too long ago, and it happened about a week after I installed a new windows update. I could not find any help online, because they all said to use apps like powershell and settings, but they were suspended in task manager as soon as I tried...
  6. Is there any way to prevent the UWP process group from suspending Armory Crate while I am...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to prevent the UWP process group from suspending Armory Crate while I am...: The UWP process group keeps suspending Armory Crate while I am trying to use it, which means I can't really change any of the settings controlled by Armory Crate such as how well my GPU works, and when I am trying to play some games they have very low FPS because the graphics...
  7. Is there any way to prevent the UWP process group from suspending Armory Crate while I am...

Is there any way to prevent the UWP process group from suspending Armory Crate while I am...: The UWP process group keeps suspending Armory Crate while I am trying to use it, which means I can't really change any of the settings controlled by Armory Crate such as how well my GPU works, and when I am trying to play some games they have very low FPS because the graphics...
  8. Is there any way to prevent the UWP process group from suspending Armory Crate while I am...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Microsoft Store Background Task Host process Suspended

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Background Task Host process Suspended: Shortly after launching, Microsoft Store's Background Task Host becomes "suspended". The effect of becoming suspended seems to be that Microsoft Store WinStore.app.exe's network consumption falls to almost zero at that point. Apps and app updates therefore do not load or at...
  10. Microsoft Store Background Task Host process Suspended

Microsoft Store Background Task Host process Suspended: Shortly after launching, Microsoft Store's Background Task Host becomes "suspended". The effect of becoming suspended seems to be that Microsoft Store WinStore.app.exe's network consumption falls to almost zero at that point. Apps and app updates therefore do not load or at...