Windows 10: processes tab of task manager remains blank all other task manager tabs work fine

Discus and support processes tab of task manager remains blank all other task manager tabs work fine in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am not sure when this problem started because I rarely need to use the Task Manager. I remember asking one other time about this and that was before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kenneth.Benson, Mar 30, 2021.

1. processes tab of task manager remains blank all other task manager tabs work fine

I am not sure when this problem started because I rarely need to use the Task Manager. I remember asking one other time about this and that was before COVID-19 I have been very busy since that started. Looking at the community questions, I have tried SFC scannow and the DISM commands and it doesn't make a difference. I can run Sysinternals Process Explorer and that works fine. As I said in the subject, all of the other tabs of Task Manager work fine. Can Anyone come up with any ideas as to what's wrong? I don't want my PC to crash because of this problem. My thanks to anyone with ideas on this.

:)

Kenneth.Benson, Mar 30, 2021

2. The processes tab of task manager is blank

In recent months, the processes tab of task manager is blank, while all other tabs of task manager have no problem. The process tab is normal when you first open task manager after an OS-restart. But after you close task manager and open it a second time,
    the process tab is blank and keeps blank all the time till next OS-start.

processes tab of task manager remains blank all other task manager tabs work fine 7da2f48b-59c9-4fd4-bb47-374b9e2ea673?upload=true.png

askweiruan, Mar 30, 2021
  3. Leonelsr2 Win User
    Task Manager Processes tab completely blank

I've seen other posts of users having this issue.

In minimal view, the task manager shows nothing other than "There are no running apps".

When I click "More details", I get the full view, but the Processes tab shows no processes. All the other tabs are working as expected, the problem is only with the Processes tab.

If I reboot the PC, the task manager works fine at first. But later it becomes blank again.

Every thread has someone suggesting SFC and DISM to repair Windows image.

I tried all of them. No result.

This has been happening ever since Fall Creators update, on two different computers. One computer is brand new, was clean from factory.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

processes tab of task manager remains blank all other task manager tabs work fine 9f2f1568-7d9b-43ed-b353-185b7eb7657e?upload=true.png

processes tab of task manager remains blank all other task manager tabs work fine 620e0141-6336-4133-b168-1cac8ee1cfc2?upload=true.png

Leonelsr2, Mar 30, 2021
  4. JoshuaZ Win User

processes tab of task manager remains blank all other task manager tabs work fine

Task Manager Processes tab completely blank

Alright, so it has happened again, these are the items I have observed, plus my computer specifciations:

Processor: Intel i7 920 @ 2.67 Ghz

RAM: 12 GB

Manufacturer iBUYPOWER Computers

Edition: Windows 10 Home

Version: 1709

OS build 16299.309

Ran both the dism.exe tool and the sfc, no changes with either one.

Oddities:

1: Left-clicking on the windows button does nothing

2: Task Manager Processes tab is empty

3: The Brother printer service icon was blank, and when I try to open it, the context menus are blank until I hover the mouse over them. I ask to open the application and I get an invisible window that I can't interact with, but if I bring other windows
    with graphic images on them (i.e my web browser) the rectangle is visible as a big rectangular 'hole' in the browser.

4. I used Process explorer to close out all of the Printer executables, and the 'invisible rectangle' disappeared. Process Tabs are still blank within the Task Manager (but I still get the percentage values in the header bar).

So, what other troubleshooting steps should I try?

JoshuaZ, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

processes tab of task manager remains blank all other task manager tabs work fine

1. processes tab of task manager remains blank all other task manager tabs work fine - Similar Threads - processes tab task

2. Task Manager Performance Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager Performance Tab: Windows 11 22H2 22621.1702 Retail OEM VersionQuestion is in Task Manager-> Performance I can see the temperature of my GPU...Why can't it show the temperature of my CPU?...
  3. "Users" Tab in task manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Users" Tab in task manager: Hi, I have recently built a new pc and upon checking my ask manager today I see a "users" tab. After googling it a bit it seems to be some sort of management tool for things like schools or if you have multiple people using the same pc. My issue is I only have one user on...
  4. Windows task manager "Processes" tab is empty

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows task manager "Processes" tab is empty: Hi all! From a month ago I find when open the Task Manager TM, it does not show any process in "Processes" tab. If I start TM immediately after reboot/logon, it shows everything correctly, until I close and try to open again. Then the tab is empty. I find a...
  5. Task Manager - Startup tab

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager - Startup tab: I found these 3 entries and am wondering why when I right click, the "Open file location" and "Properties" are greyed out. Hoping someone can help me find out what these are win10 version 2004 Thanks Richard [img] 169438
  6. task manager tab "processes" and tab "users" are blank

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    task manager tab "processes" and tab "users" are blank: Both tabs mentioned above are blank. The other tabs are working fine. When I restart the PC everything works fine but after 4 hours the problem appears again....
  7. Task Manager Process tab is empty

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task Manager Process tab is empty: I have been having this problem for at least the last year. Task Manager shows information on all tabs *except* the process tab which is empty. I have run SFC and DISM scanhealth and restorehealth in that order and it will work on the next reboot for one to two days. It...
  8. Task Manager Processes and Users tabs go blank after a while?

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager Processes and Users tabs go blank after a while?: Hey Guys I have a strange issue with Task Manager. When I initially open it everything shows fine. Once a certain amount of time passes and I re-launch it, the processes and users tab show no data? Once I restart, it opens fine again...for a while. Additional info: Laptop...
  9. Task manager/startup tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Task manager/startup tab: I'm getting ready to clone a SSD and replace the HDD on an older laptop running Win 10 1809 on a core i7-5720M with 8 GB ram. I've cleaned it up best I know how short of running sfc /scannow... which I'm getting ready to do before the clone. I'm curious what the BIOS time...
  10. task manager performance tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    task manager performance tab: I use Windows 10 1809 with latest update. my laptop asus x556ur core i3 with 4gb ram and 2 gb Nvidia gpu. my task manager performance tab is missing gpu process tab. no intel nor Nvidia . I have ran sfc scan ,tried every option of task manager . it was there before . I'm...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com