Windows 10: Procrastination problems and my weird solution

Discus and support Procrastination problems and my weird solution in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; If you would know me, you would probably say that I am the most procrastinating person in the whole world. And I can't get stuff done because I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/derpboss10, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Procrastination problems and my weird solution

If you would know me, you would probably say that I am the most procrastinating person in the whole world. And I can't get stuff done because I procrastinate so much.

So here's the thing: I just can't make myself get off youtube or games or things like these. I can try, but at one point I am going to get bored and open those apps again. I can shut down my phone, but I might need to do things on my computer.

And so, I came up with a solution : create a program that I can use in order to restrict myself from using those specific apps for a set amount of time, and even if I want to lift the restriction, the program wouldn't let me. Not even as an admin, not by introducing a password or a code; I want to be completely restrained from using those apps so that there wouldn't exist any way I could access them before that amount of time passes.

Now, my only problem is this: I don't think I have the knowledge to create something like this, and I don't even know if there is possible to create such a program. Now please, tell me, if anything like this would work out, if there is any way to create such a program, I need to know.

Have a nice day!

submitted by /u/derpboss10
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/derpboss10, Mar 19, 2021

2. Procrastination is a growing problem

A study spanning over 10 years has figured out that procrastination is on the rise. The problems with this aren't very hard to figure out. If people are constantly distracting themselves from what needs to get done, then not only does the procrastinated project seem rushed and of poor quality, but procrastinators are making themselves fatter, more stressed, and poorer. The problems with procrastination aren't just on a personal scale. People who procrastinate on their taxes are estimated lose an estimated $400 a year. Professor Steel, who helped conduct the study, claims "That stupid game Minesweeper -- that probably has cost billions of dollars for the whole society." While some people would ask why people procrastinate in the first place, the real question should be "why not?", as distractions are as close as the start menu on most home and office computers. Over 26% of Americans admit to being chronic procrastinators.

Source: Courier News

zekrahminator, Mar 19, 2021
  3. Procrastination is a growing problem

They were procrastinating on the study of procrastination....haha....."never put off tomorrow what you can accomplish today!" one of my favorite sayings.

WarEagleAU, Mar 19, 2021
  4. cdawall Win User

Procrastination problems and my weird solution

Procrastination is a growing problem

really it took ten years to figure that out someone was procrastinating

cdawall, Mar 19, 2021
Thema:

Procrastination problems and my weird solution

1. Procrastination problems and my weird solution - Similar Threads - Procrastination problems weird

2. Weird problem . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird problem . . .: My name is, Dana. This is my problem I have a dual boot computer running Windows 10 and Windows 11 excuse my punctuation I'm speaking into a microphone and I don't really want to go back and correct it so do your best to read it I have a pin setup that I use for both Windows...
  3. Weird problem . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird problem . . .: My name is, Dana. This is my problem I have a dual boot computer running Windows 10 and Windows 11 excuse my punctuation I'm speaking into a microphone and I don't really want to go back and correct it so do your best to read it I have a pin setup that I use for both Windows...
  4. There is a weird problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    There is a weird problem: There is a weird problem in my computer. When I plugged my charger at my computer and I tried to open games like Valorant etc., I could not open game game gave errors about internet connection or there is a another example, I opened another game like offline game and I want...
  5. solution for problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    solution for problems: 1. I was using windows 10 build 1809 on my laptop along with windows 8.1. Last month windows 10 stopped booting. Now I am able to use only 8.1. The programs I installed in win 10 are working but win 10 is not showing up in the boot manager and not booting too. I tried to...
  6. Best solution for my WiFi problem?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Best solution for my WiFi problem?: So my ISP provided me with a bad router that has bad signal. The router sits in the living room, and that's pretty much the only place the WiFi signal is strong enough. When I go to the other rooms, which aren't too far, the signal drops to zero, i.e no internet. Maybe the...
  7. Weird text effects- solutions to repair

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird text effects- solutions to repair: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pike-n00b [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/few9yu/weird_text_effects_solutions_to_repair/
  8. weird problem?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    weird problem?: Hello. You can call me Ayman. My english isnt good, so i'm sorry for that. My pc is running Windows 10 Pro since 2 months, and its running smoothly till this day. without an obvious reason, the PC just became trash, after a while of the start up or even in a game the PC...
  9. SOLUTION FOR MY "SYSTEM VOLUME" PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SOLUTION FOR MY "SYSTEM VOLUME" PROBLEMS: My computer system volume suddenly stopped functioning.. it does not produce ny sounds again.. even the usual system sounds and video players and audio players does not produce any sounds again.. i have tried setting it from "hardware and sounds" section in control panel but...
  10. Start menu keeps going weird! Still no solution to my problem!

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu keeps going weird! Still no solution to my problem!: Hey guys I've literally asked on every forum i can think of about this problem and still haven't found a solution *Sad Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet Some screenshots of my problem! I've tried Run /sfc...