Windows 10: Processor core on 100% all the time

Discus and support Processor core on 100% all the time in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! In my Asus X550jx laptop the processor core 0 always on 100%, and the other cores on 10-20%. System: Windows 10 Pro Processor: i7 4720 hq ,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by feleanor96, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Processor core on 100% all the time

Hello!

In my Asus X550jx laptop the processor core 0 always on 100%, and the other cores on 10-20%.

System: Windows 10 Pro

Processor: i7 4720 hq , 4 core, 8 logical processors

System reinstall✔

HDD format ✔

SSD format ✔

cleaning ✔

new paste ✔

Any idea for a solution?

:)

feleanor96, Aug 1, 2018
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Aug 1, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 1, 2018
  4. Processor core on 100% all the time

core 2 duo processor not supported

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to connect to Core 2 duo processor as it is not supported. We will help you to resolve this issue.

• Please let us know, when exactly you are getting this error?

I suggest you to check with the System Requirements, refer to the below link:

Specifications

I suggest you to download official ISO media for Windows 10 from Microsoft and check:

Download official ISO media for Windows 10 from Microsoft

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

Processor core on 100% all the time

1. Processor core on 100% all the time - Similar Threads - Processor core 100%

2. Single core running at 100% all the time following install of 2023-12 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Single core running at 100% all the time following install of 2023-12 update: I installed the 2023-12 update a few days ago and since then one core out of 20 runs at 100% all the time. This does not happen if I boot into safe mode. It does happen if I do a clean boot. I don't see a process with either Task Manage or Performance Monitor that could be...
  3. Single core running at 100% all the time following install of 2023-12 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Single core running at 100% all the time following install of 2023-12 update: I installed the 2023-12 update a few days ago and since then one core out of 20 runs at 100% all the time. This does not happen if I boot into safe mode. It does happen if I do a clean boot. I don't see a process with either Task Manage or Performance Monitor that could be...
  4. CPU at 100% all the time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU at 100% all the time: My CPU is always at 100%. I tried alot things to fix this but nothing has worked. I have tried alot of things that i found on this site. nothing so far has worked. so any advice on what to do? last thing i tried was resetting windows 10 with wiping everything on the c...
  5. Processors/Cores

Processors/Cores: Hey, On my windows 10 Pc, i went on task manager and saw that i have 2 cores but 4 logical processors. Is there room to enable all 4 cores, are 2 cores deactivated?? How do I utilize all cores to 100% performance?...
  6. Multi Core processor not using all cores

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Multi Core processor not using all cores: I have an Intel i7 8700 12 core processor and many of the cores don't appear to being used. there are times when the computer is slow to respond to changes (starting applications, change web pages etc.) Is there a way to utilise all the cores to speed thing up, or is the...
  7. 100% CPU usage at all times

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% CPU usage at all times: I've been battling this issue for a few weeks now and nothing seems to have helped. I constantly have 100% cpu usage, no matter what programs are running. Even when I'm idling, I have 100% CPU usage that seems to be cause by "System Idle Process". Also, if I'm focused on a...
  8. Hard Disk at 100% all the time

Hard Disk at 100% all the time: Hello... My english is not that good, sorry me please. I think the problem is with Windows Update. When i start my computer it starts downloading updates, it puts the hdd at 100% of use, and makes my computer useless. I have another computer with an ssd and of course this...
  9. My CPU is at 100% all the time

My CPU is at 100% all the time: My computer's CPU is always at 100% when I open Task Manager. I have different apps open all the time, they are; Chrome, Edge, Spotify, Notes, Netflix, Photoshop and Illustrator, although I only ever have about 2-3 open at a time. My computer runs quite slow and I'm not sure...
  10. Disk Usage at 100% All of the Time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Usage at 100% All of the Time: My computer's disk usage is constantly at 100%. when I check the task manager the most disk intensive process is Service Host: Local System (16) which fluctuates between 20MB/s and 1MB/s. 100506

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1903 asus 100% processor