Windows 10: product activation

Discus and support product activation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought my pc with pre-installed windows and now I am being ask to activate windows......how can I go about that?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jerome jay, Oct 29, 2020.

1. product activation

I bought my pc with pre-installed windows and now I am being ask to activate windows......how can I go about that?

:)

jerome jay, Oct 29, 2020

2. Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Oct 29, 2020
  3. linhlz Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, Oct 29, 2020
  4. product activation

Product ID

Hi Russell,

We appreciate the information you've provided regarding the product ID. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you do the following steps:

• Click on Start and type: Command Prompt.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey.
    • Press Enter. That should give you the product key to type in the activation.
    Get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

product activation

1. product activation - Similar Threads - product activation

2. Windows 11 Activation Key Error. Error: Product Not Found. I also get 0x8007000d error when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Activation Key Error. Error: Product Not Found. I also get 0x8007000d error when...: So I recently spoofed my hardware and then reset it, now. Running SFC /Scannow:Goes up to 100% then says Windows Resource Protection could not complete the requested action or whatever.Also in title says more. Please help....
  3. Windows 11 Activation Key Error. Error: Product Not Found. I also get 0x8007000d error when...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Activation Key Error. Error: Product Not Found. I also get 0x8007000d error when...: So I recently spoofed my hardware and then reset it, now. Running SFC /Scannow:Goes up to 100% then says Windows Resource Protection could not complete the requested action or whatever.Also in title says more. Please help....
  4. help me how to activate my product

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    help me how to activate my product: Windows 10 Activation errors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-me-how-to-activate-my-product/c44f6426-b00f-4f34-abc9-aca76e78981f
  5. help me how to activate my product

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help me how to activate my product: Windows 10 Activation errors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-me-how-to-activate-my-product/c44f6426-b00f-4f34-abc9-aca76e78981f
  6. help me how to activate my product

7. I have an unused not activated cd and product key for windows 10 home, version 1709. Can i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an unused not activated cd and product key for windows 10 home, version 1709. Can i...: I have an unused not activated cd and product key for windows 10 home, version 1709. Can i use this product key to download windows 11 to a new PC build?...
  8. I have an unused not activated cd and product key for windows 10 home, version 1709. Can i...

I have an unused not activated cd and product key for windows 10 home, version 1709. Can i...: I have an unused not activated cd and product key for windows 10 home, version 1709. Can i use this product key to download windows 11 to a new PC build?...
  9. I have an unused not activated cd and product key for windows 10 home, version 1709. Can i...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. If I buy a new product key for windows 7 enterprise can I still activate my version of windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I buy a new product key for windows 7 enterprise can I still activate my version of windows: A work computer is using win7 enterprise sp1 but the hard drive died and got replaced now it is asking for activation every 30 secs. There are a few place online still selling product keys for it. If I get one can I activate it? It may be a prior upgrade from xp. No we can't...