Windows 10: Processor deemed incompatible with Win 11 upgrade is LISTED in the list of supported intel...

Discus and support Processor deemed incompatible with Win 11 upgrade is LISTED in the list of supported intel... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I tried upgrading to Win 11. The message stated my PC does not meet the current requirements for Win 11 upgrade because of my processor. However my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Introman, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Introman Win User

Processor deemed incompatible with Win 11 upgrade is LISTED in the list of supported intel...

I tried upgrading to Win 11. The message stated my PC does not meet the current requirements for Win 11 upgrade because of my processor. However my processor - IntelR CoreTM i7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.71 GHz - is listed in the supported processor list on Microsoft website. What gives?

:)

Introman, Nov 20, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Why can't my Processor meet requirement for a Win 11 Upgrade ???

List of supported processors for Win 11:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...tel-processors

Is yours there?

Also note the message has links you can click. Did you do that? 'More about'...

Also note no TPM was detected.

Naturally you can upgrade to Win 11 by one means or another even with 'incompatible' devices, as has been documented on this forum multiple times. Someone's eve written a tutorial on that if you search/look around.

The restriction is implemented by the installer.

There is a nominal risk of so-called 'non-supported' systems not receiving upgrades or updates.

Is Win 11 better? Well, the taskbar is a lot less functional....

dalchina, Nov 20, 2021
  3. yahanna Win User
    Why can't my Processor meet requirement for a Win 11 Upgrade ???

No offense but not knowing what 'wtf' is means youre late to 2021.

I built my PC in 2016. All modern motherboards have TPM. I think maybe the error means that its not enabled. I think I need to enable it in the bios.

So non-supported PCs may not receive nominal updates. Is that all or some? Which types are restricted?

So youre saying that 11 isnt worth upgrading I suppose.

yahanna, Nov 20, 2021
  4. Ken_f Win User

Processor deemed incompatible with Win 11 upgrade is LISTED in the list of supported intel...

Win10 Pro Support for Intel Xeon Processors

I am about to build a new rig that includes the following hardware components:

• Intel Xeon E5-1650 v3 Haswell-EP 3.5GHz 6 x 256 KB L2 Cache 15MB L3 Cache LGA 2011-3 140W Server Processor

I have read that some processors will have a limited life support under Win10 rolling upgrades. Due to the robust architecture of this system, I cant seem to determine if:

• Windows will support this processor
    • What the expected EoL for this processor support would be

Any help in determining if the hardware configuration component above is supported would be greatly appreciated.

Ken

Ken_f, Nov 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Processor deemed incompatible with Win 11 upgrade is LISTED in the list of supported intel... - Similar Threads - Processor deemed incompatible

2. List of supported processors for Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    List of supported processors for Win 11: I'm hoping someone from Microsoft will chime in here. Are there any plans of expanding the list of supported processors, specifically I have an HP Probook 450 G3 with an i5-6200U processor. That processor is just out of spec on the list and the laptop meets all other...
  3. List of supported processors for Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    List of supported processors for Win 11: I'm hoping someone from Microsoft will chime in here. Are there any plans of expanding the list of supported processors, specifically I have an HP Probook 450 G3 with an i5-6200U processor. That processor is just out of spec on the list and the laptop meets all other...
  4. Processor is on the list of supported Windows 11 processors but Windows Upgrade says it isn't

Processor is on the list of supported Windows 11 processors but Windows Upgrade says it isn't: Hi,I can't upgrade to Windows 11 because, aparently, my system does not support it. I have run the Windows PC Health Check and the only reason given is that my processor is not on the supported list. When I go to the list of supported processors there it is IntelR CoreTM...
  5. Processor deemed incompatible with Win 11 upgrade is LISTED in the list of supported intel...

Processor deemed incompatible with Win 11 upgrade is LISTED in the list of supported intel...: I tried upgrading to Win 11. The message stated my PC does not meet the current requirements for Win 11 upgrade because of my processor. However my processor - IntelR CoreTM i7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.71 GHz - is listed in the supported processor list on Microsoft website....
  6. Processor not supported but It's on the list.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Processor not supported but It's on the list.: I just checked to see if I can run windows 11 but says my pc id not able to run it. say my processor isn't supported. I checked the list of supported Processors and mine is on the list.i7-7700T 2.9GHz. Did I read this wrong....
  7. Processor not supported but It's on the list.

Processor not supported but It's on the list.: I just checked to see if I can run windows 11 but says my pc id not able to run it. say my processor isn't supported. I checked the list of supported Processors and mine is on the list.i7-7700T 2.9GHz. Did I read this wrong....
  8. Processor not supported but It's on the list.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Win 11 Update Processor Is not Listed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 Update Processor Is not Listed: I am unable to update to win 11 due to processor isn't listed in supported, other than this my pc is running on high performance. Is there any chances that it will be added in supported processors or i have to stick on win 10....
  10. Win 11 Update Processor Is not Listed

Win 11 Update Processor Is not Listed: I am unable to update to win 11 due to processor isn't listed in supported, other than this my pc is running on high performance. Is there any chances that it will be added in supported processors or i have to stick on win 10....