Windows 10: Processor Speed

Discus and support Processor Speed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ever since the last Windows 10 update, my processor has been working at or very near 100%. What is causing this and how do I correct the issue? Some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by p1042d, Mar 1, 2020.

1. p1042d Win User

Processor Speed

Ever since the last Windows 10 update, my processor has been working at or very near 100%. What is causing this and how do I correct the issue? Some of my programmes have become unstable and drop off. Processor Speed 407de0ae-239c-4030-900f-76af7d469e2c?upload=true.png Processor Speed 62ae2fa8-ce34-4160-952b-82041ad7b8c5?upload=true.png

:)

p1042d, Mar 1, 2020

2. Processor Speed

Hi everyone!

I am using an HP Notebook, with an Intel i3 5005U processor and 4Gb of RAM.

Can anyone help boost my processor speed? It's locked at 0.78GHz and does not go to 2GHz unless it goes over 60% utilisation. Any suggestions without damaging my laptop?

Please let me know what do to.

Jabezdu Preez, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 1, 2020
  4. twizack Win User

Processor Speed

processor speed on C5

Hi, the information mentioned all over the web about the processor speed is 600MHz but i checked it and it shows 192MHz. I even tried updating the firmware to 032.010 but still the processor speed shows only 192 MHZ.. Plz help. What can i do about this.

twizack, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

Processor Speed

1. Processor Speed - Similar Threads - Processor Speed

2. Processor speed shows less...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Processor speed shows less...: Hi There,I habe chipset of 12th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1230U capable upto 4.40 Ghz. But in laptop it shows less https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/processor-speed-shows-less/7eb0b856-b405-45f2-a2a2-71b4760098c8
  3. Processor speed shows less...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Processor speed shows less...: Hi There,I habe chipset of 12th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1230U capable upto 4.40 Ghz. But in laptop it shows less https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/processor-speed-shows-less/7eb0b856-b405-45f2-a2a2-71b4760098c8
  4. Right Processor, Right Speed; Still Not Windows 11 Ready

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Right Processor, Right Speed; Still Not Windows 11 Ready: Recently I acquired a HP EliteBook 850 G3. This is the only problem hindering a Windows 11 upgrade from the Windows 10 Home Edition 64-Bit it came with. The processor is IntelR CoreTM i7-6600U CPU @ 2.60GHz, which Microsoft lists as acceptable. However, the PC Health Check...
  5. Right Processor, Right Speed; Still Not Windows 11 Ready

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Processor, Right Speed; Still Not Windows 11 Ready: Recently I acquired a HP EliteBook 850 G3. This is the only problem hindering a Windows 11 upgrade from the Windows 10 Home Edition 64-Bit it came with. The processor is IntelR CoreTM i7-6600U CPU @ 2.60GHz, which Microsoft lists as acceptable. However, the PC Health Check...
  6. Right Processor, Right Speed; Still Not Windows 11 Ready

7. Will changing the number of processor in msconfig boosts up the speed of laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will changing the number of processor in msconfig boosts up the speed of laptop?: I was actually surfing the internet and found a video claiming changing the number of processors to four increases the speed and performance of a laptop. Is it actually true? Is it safe? And what actually does that mean to change the number of processor to 4? In my case, one...
  8. Will changing the number of processor in msconfig boosts up the speed of laptop?

Will changing the number of processor in msconfig boosts up the speed of laptop?: I was actually surfing the internet and found a video claiming changing the number of processors to four increases the speed and performance of a laptop. Is it actually true? Is it safe? And what actually does that mean to change the number of processor to 4? In my case, one...
  9. Will changing the number of processor in msconfig boosts up the speed of laptop?

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Processor speed non-stop at its boost speed when plugged in on idle, causing the laptop to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Processor speed non-stop at its boost speed when plugged in on idle, causing the laptop to...: Hello, recently when I plug in my laptop CPU goes to it's boost clock ~3.4GHz and laptop heats up to 95-100C which causes throttling, on idle nothing open.When it runs off battery CPU is at it's normal clock, and the temps are greatI have tried:Clean BootChanging power...