Windows 10: Processor throttling under load

Discus and support Processor throttling under load in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good Afternoon, Since installing the 20h2 update my CPU i7-8700k throttles down too 0.78ghz under load. This happens gradually, but is not linked to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by C.M.Simmo, Dec 3, 2020.

1. C.M.Simmo Win User

Processor throttling under load

Good Afternoon,

Since installing the 20h2 update my CPU i7-8700k throttles down too 0.78ghz under load. This happens gradually, but is not linked to the temperature as the chip us only hitting 31oC and is water-cooled, I've never had this issue before.

My CPU is OC'd to 5.0ghz across all cores and I have tried to force the chip not to clock down by changing the AVX offset to 0 in the BIOS.

Is there anything I can do to get around the issue or do I need to roll back my windows version?

Many thanks,

Chris

:)

C.M.Simmo, Dec 3, 2020
  2. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Processor upgrade

The process is just as bobkn described.

To avoid problems with the flash, do the following:
    • Download the 3 files you need, and save them to an easy to find location - Desktop, etc. You will need BIOS version F32, BIOS version F50, and the EC FW update utility.
    • You will need a blank USB thumb drive (nothing on it). The thumb drive needs to be formatted FAT32 (the standard for most thumb drives), not NTFS.
    • Step one is to flash to BIOS F32, so copy the F32 BIOS file to the thumb drive. Only the file, not the entire folder if it comes zipped up.
    • Perform the Flash as directed in the instructions.
    • When the flash is done, don't forget to do the last step: "Load Optimized Defaults" .
    • Then Install the EC FW update utility. Always best to restart the PC after the installation.
    • Then delete the F32 BIOS from the flash drive and copy over the F50 Bios to it.
    • Then install the F50 BIOS.

And then you are ready to upgrade the processor.

Note: always a good idea, after installing the processor and entering BIOS to check it out, to Load Optimized Defaults again, then Save & Exit.
    Make any BIOS customizations after you have tested the system and Windows and all is good.

3. DaShadoes Win User
    MSFS 2020 Throttle

I have the throttle quadrant and it all works fine except the throttle range is from 50% to full throttle only. It will not reduce past halfway.

The game controller calibration works correctly and it works correctly with FSX and X-PLANE.

Any suggestions?

DaShadoes, Dec 3, 2020
  4. Processor throttling under load

Windows 10 thermal throttling

After updating to windows 10 my laptop (Asus n550jv, i7 4700hq) behave very strangly. At the beginning everything works well and under load all 4 cores of processor can work on full load , temprature about 90 C. But after some time, maybe 1-2 hours strange
    thing happenes. Processos 100% throttles even when temprature is 66 C. Anyway to fix this ?

DmitriyParamoshkin, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

Processor throttling under load

1. Processor throttling under load - Similar Threads - Processor throttling under

2. Problem with the processor core load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with the processor core load: I have tried many different solutions on the Internet that could fix this problem, but in general, I don't even understand why this is happening. In the task manager, the Interrupts process loads the system, I think it's because of the acpi.sys driver, here are the delays it...
  3. Problem with the processor core load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with the processor core load: I have tried many different solutions on the Internet that could fix this problem, but in general, I don't even understand why this is happening. In the task manager, the Interrupts process loads the system, I think it's because of the acpi.sys driver, here are the delays it...
  4. Problem with the processor core load

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Processor isn't throttling at max clock...

Processor isn't throttling at max clock...: I have a old laptop, whos processors rated max clock frequency is 2.70 GHz. But under full load it stays at 2.40 GHz, and when idle, when there is more single threaded demand at max I have seen it go to 2.62 GHz 2.50 average. Right now I am on battery, but I did test with...
  6. Processor isn't throttling at max clock...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Processor isn't throttling at max clock...: I have a old laptop, whos processors rated max clock frequency is 2.70 GHz. But under full load it stays at 2.40 GHz, and when idle, when there is more single threaded demand at max I have seen it go to 2.62 GHz 2.50 average. Right now I am on battery, but I did test with...
  7. Abrupt increase in % Processor Time viewed under Processor Information in Performance...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Abrupt increase in % Processor Time viewed under Processor Information in Performance...: Hi, I need some dire help as this issue is happening regularly with my laptop, irrespective of the Windows 10 version. Sometimes once in a while, my PC gets totally slow, apps load very slower than usual, games load after 10x the normal time with a fraction of the normal FPS,...
  8. Abrupt increase in % Processor Time viewed under Processor Information in Performance...

Abrupt increase in % Processor Time viewed under Processor Information in Performance...: Hi, I need some dire help as this issue is happening regularly with my laptop, irrespective of the Windows 10 version. Sometimes once in a while, my PC gets totally slow, apps load very slower than usual, games load after 10x the normal time with a fraction of the normal FPS,...
  9. Freezing Under Load

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Freezing Under Load: Hello, I have a custom built windows 10 gaming pc. My pc is “freezing” under load. However, I am still able access the start menu. All drivers are up to date. Specs: OS: Windows 10 1909 MB: MSI B350 Tomahawk Ram: 16GB DDR4 CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600x (not overclocked) GPU: Nvidia...
  10. Windows 10-64 version 1903, HP Envy 13-aq0045cl Power Throttling under CPU Load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10-64 version 1903, HP Envy 13-aq0045cl Power Throttling under CPU Load: I would like to know how to disable "battery saving" CPU downclocking on my HP Envy 13-aq0045cl serial number 8CG9177Z3X with Win10 Home. Upon a fresh boot, this computer increases CPU clock speed when under load as is advertised by HP (my desired mode of operation), but...