Windows 10: processing bsod

Discus and support processing bsod in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As bsod event logs are viewed it seems the log grows and grows contaminating new event logs with the old ones. Today when I viewed an event log it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by zbook, May 31, 2017.

1. zbook New Member

processing bsod

As bsod event logs are viewed it seems the log grows and grows contaminating new event logs with the old ones.
    Today when I viewed an event log it displayed:
    Event[32864]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-General Date: 2017-05-31T23:01:46.889 Event ID: 16 Task: N/A Level: Information Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-21-760910800-1409565556-4028094100-1001 User Name: DESKTOP-3JKT9I9\degra Computer: DESKTOP-3JKT9I9 Description: The access history in hive \??\C:\Users\defaultuser0\NTUSER.DAT was cleared updating 841 keys and creating 53 modified pages.

The above event log number: Event[32864]:
    How do you clean up the event logs so that each bsod analysis is not contaminated by earlier viewing?

1) After using the debugger what is the first log that you generally start with?
    2) When you start analyzing bsod what are the steps that you make with each of the logs?
    3) When you view logs which find terms to you usually use?
    4) Where do you find on the web site/tutorials the list of drivers?
    5) Which log file typically has information on whether the windows is authentic or pirated? And what do you search for to make this conclusion?

:)

zbook, May 31, 2017

2. BSOD - Help

On windows 10 machine, got the BSOD - I can't restart in safe mode. I've run the automatic repair process - which resulted in the BSOD....but did end up with a critical process died error.

The first time I got the BSOD the error message referenced MEMORY_MANAGEMENT.

Any ideas how to proceed?

carolcaissie, May 31, 2017
  3. auggy Win User
    Windows 10 BSOD: KMODE Exception Not Handled

There was not a particular driver implicated in the crash.

However the AvastSvc.exe was the process that crashed which may indicate the issue is with an Avast driver if the BSOD is recurring and the AvastSvc.exe is the process that is consistently crashing.

auggy, May 31, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

processing bsod

@zbook, please read my PMs and read the BSOD threads.
    There are quire some threads which has answers to some of your questions.

I also have a PM ready to answer your other questions, but I need answers on questions I asked in 1 of my PMs.

5. zbook New Member
    Somehow I have not been able to find the posts you are referring to. There are PM but there was no information that I saw about the bsod processing. At this juncture the notepad is contaminated and I need an immediate fix. It is preventing bsod analysis as it is contaminated with older bsod logs.

zbook, May 31, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    As mentioned, I have PMs ready to explain, I just need an answer to what I asked.

7. zbook New Member
    I could not find what you had asked. Please submit that again.

zbook, May 31, 2017
  8. axe0 New Member

processing bsod

Go to this link, unless you cleaned up your inbox you'll find it there.

9. zbook New Member
    There are 4 PM (two duplicates on 5/31 and two on 5/28) but was unable to find the link with the question (s)

zbook, May 31, 2017
  10. axe0 New Member
    Either one of the 28th is mine, read it carefully.

11. zbook New Member
    zbook, May 31, 2017
  12. axe0 New Member
    I've send you a PM explaining a few things, not everything is explained because of the character limits with PMs (5.000).

13. zbook New Member

processing bsod

Going through them now. Thx.

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

processing bsod

1. processing bsod - Similar Threads - processing bsod

2. Having a BSOD only on Windows 11 and only when printing from a 32bit process on 64 bit...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having a BSOD only on Windows 11 and only when printing from a 32bit process on 64 bit...: Hello,We have an application we use to reproduce the issue, which in summary, gets to a point where it prints from a 32 bit application to the the 64 bit Amyuni PDF Converter on Windows 11 and the print job has a TIFF image with transparencies, when printing at DPI of 300 or...
  3. Having a BSOD only on Windows 11 and only when printing from a 32bit process on 64 bit...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having a BSOD only on Windows 11 and only when printing from a 32bit process on 64 bit...: Hello,We have an application we use to reproduce the issue, which in summary, gets to a point where it prints from a 32 bit application to the the 64 bit Amyuni PDF Converter on Windows 11 and the print job has a TIFF image with transparencies, when printing at DPI of 300 or...
  4. Issues with windows auto repair tool after BSOD Critical process died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with windows auto repair tool after BSOD Critical process died: Hello, I had an issue where my laptop's gpu wouldn't show in device manager, but I could see it in hidden devices, and it was detected by BIOS so I tried to use a backup for windows recovery. And backup went okay at first, but gpu would still not show. I tried to reboot...
  5. Issues with windows auto repair tool after BSOD Critical process died

Issues with windows auto repair tool after BSOD Critical process died: Hello, I had an issue where my laptop's gpu wouldn't show in device manager, but I could see it in hidden devices, and it was detected by BIOS so I tried to use a backup for windows recovery. And backup went okay at first, but gpu would still not show. I tried to reboot...
  6. BSOD - Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - Critical Process Died: I recently attempted to upgrade my gpu to a 4070 ti super from a 2080 super on windows 11. The new card was not working at first as I could not install drivers because it would not show up in device manager. A quick summary of the troubleshooting steps which eventually lead...
  7. BSOD - Critical Process Died

BSOD - Critical Process Died: I recently attempted to upgrade my gpu to a 4070 ti super from a 2080 super on windows 11. The new card was not working at first as I could not install drivers because it would not show up in device manager. A quick summary of the troubleshooting steps which eventually lead...
  8. BSOD when running online games Unexpected Store Exception/Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when running online games Unexpected Store Exception/Critical Process Died: Hello, I recently found this post https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unexpected-store-exception-but-nothing-appears-to/c1d290aa-9440-4aca-a742-58ac89827cccWhich is kind of the same issue as the one on my end but the BSoD only happens when I'm playing Call...
  9. BSOD when running online games Unexpected Store Exception/Critical Process Died

BSOD when running online games Unexpected Store Exception/Critical Process Died: Hello, I recently found this post https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unexpected-store-exception-but-nothing-appears-to/c1d290aa-9440-4aca-a742-58ac89827cccWhich is kind of the same issue as the one on my end but the BSoD only happens when I'm playing Call...
  10. Urgent! BSOD "Critical Process Died" and cannot logon to Windows Desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Urgent! BSOD "Critical Process Died" and cannot logon to Windows Desktop: Hi, I've encountered BSOD "Critical Process Died" continuously on my home PC Win10 Pro 22H2 and unable to logon to Windows Destop, I've Googled the key word and try to resolve this issue but no luck. I've the log file "SrtTrail.txt" & "SrtTrail.log" in hand, so please let me...