Windows 10: Processor nogo Win11 upgrade - Upgrade processor?

Discus and support Processor nogo Win11 upgrade - Upgrade processor? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro 21H1 I ran the MS Win11 hardware suitability tool. And my trusty, 3 year old Lenovo P50 failed--reason: processor. The machine's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by markg2, Jun 26, 2021.

1. markg2 Win User

Processor nogo Win11 upgrade - Upgrade processor?

Windows 10 Pro 21H1 I ran the MS Win11 hardware suitability tool. And my trusty, 3 year old Lenovo P50 failed--reason: processor. The machine's processor is: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz Just curious... is it reasonable that a newer processor might be plug compatible with the motherboard and with Win11? Mark

:)

markg2, Jun 26, 2021
  2. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Processor upgrade

The process is just as bobkn described.

To avoid problems with the flash, do the following:
    • Download the 3 files you need, and save them to an easy to find location - Desktop, etc. You will need BIOS version F32, BIOS version F50, and the EC FW update utility.
    • You will need a blank USB thumb drive (nothing on it). The thumb drive needs to be formatted FAT32 (the standard for most thumb drives), not NTFS.
    • Step one is to flash to BIOS F32, so copy the F32 BIOS file to the thumb drive. Only the file, not the entire folder if it comes zipped up.
    • Perform the Flash as directed in the instructions.
    • When the flash is done, don't forget to do the last step: "Load Optimized Defaults" .
    • Then Install the EC FW update utility. Always best to restart the PC after the installation.
    • Then delete the F32 BIOS from the flash drive and copy over the F50 Bios to it.
    • Then install the F50 BIOS.

And then you are ready to upgrade the processor.

Note: always a good idea, after installing the processor and entering BIOS to check it out, to Load Optimized Defaults again, then Save & Exit.
    Make any BIOS customizations after you have tested the system and Windows and all is good.

3. bobkn Win User
    Processor upgrade

Looking at the CPU compatibility list for the board, it requires F40 or later to support the 3600. B450 AORUS PRO WIFI (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE U.S.A. The latest version is F50.

What's your BIOS version?

If it's a suitable rev, I suggest clearing the CMOS afetr swapping processors.

Best of luck.

bobkn, Jun 26, 2021
  4. djbillyd Win User

Processor upgrade

I updated it this evening. Version :B20.0406.1 is what gigabyte gives.

djbillyd, Jun 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Processor nogo Win11 upgrade - Upgrade processor? - Similar Threads - Processor nogo Win11

2. New Motherboard and processor upgrade to Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Motherboard and processor upgrade to Win11: I have bought a new motherboard and processor in order to upgrade to Win 11. Will I be able to keep existing programs and settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-motherboard-and-processor-upgrade-to-win11/c22d9f62-2bf1-423b-8060-890f8e5c117e
  3. New Motherboard and processor upgrade to Win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Motherboard and processor upgrade to Win11: I have bought a new motherboard and processor in order to upgrade to Win 11. Will I be able to keep existing programs and settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-motherboard-and-processor-upgrade-to-win11/c22d9f62-2bf1-423b-8060-890f8e5c117e
  4. Can just the processor be upgraded

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can just the processor be upgraded: If processor not compatible for Windows 11, does it require a whole new mother board or can just the processor be upgraded? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-just-the-processor-be-upgraded/ca8b67d7-31e1-4e9a-8962-f41b948377b6
  5. Can just the processor be upgraded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can just the processor be upgraded: If processor not compatible for Windows 11, does it require a whole new mother board or can just the processor be upgraded? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-just-the-processor-be-upgraded/ca8b67d7-31e1-4e9a-8962-f41b948377b6
  6. Can just the processor be upgraded

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Win11 and compatible Processors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 and compatible Processors: I have an Intel i7-6700 3.40 GHz 4 core processor on my PC but windows health check says, this processor is not compatible with Win11.How can I confirm this?...
  8. Processor upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Processor upgrade: The board is a GIGABYTE B450 AORUS PRO WIFI (rev. 1.0) AM4 AMD B450 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 HDMI ATX AMD. There is 32 GB CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 288-Pin DDR4 memory. The SSD is MKNSSDPL1TB-D8 [Hard drive] (1000.20 GB) Replaced a AMD RYZEN 3 2200G Quad-Core 3.5 GHz with an AMD RYZEN...
  9. Best cheap processor upgrades?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best cheap processor upgrades?: Right now I have a Intel Core i7-2600 CPU 3.40 GHz, and would like to upgrade at a reasonably low price. Is there any better processors I should look into? submitted by /u/confusedredditor4404 [link] [comments]...
  10. Upgrading new processor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading new processor: Hello Forum. Its time for me to upgrade my processor AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor since the current one in my system is from 2008. It's almost a decade, and I'm quite happy with it, but now I need to upgrade it, since Im looking to do music recording, as I have...