Windows 10: Process taking up alot of memory.

Discus and support Process taking up alot of memory. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey guys, so I have this process it's taking up alot of memory. [img] My computer Stats: [img] 28198 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Loli, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Loli Win User

Process taking up alot of memory.

Hey guys, so I have this process it's taking up alot of memory.

Process taking up alot of memory. [​IMG]

My computer Stats:

Process taking up alot of memory. [​IMG]

:)

2. SwitchS Win User

System Process using alot of memory while gaming

While idle and my usual programs open system will hang around 100mb, while gaming for example I had a game called Dayz open and it would leap to around 1800mb while the game would be around 800mb.

Memory will go to a overall 80-85% percent usage. I don't really notice a performance hit, I'm just curious if this is the norm or something I should be looking into fixing.

SwitchS, Oct 29, 2015
  3. System Process using alot of memory while gaming

Hi,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the following methods and check:

Method 1: Run the Memory diagnostics Tool which detects possible memory issues and fixes it:

Follow the steps:

• Press Windows+R key and hit Enter.

• Type control and click on OK.

• Select Administrative Tools.

• Click on Windows Memory Diagnostic from the list appeared.

• Choose between the two options for when to run the Memory Diagnostic Tool.
    You may also click the notification if you receive it about a possible memory problem to run the Memory Diagnostic Tool.

Method 1:

Run the System maintenance troubleshooter and check if it helps.
    Follow the steps:

a: Press the
    Windows key and click on Settings.

b: Type Troubleshooting
    and select troubleshooting.

c. Click View all on the left pane of the screen.

d: Click on
    System maintenance

e: Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Feel free to write to us for further assistance and we’ll be happy to help.

Navneet Anand, Oct 29, 2015
  4. Clive K Win User

By comparison, mine is using 28k.

Clive K, Oct 29, 2015
  5. axe0 New Member
    Has there been done any maintenance by the system recently?

axe0, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Process taking up alot of memory. - Similar Threads - Process taking alot

2. Issue with taking up memory of stosknrl.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with taking up memory of stosknrl.exe: As you can see that, System stosknrl.exe takes 53% Disk, it's too highIt makes my computer slow down many times.I want to find a solution for this problem. Can you help me?Thank you....
  3. Issue with taking up memory of stosknrl.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with taking up memory of stosknrl.exe: As you can see that, System stosknrl.exe takes 53% Disk, it's too highIt makes my computer slow down many times.I want to find a solution for this problem. Can you help me?Thank you....
  4. null process taking up 40% of memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    null process taking up 40% of memory: Hi everybodySo i was using my computer and i noticed high ram usage and when i checked in taskmgr it was a process with no name and when i clicked properties it claimed to be svchost.exe. When i end it, it comes back 10 minutes later. Anyone know the solution to this? is it...
  5. null process taking up 40% of memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    null process taking up 40% of memory: Hi everybodySo i was using my computer and i noticed high ram usage and when i checked in taskmgr it was a process with no name and when i clicked properties it claimed to be svchost.exe. When i end it, it comes back 10 minutes later. Anyone know the solution to this? is it...
  6. temp folder taking up alot of storage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    temp folder taking up alot of storage: for some reason, the temp folder is taking a lot of storage but if I go to clean it up it says it's a lot less and no matter what I do it won't disappear, it only happened after I tried to install adobe after effects, can some one tell me what's going on and how to fix it...
  7. Windows processes taking up high ram.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows processes taking up high ram.: Hey, I have a Fujitsu Lifebook A555 Laptop, Intel i3 5th Gen and 4gb of ram. When I look at the task manager, I see windows processes taking most of my RAM. When sorted by RAM usage, this is the order: [ATTACH] Cortana, Superfetch, Antimalware Service Executable, and...
  8. Windows Update Taking alot of time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Taking alot of time: Hello, i wan[IMG]ted to update my windows 10 so i did and now ita taking 1 hours to install and its stuck on 48% and i am scared to restart bec it says don't turn off your pc my spec Ram 16 gb Graphics card gtx 960 4 gb msi Processor intel core i 7 4790 Please help....
  9. DWM.exe taking alot of GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DWM.exe taking alot of GPU: Usually while gaming I this comes up and starts eating up my GPU from 10 ~ 40% of my GPU. Its annoying and frustrating as my fps fluctuates a lot while this is going on. Any help?...
  10. DWM.exe taking up high memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DWM.exe taking up high memory: [ATTACH] So i dont know what the problem is. Please dont say use the troubleshooter that doesnt work it says theres nothing wrong and sometimes ill get an error where troubleshooter wont work at all. If you can help that would be greatly appreciated thank you...