Windows 10: Processor speed locked at 0.79Ghz with new windows update

Discus and support Processor speed locked at 0.79Ghz with new windows update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, this is such pathetic service from Microsoft that they release such unstable windows updates to the stable channel. Earlier on Saturday I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jagpreet SinghSasan, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Processor speed locked at 0.79Ghz with new windows update

Hi, this is such pathetic service from Microsoft that they release such unstable windows updates to the stable channel. Earlier on Saturday I was facing random reboots, today my games are running at 20fps... which generally run at 144+fps.
    Upon investigating, I found out that my CPU is locked at 0.79Ghz and directly jump to 4Ghz. It switches so frequently that games and work on such a laptop is becoming unbearable. I have tried reinstalling windows (complete format, not refresh or some other gimmicks). I dont understand the point of processor being locked to 0.79Ghz despite temperatures not even reaching 50 degree Celsius. On Saturday I even faced the issue that as soon as I connect my laptop to external monitor, my laptop screen goes black instead of turning off. I tried going extend mode and then switch to normal mode, but that didnt worked as well. Today I received a few more update patches from Windows and that is fixed but still a sound of unplugging a USB device come when laptop starts and the laptop display goes off (connected to external display).
    I would like to request Microsoft to just make a stable windows update and stop giving such unstable windows updates.

:)

Jagpreet SinghSasan, Aug 18, 2019
  2. SOHO1 Win User

speed of processor 1 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware !?

I am seeing several messages in the event log shortly after I boot (the adapter message appears earlier than the processor messages):

• A command sent to the adapter has timed out. The adapter did not respond.
    • The speed of processor 0 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware.
      The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.
    • The speed of processor 1 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware.
      The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.
    • The speed of processor 2 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware.
    • The speed of processor 3 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware.

What could be causing this? My firmware is up-to-date.

SOHO1, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Processor Speed

Hi everyone!

I am using an HP Notebook, with an Intel i3 5005U processor and 4Gb of RAM.

Can anyone help boost my processor speed? It's locked at 0.78GHz and does not go to 2GHz unless it goes over 60% utilisation. Any suggestions without damaging my laptop?

Please let me know what do to.

Jabezdu Preez, Aug 18, 2019
  4. qwertops Win User

Processor speed locked at 0.79Ghz with new windows update

"The speed of processor 0 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware." warning after windows 1709 update

After installing the major 1709 update I get the following warnings in my event viewer under event ID 37 every time windows boots up:

The speed of processor 0 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.

The speed of processor 1 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.

The speed of processor 2 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.

The speed of processor 3 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.

These events started right after I installed 1709 update so I am sure the update has something to do with it. I also noticed that sometimes the computer freezes up for a few seconds at the welcome screen (where the date and time is displayed). The other
    day GTA crashed and when I restarted it there were some in game glitches like black planes flickering. I then ran FIFA and it froze up for about 10 seconds but then worked fine.

My computer is an HP ay-102nm bought last month, with the latest drivers and BIOS installed.

What can I do to resolve this issue?

qwertops, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

Processor speed locked at 0.79Ghz with new windows update

1. Processor speed locked at 0.79Ghz with new windows update - Similar Threads - Processor speed locked

2. File copying speed fluctuates and hangs on 0%. Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File copying speed fluctuates and hangs on 0%. Windows 10: I have a HP xw8600 workstation with 2xE5440 processors, 32gb ram and 480GB SSD. It has been working fine up until the last week or so where it has started to run slow and do some weird things. It is used to edit and render graphics working off shared storage in an...
  3. Cant get processor speed to drop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cant get processor speed to drop: I have created a quiet system power profile since this laptop has a desktop 4Ghz processor the fans can get noisy! Anyway, I have it set to max processor 50% on battery and when plugged in. If I remove the power plug the processor frequency drops to 2Ghz as expected but when...
  4. Processor Speed and diagnostic test

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Processor Speed and diagnostic test: Hello. This is just a general question nothing is wrong with my computer. I am wanting to run diagnostic test and processor speed tests. What would be a good program for me to use to do this in general across all processors as I also help my friends with their laptop...
  5. stuck finishing updating windows 10 at 0% on new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    stuck finishing updating windows 10 at 0% on new laptop: stuck finishing updating windows 10 at 0% on new laptop.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/stuck-finishing-updating-windows-10-at-0-on-new/b1ffa523-b844-4972-89c3-ccd1707882fc
  6. New motherboard & Processor

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New motherboard & Processor: I have Windows 10 Home Anniversary update. I installed this OS by a free upgrade from Windows 7. I want to take the hard drive and put it in another tower that has a different motherboard, memory, and processor. What will I have to do to make sure the OS stays activated? 93672
  7. Suggestions for new word processor

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Suggestions for new word processor: I've been using Open Office on both my laptop where it runs perfectly and on my desktop where very common names such Haden, Cassidy etc. are red lined (well I see Haden got the old red line here too). Anyway, when I put a file with no red lining on my flash drive (from...
  8. speed of processor 1 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware !?

speed of processor 1 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware !?: I am seeing several messages in the event log shortly after I boot (the adapter message appears earlier than the processor messages): A command sent to the adapter has timed out. The adapter did not respond. The speed of processor 0 in group 0 is being limited by system...
  9. CPU Speed Locked

CPU Speed Locked: Hello all, I have had something really odd going on for a while now that I have never seen or heard of before. This started back when I was running Windows 8.1, so it isnt new to the Windows 10 installation. Every now and then my laptop will get really slow. When I look at...
  10. Upgrading new processor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading new processor: Hello Forum. Its time for me to upgrade my processor AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor since the current one in my system is from 2008. It's almost a decade, and I'm quite happy with it, but now I need to upgrade it, since Im looking to do music recording, as I have...