Windows 10: Processor keeps capping at 0.99ghz

Discus and support Processor keeps capping at 0.99ghz in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my laptop using my install media created using the creator on the website. There were no issues with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BradNunchr, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Processor keeps capping at 0.99ghz

Hello,

I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my laptop using my install media created using the creator on the website. There were no issues with my CPU capping or anything like that prior to the new install.

So ive just realised my computer performing slow so i decided to check task manager and i see my CPU seems to be capping at 0.99 GHZ. I have checked my power options and ensured that the minimum and maximum processor states are at 100% on High Performance mode. My CPU normally runs at over 2.4 ghz. When i restarted my computer it was 2.4 ghz but soon after capped to 0.99ghz. I do not know why. I have taken some screenshots.

Idle:

Processor keeps capping at 0.99ghz [​IMG]

Whilst running cpu stress program:

What could be the problem, please help

:)

BradNunchr, Dec 14, 2015

2. Cap Lock won't stay on using windows 8.1 RT and touch screen keyboard.

I have a Nokia Lumia tablet that uses 8.1 RT and when I want to keep the cap lock on and tap the up arrow on the keyboard the key turns white but when I remove my finger it goes back to grey and won't keep cap lock on. If I switch to the full size touch
    keyboard it has a separate cap key and it will keep cap on. I used to be able to double tap the up arrow (cap) to keep caps on. I have done all the recent updates.

CharlieCrabb, Dec 14, 2015
  3. amit_mc Win User
    Future fantastic >> Question to the moderator and/or any nokia rep

Dear one

please keep in mind that only firmware alone will not be able to handle high cap memory cards. it needs a strong processor better RAM, more cache memory, power backup. of course one day will come when u will not need memory cards ur whole data will be on some
    website but too much time is needed for it so be happy wht we have .......

amit_mc, Dec 14, 2015
  4. Processor keeps capping at 0.99ghz

SOLVED: Just fixed it, I do not know why but my CPU caps on anything besides the power4gear poweroptions.

Thanks

BradNunchr, Dec 14, 2015
  5. I don't use any 3rd party software to manage power plans. They usually cause more harm than good.

theveterans, Dec 14, 2015
  6. segin Win User
    I have the same ASUS Vivobook S550CB laptop, with the same Intel Core i5-3337U processor.

I came to this thread looking for an answer, and also tried the "Power4Gear" app, which did nothing more than give me a fancy GUI around the built-in Windows power management settings. It required something else to actually solve the problem, and I figured out what:

The problem is that the stock ACPI driver for Windows 10 doesn't properly read the ACPI tables for our laptop. This causes the Intel power management driver to malfunction, and the CPU speed to be capped.

The solution is to install the ASUS ATK Package, which includes the "ATKACPI" driver, which is an ACPI driver designed for the ASUS Vivobook S550CB.

You can find it here, under OS selection "Windows 10 64-bit", under subsection "ATK": https://www.asus.com/support/Downloa...ZMWwQes3Jh/45/

After installing this driver and rebooting, I was able to keep my CPU speed at up to 2.54GHz (the i5-3337U can turbo up to 2.7GHz according to Intel ARK, it achieves that speed in Ubuntu Linux 15.10 which I dual boot, but only gets up to 2.54GHz or so under Windows. I don't care about the missing turbo speed, there's probably a good reason ASUS limits the CPU turbo.)

OPTIONAL: Download the BIOS update with version 202. Extract the file S550CBAS.202 to the top directory of a FAT32-formatted flash drive. Reboot your computer and enter UEFI Setup using the DEL key. Go to the option that says "Start Easy Flash". You'll enter a screen with a list like "FS0", "FS1", etc. on the left, and files on the right. Select the numbered "FS" item that has the S550CBAS.202 file, then press the right arrow key to move the cursor to the files list on the right. Select the S550CBAS.202 file, and press Enter. Please wait while your laptop installs the updated BIOS/UEFI. If you get an error message saying "too old", then you already have the latest BIOS installed.

segin, Feb 7, 2016
  7. segin Win User
    Addendum:

I've done some experimenting and found that the Intel power management subsystem is interpreting the thermal power management settings BACKWARDS.

Right-click your battery icon, and choose "Power Options"

For your selected power plan, choose "Change plan settings"

Select "Change advanced power settings".

Go to the section "Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Settings", and open the sub-heading "Config TDP Level":

Note that for each power scenario (plugged in, or on battery), there are two options: "17W @ 1.8GHz" and "10W @ 1.0GHz". The default is "17W @ 1.8GHz". This works on boot, but you'll notice your machine eventually cap the CPU at 1GHz. My previous solution of installing the ASUS driver was broken by a recent Windows update that wasn't solvable by uninstalling and reinstalling the driver. However, I discovered that the Intel Power Management framework was interpreting this option BACKWARDS after the system has been running for some time.

Set it to "10W @ 1.0GHz".

Have Task Manager open on the Performance tab, showing CPU speed. Press "Apply" on the advanced power settings dialog, and watch your CPU act like normal, that is, as soon as you press Apply and tell Power Management to start capping your CPU at 1GHz, it actually stops capping it and you get your normal CPU clock speed back.

You can leave this like this, but your machine will be somewhat slower during and right after boot, until the driver "breaks" and decides that it's Opposite World when it comes to obeying that setting.

Yeah, it's weird, it makes no sense, but that's what works for me.

segin, Mar 20, 2016
  8. Processor keeps capping at 0.99ghz

segin is absolutely on the ball!

i was experiencing the exact same problem with my intel core i3 3217u being capped at 1ghz. thank goodness for this thread and solutions!

it's weird that Win10 is interpreting the intel dynamic platform and thermal framework settings backwards. and that setting it as shown corrects the problem!

up load pictures

ShadowVlican, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Processor keeps capping at 0.99ghz

1. Processor keeps capping at 0.99ghz - Similar Threads - Processor keeps capping

2. Idle power management features on processor 0 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Idle power management features on processor 0 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware...: Hello, I appreciate any help, I'm reaching out for assistance with a persistent issue that's been plaguing my system. Randomly while in use, my computer crashes for apparently no reason, necessitating the removal of the power cable and its subsequent reconnection to restart....
  3. Idle power management features on processor 0 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Idle power management features on processor 0 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware...: Hello, I appreciate any help, I'm reaching out for assistance with a persistent issue that's been plaguing my system. Randomly while in use, my computer crashes for apparently no reason, necessitating the removal of the power cable and its subsequent reconnection to restart....
  4. Collaborative processor power controls on processor 2 in group 0 are disabled due to a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Collaborative processor power controls on processor 2 in group 0 are disabled due to a...: So I am using LENOVO L450And my pc freeze and I have to restart it again to make it working it happen after starting pc with 20 30 to 40 min I already reinstalled window 2 times currently I am using window 10 21h2 It happe even after reinstalling window And it show ERROR in...
  5. Collaborative processor power controls on processor 2 in group 0 are disabled due to a...

Collaborative processor power controls on processor 2 in group 0 are disabled due to a...: So I am using LENOVO L450And my pc freeze and I have to restart it again to make it working it happen after starting pc with 20 30 to 40 min I already reinstalled window 2 times currently I am using window 10 21h2 It happe even after reinstalling window And it show ERROR in...
  6. Collaborative processor power controls on processor 2 in group 0 are disabled due to a...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Maximum Processor Frequency in Power Options stays at "0"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Maximum Processor Frequency in Power Options stays at "0": My laptop is a Lenovo X1 Carbon G10. I am trying to stop the fans from coming on frequently and cool the laptop down altogether. I have already:Set system cooling to PassiveSet maximum processor state to 50%Enabled Maximum processor frequency - here I am running into a...
  8. Maximum Processor Frequency in Power Options stays at "0"

Maximum Processor Frequency in Power Options stays at "0": My laptop is a Lenovo X1 Carbon G10. I am trying to stop the fans from coming on frequently and cool the laptop down altogether. I have already:Set system cooling to PassiveSet maximum processor state to 50%Enabled Maximum processor frequency - here I am running into a...
  9. SSD keeps capping at 100% disk, and having a 0 R/W rate when doing nearly anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SSD keeps capping at 100% disk, and having a 0 R/W rate when doing nearly anything: [ATTACH] So my SSD, which I recently have moved to because of my other hard drive being too slow, is having issues. On several programs, my SSD locks up for nearly half a minute, becoming nearly completely unresposive; I haven't installed much, but it happens when doing...
  10. Text keeps switching to all caps without pressing Caps Lock

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Text keeps switching to all caps without pressing Caps Lock: Occasionally when I’m writing an email (Outlook desktop app), the text will turn all caps. When I press Caps Lock, the light will turn on but then everything will be lowercase. If I press Caps Lock again, the light will turn off but then the text I try to type will be all...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus capped 0.99ghz

2. kenapa cpu 0.99ghz