Windows 10: ProcMon - how to monitor a specific file?

Discus and support ProcMon - how to monitor a specific file? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there a way to have ProcMon monitor what applications are accessing a specific file. I am aware of setting "Path"=. [pathname] However, I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tfwul, Mar 1, 2021.

1. tfwul Win User

ProcMon - how to monitor a specific file?

Is there a way to have ProcMon monitor what applications are accessing a specific file.

I am aware of setting "Path"=. [pathname]
    However, I don't know how to have ProcMon monitor a specific file within that folder,
    i.e. what applications are actively accessing that file.

Thanks.

:)

tfwul, Mar 1, 2021

2. Windows 10 search for a specific folder name and file name

Carlos: Thanks for your reply. What you suggest is what I have been doing. I search for folders with a specific name and get a list. Then I have to search each folder for a specific file. So it's a two step search and that's what I was trying to avoid.

I assume there are applications out there that allow for an "AND" search in Windows. I'll try that approach.

Thanks, again.

MarkMcDonough45, Mar 1, 2021
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 1, 2021
  4. ProcMon - how to monitor a specific file?

Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

ProcMon - how to monitor a specific file?

1. ProcMon - how to monitor a specific file? - Similar Threads - ProcMon monitor specific

2. How to "lock" specific applications to only open on a specific monitor, regardless of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to "lock" specific applications to only open on a specific monitor, regardless of...: Hi everyone,Title pretty much explains it all. I have two monitors, and I am wondering if there is a setting or parameter that will allow me to make certain applications only open on my second monitor. I feel like there is an easy way to do this that I am just completely...
  3. How to "lock" specific applications to only open on a specific monitor, regardless of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to "lock" specific applications to only open on a specific monitor, regardless of...: Hi everyone,Title pretty much explains it all. I have two monitors, and I am wondering if there is a setting or parameter that will allow me to make certain applications only open on my second monitor. I feel like there is an easy way to do this that I am just completely...
  4. How to "lock" specific applications to only open on a specific monitor, regardless of...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. specify specific virtual desktop to open on specific monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    specify specific virtual desktop to open on specific monitor: What I want to do is: I have setup 3 virtual desktops, and I have 3 monitors - my laptop, 1 viewsonic and 1 hanns monitors. So I want to have each desktop assigned to specific monitor always. When I switch to that desktop, it should automatically open on the assigned monitor....
  6. procmon and themida are not compatible, how do i fix it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    procmon and themida are not compatible, how do i fix it: when i run a app thats protected by themida, it says "a monitor program has been found running in your system" though I closed it, how can i fix it????...
  7. Set monitor for specific programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Set monitor for specific programs: I've bought a 2nd monitor today and I just cant figure out how to set a monitor for different programms. I want to play shooter on my main screen and racing games on my other. I think Windows needs to be able to set something like this. Or is there at least a programm that...
  8. How to set up procmon filters for explorer.exe hang diagnosis?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set up procmon filters for explorer.exe hang diagnosis?: So I have an awful issue thats plagued me for quite some time. It used to happen very very rarely usually when using some really old software related to ripping media or something. So infrequently that I chalked it up to said software and didnt think about it twice. That very...
  9. How to link a specific icon to a specific File type?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to link a specific icon to a specific File type?: What tools can be used for this purpose? (FileTypesMan, etc.) Currently there is one icon for the various File types associated with the app. Icons have been customized for each distinct file type for the app. (10 custom icons for each File Type) How to link the new icons...
  10. How to show login screen on a specific monitor?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to show login screen on a specific monitor?: I have three monitors. Currently, the login/sign in screen is on the far right monitor. How do I configure so that the login screen is on the far left monitor? 53914