Windows 10: product deactivated

Discus and support product deactivated in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i purchased and installed the annual family office. it worked fine, a week later it says 'product deactivated'. i sign in with proper password and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DJ32020, Jun 22, 2020.

1. DJ32020 Win User

product deactivated

i purchased and installed the annual family office. it worked fine, a week later it says 'product deactivated'. i sign in with proper password and it says product now activated. i open a document and it says 'product deactivated'. Any ideas for the fix?

:)

DJ32020, Jun 22, 2020

2. deactivate windows product key

I finally got the issue resolved by a Microsoft tech support agent remote connect to me to give me the iso file after verifying the product key. Between that and the steps I took before being tossed around between Microsoft and HP it took around 2 hours
    or so to resolve the issue. It's a shame there's no simple way to get the license deactivated from the Microsoft site as well as be able to download the iso file for all support Windows versions. At one point I found a webpage on the Microsoft site that allowed
    me to type in the product key but since the site saw that the product key was associated with the HP laptop (which it originally was years ago) it wouldn't let me deactivate the license.

thinker101, Jun 22, 2020
  3. deactivate windows product key

How do I deactivate a Windows product key from another computer? All the answers I found refer to deactivating a product key on the same machine but I can't do that because the the machine was reinstalled with Linux without deactivating the product key.
    My case is specifically for Windows 7 but for the sake of the question if there's a method that works for all versions of Windows that be preferred.

Thanks.

P.S. for the topic category I said activate since I'm looking to deactivate the license so I can reactivate it.

thinker101, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

product deactivated

Uninstall Product Key and Deactivate Windows 10

Deactivating Windows will not remove it from Microsoft's activation server.

It just simply deactivates Windows on the PC itself. This would only be helpful if say you're giving or selling the computer to someone, and don't want it to be activated with your retail product key.

You would only need to either uninstall or deactivate Windows on any other PC that you plan on using the same retail product key (license) on a new PC.

Brink, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

product deactivated

1. product deactivated - Similar Threads - product deactivated

2. I forgot to deactivate my product key.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I forgot to deactivate my product key.: How do I activate windows now?I forgot to deactivate the product key on my old PC before transferring to a new PC .I have now erased the drive. I do not want to buy a new product key. I honestly don't know what to do other than purchasi.ng another product key.If you can...
  3. I forgot to deactivate my product key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot to deactivate my product key.: How do I activate windows now?I forgot to deactivate the product key on my old PC before transferring to a new PC .I have now erased the drive. I do not want to buy a new product key. I honestly don't know what to do other than purchasi.ng another product key.If you can...
  4. I forgot to deactivate my product key.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Intalling office 16 with product key on a new computer and deactivating on the old one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intalling office 16 with product key on a new computer and deactivating on the old one?: I have a product key for office 16 and it was installed on my old computer. I'm tring to install it on my new windows 11 computer, says it is already installed on another computer. How do I deactivate it on my old computer and add it to my new one?...
  6. Intalling office 16 with product key on a new computer and deactivating on the old one?

Intalling office 16 with product key on a new computer and deactivating on the old one?: I have a product key for office 16 and it was installed on my old computer. I'm tring to install it on my new windows 11 computer, says it is already installed on another computer. How do I deactivate it on my old computer and add it to my new one?...
  7. Microsoft Office 365 product deactivated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Office 365 product deactivated: I recently started seeing this notification in WORD documents: NOTIFICATION________________________________________________________I suppose this means that I will need to purchase a new version of Microsoft Office 365, right? If so, can I purchase the new version now? I...
  8. Microsoft Office 365 product deactivated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Office 365 product deactivated: I recently started seeing this notification in WORD documents: NOTIFICATION________________________________________________________I suppose this means that I will need to purchase a new version of Microsoft Office 365, right? If so, can I purchase the new version now? I...
  9. Microsoft Office 365 product deactivated

10. How to either deactivate OEM key on old motherboard or change current PC product key.

How to either deactivate OEM key on old motherboard or change current PC product key.: Hi everyone,I have recently been building a pc for a friend using old parts, including an old CPU and motherboard which I have replaced in my new computer. When I originally made the upgrade I tied my license key to my microsoft account, so I was able to use my old key with...