Windows 10: Product activation

Discus and support Product activation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I buy a laptop which come with windows 10 home single language but i want to upgrade it to windows 10 pro. I want to ask it possible to activate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SumitSingh9, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Product activation

I buy a laptop which come with windows 10 home single language but i want to upgrade it to windows 10 pro.

I want to ask it possible to activate window 10 pro same product key i use in home single laguagel????

:)

SumitSingh9, Dec 17, 2019

2. Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Dec 17, 2019
  3. Product ID

Hi Russell,

We appreciate the information you've provided regarding the product ID. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you do the following steps:

• Click on Start and type: Command Prompt.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey.
    • Press Enter. That should give you the product key to type in the activation.
    Get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Dec 17, 2019
  4. linhlz Win User

Product activation

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Product activation

1. Product activation - Similar Threads - Product activation

2. Can install and activate Windows 10 Pro using a Windows 7 Pro product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can install and activate Windows 10 Pro using a Windows 7 Pro product key: Hi, Hope someone can help, I have purchased a second-hand PC with and un-activated version of Windows 10 Home. I was given a code to use to activate it which is wrong, it is a server code. My old PC has a valid Windows 7 Pro licence key. I phoned Microsoft and was...
  3. Window 10 on a Mac - can't activate because product key was already used on another device...

Window 10 on a Mac - can't activate because product key was already used on another device...: I had to update Parallels on my Mac, and then reload Windows 10. I type in the Product Key from my purchase of Windows 10 and it says "We can't activate Windows on this device because the product key was already used on another device." And tells me to purchase it. I...
  4. Lost Windows product Activation key

Lost Windows product Activation key: Hi, I lost my Window 10 Profession Product key and the information I used to install it including my Hotmail email that I created. How can I recover it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-windows-product-activation-key/77fb36e5-f4f2-457a-93b2-087f00ea53ba
  5. Windows not activating with my valid product key after upgrading my PC

Windows not activating with my valid product key after upgrading my PC: I recently upgraded my motherboard, RAM and CPU but now I do not have a licensed Windows. I have a Windows product key and I deactivated it prior to upgrading but now when I used the code it still doesn't work. Note, this Windows product key came with a pre-built PC and I had...
  6. i cant activate windows product key

i cant activate windows product key: when i try to activate any windows product key it gives me this error code 0x803fa067 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-activate-windows-product-key/6a25a92f-3fef-45cb-8178-0c577ffd9e7d
  7. Windows 10 not activating after I bought a new product key.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 not activating after I bought a new product key.: I have been using the free version of windows 10 pro and just bought a product key for windows 10 home and it installed but says that it's not activated. I tried to change product key but when I did it said it didn't work and gave me an error code 0xc004f050. submitted by...
  8. activation/product key

activation/product key: hello, I had a problem with the harddisk of my pc.so,i had given my pc to a technician where he replaced my harddisk and also had installed a pirated version of windows 10 pro.Ihad legal version of windows 10 home before giving it to technician.now I am facing problems...
  9. Microsoft Activation Product Key lost after Factory Restart PC

Microsoft Activation Product Key lost after Factory Restart PC: Last Friday March 13, 2020 I received a message that I have to update my Window and so I did. When it began to restart to install the update, something went wrong and I was received an error message, saying that the installation process didn't go well and the PC began to...
  10. Digital Activation of the Wrong Product

Digital Activation of the Wrong Product: I recently bought an SSD upgrade for a laptop that came with Windows 10 Home edition. Using the original OS, I created an ISO and burned it to disc to install on the new drive, but once the installation was complete it activated the Home Single Language edition instead of...