Windows 10: Process taskhostw.exe has a high CPU consumption of 99.0%.

Discus and support Process taskhostw.exe has a high CPU consumption of 99.0%. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When i run perfmon /report it returns the error "Process taskhostw.exe has a high CPU consumption of 99.0%. Would anybody be able to help me fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Steven12345678910, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Process taskhostw.exe has a high CPU consumption of 99.0%.

When i run perfmon /report it returns the error "Process taskhostw.exe has a high CPU consumption of 99.0%.

Would anybody be able to help me fix this error? Can't seem to fix it, have tried a repair install, then a format and clean install but the error still remains. I had a look in Process Explorer it seems to point to Svchost.exe which in turn points to Scheduler.

I don't know how to fix it though would it be some kind of task error? My pc doesn't seem to be freezing or anything like that so I don't know why it keeps returning this error.

:)

Steven12345678910, Feb 10, 2020
  2. jmc884 Win User

High RAM consumption in DWM.exe process after Win10 Anniversary update

Anyone else having this problem?

Process taskhostw.exe has a high CPU consumption of 99.0%. [​IMG]

Process taskhostw.exe has a high CPU consumption of 99.0%. [​IMG]

my system is PT-BR, but the process eating 435mb is DWM.exe

jmc884, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    System and compressed memory background process persistently consuming high CPU resources

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

2. Which anti-virus program is installed on the PC?

High CPU usage occurs for various reasons, for example: virus/malware infections, out-of-date drivers, anti-virus programs or other third-party programs, etc;

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your System
    Maintenance.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter

Method 2: Check if the issue resolves in
    Safe Mode.

Refer this article to boot to safe mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Steps to reduce the CPU usage.

1-Press "Ctrl," "Shift," and "Esc" on your keyboard. This brings up the task manager without any intermediary screen.

2-Click the "Processes" button on the task manager.

3-Click the "CPU" column header until the arrow next to the label points down.

4-Right-click a program you recognize that uses a high percentage of the CPU and click "End Process." Click "End Process" to reconfirm. This eases up on the CPU's load. Use this step if you're not using a process or if the process has stopped responding. Do
    not use this procedure for windows processes.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thanks.

Pavan_N, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Process taskhostw.exe has a high CPU consumption of 99.0%.

system process high cpu usage

Hello,

To fix high CPU usage issue, please refer these steps:

Try to identify the process creating this issue.

Download Process Explorer from Microsoft:

Process Explorer - Windows Sysinternals

Run the tool then select the system process, right-click and select Properties.

Switch to the Threads tab. This will show which file is using the excessive CPU usage, from which you can then attempt to diagnose it.

Also refer: [FIX] Windows 10 High CPU Usage Problem

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya MVP, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

Process taskhostw.exe has a high CPU consumption of 99.0%.

1. Process taskhostw.exe has a high CPU consumption of 99.0%. - Similar Threads - Process taskhostw exe

2. Process with 0% CPU what goes on?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Process with 0% CPU what goes on?: Hi all,I have a laptop with Win10 Home which I am using to run some computations very simple but very time consuming with a program written by me: it runs in a dos window and sends some data to the window and to a file, very simple, I am sure it works perfectly because I am...
  3. Process with 0% CPU what goes on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Process with 0% CPU what goes on?: Hi all,I have a laptop with Win10 Home which I am using to run some computations very simple but very time consuming with a program written by me: it runs in a dos window and sends some data to the window and to a file, very simple, I am sure it works perfectly because I am...
  4. Process with 0% CPU what goes on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My data consumption has become very high.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My data consumption has become very high.: I just started using a laptop ,and when I connect it to hotspot it immediately exhausts my data plan.Can anyone pls tell me what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-data-consumption-has-become-very-high/a16ddd83-f339-45ed-bc40-b1819cdad528
  6. High consumption of RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High consumption of RAM: When I open several programs. Memory consumption by DMW is very high. What is the problem??screenshot: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-consumption-of-ram/89c233e4-3971-473b-9a55-0742dd522afb
  7. CPU consumption

CPU consumption: How much CPU resource is ntoskrnl.exe supposed to take ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-consumption/24dcd914-8ae6-4bd8-b253-b4413af33e1f
  8. Windows Defender high CPU consumption

Windows Defender high CPU consumption: Hello, throughout the past couple months when I am playing a game, I noticed my screen would temporarily freeze/stutter for a second or two. After running some diagnostics, I found that a program MsMpEng.exe was momentarily consuming 100% of my CPU. After working to...
  9. taskhostw.exe has a high cpu consumption of 99.8%

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskhostw.exe has a high cpu consumption of 99.8%: taskhostw.exe is using 99.8% of my processor and I need it fixed ASAP, I have tried multiple methods to fix but too no avail. I have tried - sfc /scannow - DISMs I have no idea what to do....
  10. High memory consumption

High memory consumption: Hello! My computer is consuming a lot of memory, I have an i7 processor with 16gb ram and 256 ssd. Is it normal for chrome to consume that much?[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-memory-consumption/d9f28f33-cc1a-4d12-a5a2-95ff7b287598