Windows 10: Processes in Task master marked as suspended

Discus and support Processes in Task master marked as suspended in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; On 26th May a Microsoft screen appeared saying I had 3 viruses in my system and should click and run the scan shown. I did so but within 40 or so... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AlanJohnson666, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Processes in Task master marked as suspended

On 26th May a Microsoft screen appeared saying I had 3 viruses in my system and should click and run the scan shown. I did so but within 40 or so seconds realisesd web page was not Micrsoft but www.boretime.pro. I shutdown the browser and my laptop. On restarting used MacAfee to remove any cookies and tracking files, then ran a full scan. Came back saying system was okay. 2 days later a pop-up file stated system would crash and would loses all files, again shut down browser and lap-top. Followed same procedure removed cokkies etc ,ran full scan ,all okay.

Since then have noticed in Task master various /random processes are marked suspended.

Looked online and followed various recommendations by Microsoft to other users> I have removed cookies and tracking files, disc clean up,

run DISM.exe and sfc /scannow. Run numerous scan all have revealed nothing but sysem oksy, yet processes keep being suspended. Microsoft comment in their suggestions state that it may be third party incompatable files causing problem.

If I have followed all routines how do I get rid of these problems. I am not IT savvy and do not think I am able to do a restore if that is the answer.

:)

AlanJohnson666, Jun 11, 2019

2. Task Master Processes

Hi Tony,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about disk usage on Task Manager. This issue might occur due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

Try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: As a basic troubleshooting steps, I suggest you to search for the process that consumes more space and try to end the process by right clicking on it and clicking
    End task.

Step 2: Run the System maintenance troubleshooter.

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

• Press Windows key and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and hit Enter.
    • Click on View all in the left pane of the window.
    • Select System Maintenance.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Also, refer to
    Free up drive space in Windows 10
    Microsoft article to free up the drive space.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 11, 2019
  3. f14tomcat Win User
    Task manager showing suspended processes for cortana

That's perfectly normal. Windows will suspend processes to the swapfile.sys and only keep the essential code for the process in memory, when idle for a specific time. It all gets pulled back to the Working Memory for the process when needed. Just Windows memory management. You may have 32-64GB of memory, and it will still do this. I have lots of suspended, also. Note one of them is Search UI>Cortana.

Processes in Task master marked as suspended [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Jun 11, 2019
  4. AugustasT Win User

Processes in Task master marked as suspended

Is it possible to Audit Events of Process Resuming from Suspended state; for Task Scheduling trigger?

Hello,

I wish to create a scheduled task that is triggered by a process resuming from when it is "supsended" (like in the Task Manager status column of the Processes tab).

I have created a task that is triggered by process creation by following these steps: How to start a program when another one is started , however I wish to extend the event-triggering to include "Process Resume
    from Suspended".

Is this possible?

Kind Regards,

Augustas T.

AugustasT, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

Processes in Task master marked as suspended

1. Processes in Task master marked as suspended - Similar Threads - Processes Task master

2. Microsoft Store Background Task Host process Suspended

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store Background Task Host process Suspended: Shortly after launching, Microsoft Store's Background Task Host becomes "suspended". The effect of becoming suspended seems to be that Microsoft Store WinStore.app.exe's network consumption falls to almost zero at that point. Apps and app updates therefore do not load or at...
  3. Suspending processes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Suspending processes: Hello,Windows keeps suspending processes and then killing them on startup. I have had this issue before, and restoring to a previous point in time used to solve it for a few months but now the issue seems to be persistent even after doing this.I have run SFC /scannow and...
  4. Suspending processes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suspending processes: Hello,Windows keeps suspending processes and then killing them on startup. I have had this issue before, and restoring to a previous point in time used to solve it for a few months but now the issue seems to be persistent even after doing this.I have run SFC /scannow and...
  5. Suspending processes

6. Process suspended

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Process suspended: Does anyone know how to fix the problem with windows suspending my game (League of Legends) in task manager? It started when I updated it on ~23.3.2021 (I can't find the update anymore in update history), and one of the things I tried is to delete that update, but it was not...
  7. Suspended process

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Suspended process: Hi, With the latest update i can't open any application preseinstalled in the OS. Like if i start services.msc the process will be suspended or if i try to reset, the OS, from the settings menu it will never allow me to finish because the process will be suspended. If i...
  8. Cortana not working and process suspended in the task manager

in Cortana
    Cortana not working and process suspended in the task manager: Hi, I am having problem while using cortana, whenever I click the icon it starts and when I ask it to do something it always freezes and then closes. When I saw in task manager it shows a green leaf icon and says process is suspended. Please help. I am not able to use...
  9. Task manager showing suspended processes for cortana

Task manager showing suspended processes for cortana: I just did a fresh install and update to 1803 Task manager showing suspended processes for cortana And she’ll experience and background host for cortana What can cause this? 114460
  10. Backround Processes being suspended in Task Manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Backround Processes being suspended in Task Manager: Whats going on do I have a virus on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/backround-processes-being-suspended-in-task/6e607239-7565-44c0-919f-0fea06dcdf05"