Windows 10: Processor frequencies do not match in Windows 10

Discus and support Processor frequencies do not match in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]In today’s post, we will explore the cause and possible resolution to the issue of CPU frequencies shown in Windows 10 System property page do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 6, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Processor frequencies do not match in Windows 10

WinClub, Feb 6, 2020
  2. Mattxx Win User

processor frequency

I have two laptops running windows 10.

One selectable processor frequency under the power management options

The other does not, the selection is not listed.

The computer with the selection, was set to ZERO.

How do I determine the frequency to set it to?

Thanks

Mattxx, Feb 6, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Windows 10 - Maximum Processor Frequency

Click HERE for a full explanation of these Settings

Modern processors manage themselves and there is little to be gained from changing settings in Windows, in fact you can do more harm than good.

Modern processors run at a low frequency when your system is not doing much and ramp up their frequency when required by processor intensive tasks, so a processor rated at 2.3Ghz, when at rest will run at about 0.78Ghz and when requires may boost up to 3.2Ghz.
    This is managed by Intel software (firmware) not Windows Settings . . .

For more information, please read the following articles on Speed Stepping an Turbo Boost

Speed Stepping

Turbo Boost

DaveM121, Feb 6, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

processor frequency

The processor without this option probable does not support that feature!

When Processor Frequency is set to 0, this normally indicates a modern processor.

Modern multi-core processors support SpeedStep. This technology is used to ramp up or limit the frequency, depending on the task you are performing.

So for example, I have an i7 rated at 2.8Ghz, when my system is at rest, it runs at about 0.82Ghz, but when I run a processor intensive task it will ramp up to 3.8Ghz, even though my processor is rated at 2.8Ghz

If you have a processor like this, I would leave the Intel Management Software and Windows manage it . . .

DaveM121, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Processor frequencies do not match in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Processor frequencies match

2. Maximum processor frequency is ignored by my windows 10 system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Maximum processor frequency is ignored by my windows 10 system: As you can see, maximum processor frequency won't work in my system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/maximum-processor-frequency-is-ignored-by-my/26801648-332f-4b43-ac9c-94a070bd5682
  3. Maximum processor frequency is ignored by my windows 10 system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Maximum processor frequency is ignored by my windows 10 system: As you can see, maximum processor frequency won't work in my system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/maximum-processor-frequency-is-ignored-by-my/26801648-332f-4b43-ac9c-94a070bd5682
  4. Maximum processor frequency is ignored by my windows 10 system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. amd processor frequency problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    amd processor frequency problem: hi i have windows 11 and amd processor 9 5000 5900x frequency set to max and the temp always 4.4 and usage 2% and i don't know what shall i do and i tried alot to contact microsoft chat or support team and i couldn't reach them hope you assist me ASAP to avoid this issue....
  6. amd processor frequency problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    amd processor frequency problem: hi i have windows 11 and amd processor 9 5000 5900x frequency set to max and the temp always 4.4 and usage 2% and i don't know what shall i do and i tried alot to contact microsoft chat or support team and i couldn't reach them hope you assist me ASAP to avoid this issue....
  7. Task Manager reporting high processor frequency

Task Manager reporting high processor frequency: After upgrading to version 1809, I've noticed that the Task Manager shows the processor is constantly at turbo boost and running at its highest frequency although Edge is the only app running on this PC at the moment. Performance tab: [ATTACH] Processes tab: [ATTACH]...
  8. The frequency and maximum load of the processor is limited

The frequency and maximum load of the processor is limited: Windows 10 Pro 1803. The frequency and maximum load of the processor is limited, although the "High performance" power plan is included and there are no limits. Sometimes when I change power plan and reboot PC, the limiter is remove, but not for long time.[ATTACH]...
  9. Add or Remove Maximum Processor Frequency in Windows 10 Power Options

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Maximum Processor Frequency in Windows 10 Power Options: How to: Add or Remove Maximum Processor Frequency in Windows 10 Power Options How to Add or Remove "Maximum processor frequency" from Power Options in Windows 10 Processor frequency specifies the operating frequency of the CPU's core(s) in MHz. The higher the frequency...
  10. Change Maximum Processor Frequency in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Maximum Processor Frequency in Windows 10: How to: Change Maximum Processor Frequency in Windows 10 [img] Information Processor frequency specifies the operating frequency of the CPU's core(s) in MHz. The higher the frequency is for a CPU, the faster the processor is. You can specify the approximate maximum...