Windows 10: Processor choice??

Discus and support Processor choice?? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm torn between the following: 1. AMD A10-6800K 2. Intel I3-4150 The Intel is a better chip overall but would it be worth the effort to replace... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BunnyJ, Apr 7, 2015.

1. BunnyJ New Member

Processor choice??

I'm torn between the following:
    1. AMD A10-6800K
    2. Intel I3-4150

The Intel is a better chip overall but would it be worth the effort to replace the motherboard to get the Intel??
    TIA
    Jeff

:)

BunnyJ, Apr 7, 2015

2. processors

So i have a pc with 2 x5680 processors and i have never been able to use all 12 cores 24 threads but it would really speed up my production and such if i were able to use all of them... they all show up in device manager and the bios but every other program
    cpuz, cinebench r15, task manager, etc only has the 6 cores and 12 threads of the first processor... also cinebench r15 shows im using windows 8 so that makes me think it could be a windows 10 problem and yes i tried the msconfig trick and it only shows the
    12 logic processors{threads).

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / Desktop]

Jordan Haraldson, Apr 7, 2015
  3. ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Apr 7, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Processor choice??

Never mind.. I'm going for the AMD.
    Jeff *Smile

BunnyJ, Apr 7, 2015
  5. CountMike New Member
    It may be worth the effort but not worth the money and you get better graphics too. If you want to throw some money anyway get more and/or faster RAM, faster RAM counts with APU.

CountMike, Apr 8, 2015
  6. WHS
    whs Win User
    Wise decision. I have an AMD A8 in a laptop. Works quite well. The i3 in the other laptop is no better. Note though that those are laptop CPUs not desktop versions.

7. BunnyJ New Member
    @whs I just don't want to replace the motherboard unless I have to and the current motherboard is very good. So, just replacing the APU(which is supported by the motherboard) is the best way to go for me. Oh and I'm going to add a closed loop liquid cooler.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Apr 8, 2015
  8. CountMike New Member

Processor choice??

Planing to OC a lot ? Those APUs, specially GPU part can benefit of OC.

CountMike, Apr 8, 2015
  9. WHS
    whs Win User
    With OC, a liquid cooler would be useful. But else I don't think it needs it - although AMDs have a tendency to run hot.

10. CountMike New Member
    Actually, GPU part in them produces most of the heat. "K" counterparts use very little power and produce much less heat.

CountMike, Apr 8, 2015
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    BunnyJ, Apr 8, 2015
  12. Actually with a APU the fastest memory the motherboard can take will speed up the graphics processing so consider 16 or even 32 GB of ram DDR3 2133 if you can afford it. What holds back a lot of those litte APU chips is insufficient fast ram. That would be a bigger benefit than an 800mhz speed increase. I would not overclock with the board you have since there are no heatsinks on the mosfet vrm and it will go bang if you do. Go for a quad core and change your ram for DDR2133 16 or 32 gb and you will see a truly worthwhile upgrade.

Indianatone, Apr 8, 2015
  13. BunnyJ New Member

Processor choice??

Thanks for the advice.. my motherboard only support up to 1866 but I'll get 8GB of that with the processor.

BunnyJ, Apr 8, 2015
  14. Wynona Win User
    Pricewise, the AMD is your better buy. And I just recently read that if you can tell the difference in the speed between the two, you're a much better man than the author. *Smile

Wynona, Apr 9, 2015
  15. MSI USA FM2-A55M-E33

It is faster than you think.

Indianatone, Apr 10, 2015
Thema:

Processor choice??

1. Processor choice?? - Similar Threads - Processor choice

2. Why is my processor running so slow?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my processor running so slow?: My processor is running at 0.2 ghz when the base says 2.5 ghz. I have updated drivers, windows updates and ran a HP stess test The stress test said I passed yet I never saw it go past .2 ghz while the test was prefrmed. Could it be a windows 11 patch or update bug?...
  3. Why is my processor running so slow?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my processor running so slow?: My processor is running at 0.2 ghz when the base says 2.5 ghz. I have updated drivers, windows updates and ran a HP stess test The stress test said I passed yet I never saw it go past .2 ghz while the test was prefrmed. Could it be a windows 11 patch or update bug?...
  4. Incompatible processor for Windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incompatible processor for Windows 11 upgrade: My Dell 27AIO running Windows 10 Home passes a PC Health Check for a Windows 11 upgrade except for an incompatible processor. Wondering if anyone knows what missing functionality is present with an Intel Core i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz and 48 GB of RAM. Is it possible to upgrade...
  5. Incompatible processor for Windows 11 upgrade

Incompatible processor for Windows 11 upgrade: My Dell 27AIO running Windows 10 Home passes a PC Health Check for a Windows 11 upgrade except for an incompatible processor. Wondering if anyone knows what missing functionality is present with an Intel Core i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz and 48 GB of RAM. Is it possible to upgrade...
  6. Monitoring CPU usage of Win devices with different languages using typeperf %Processor Time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitoring CPU usage of Win devices with different languages using typeperf %Processor Time: I use Windows 10 and above for my project in English, Spanish, etc. I am monitoring CPU usage of Win devices using typeperf %Processor Time. I want to run typeperf in devices with different locale without having to change object or counter. I see we have perflib from...
  7. Monitoring CPU usage of Win devices with different languages using typeperf %Processor Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitoring CPU usage of Win devices with different languages using typeperf %Processor Time: I use Windows 10 and above for my project in English, Spanish, etc. I am monitoring CPU usage of Win devices using typeperf %Processor Time. I want to run typeperf in devices with different locale without having to change object or counter. I see we have perflib from...
  8. Monitoring CPU usage of Win devices with different languages using typeperf %Processor Time

9. Is there any possibility to install windows 11 on a device that its processor does not meet...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any possibility to install windows 11 on a device that its processor does not meet...: Hi I am wondering if I can install windows 11 on my laptop which has 4g ram and 240g memory. It says its processor does not meet the minimum requirement to install windows 11.Is there any possibility that in the future Microsoft add a lower requirement for installing windows...
  10. Is there any possibility to install windows 11 on a device that its processor does not meet...

Is there any possibility to install windows 11 on a device that its processor does not meet...: Hi I am wondering if I can install windows 11 on my laptop which has 4g ram and 240g memory. It says its processor does not meet the minimum requirement to install windows 11.Is there any possibility that in the future Microsoft add a lower requirement for installing windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intrl g630 discus.