Windows 10: Product ID and Device ID

Discus and support Product ID and Device ID in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there,I am having two different physical machines from Dell, pre-loaded Windows 10. Both are license versions, activated using a Digital license... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Himanshu Rajput rajput11, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Product ID and Device ID

Hi there,I am having two different physical machines from Dell, pre-loaded Windows 10. Both are license versions, activated using a Digital license key.I want to know that is there any issue if both these machines are having the same Product ID or Device ID? Where this information is used basically?By the way, during one work-around I accidentally deleted the backup of the second machine and I ended up installing the backup of the first machine into the second one, which I guess reason for showing the same IDs in both the machines.The good thing is that when I connected the second computer to

:)

Himanshu Rajput rajput11, Sep 10, 2021

2. Product ID

Hi Russell,

We appreciate the information you've provided regarding the product ID. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you do the following steps:

• Click on Start and type: Command Prompt.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey.
    • Press Enter. That should give you the product key to type in the activation.
    Get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Sep 10, 2021
  3. Jan Del Win User
    how do I get machine id for activation purposes?

Hi Fred,

Machine ID also known as Product ID is being used to identify the device. We suggest following the steps below to get the product ID of your device:

• Type about your PC on the search box.
    • Look for the Product ID.

Product ID and Device ID 8259dd73-5f2e-40f9-8ef6-adf8e1d34a66.png

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Sep 10, 2021
  4. Product ID and Device ID

IDE Channel Problem?

Go to device manager.

Product ID and Device ID Capture539.png

• Change driver on IDE to "Standard IDE driver", for both channels.
    • Shutdown.
    • Disconnet (temporarily the CD and DVD devices)
    • Reboot.
    • After reboot, install Intel Chipset Utility for 865 chipset.
    • Is it working?

lemonadesoda, Sep 10, 2021
Thema:

Product ID and Device ID

1. Product ID and Device ID - Similar Threads - Product Device

2. Have my Product ID, deviced ID, and my device was linked to my MS account. How to activate...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Have my Product ID, deviced ID, and my device was linked to my MS account. How to activate...: I recently did a wipe on my PC after the PC couldn't boot. Format the drive, and installed windows 10 using USB boot. Now I found out I didn't have my product key. I have my ID. How can I activate back my windows? Previously I was in similar situation once, and I called a...
  3. Have my Product ID, deviced ID, and my device was linked to my MS account. How to activate...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have my Product ID, deviced ID, and my device was linked to my MS account. How to activate...: I recently did a wipe on my PC after the PC couldn't boot. Format the drive, and installed windows 10 using USB boot. Now I found out I didn't have my product key. I have my ID. How can I activate back my windows? Previously I was in similar situation once, and I called a...
  4. Have my Product ID, deviced ID, and my device was linked to my MS account. How to activate...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Someone is installing a Windows 10 version with same product number on all my devices. How...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Someone is installing a Windows 10 version with same product number on all my devices. How...: Someone is installing an unauthorized Windows 10 pro edition or the one that is like an administrators version. I have Windows 11 that came installed on my hp stream. I disconnected my internet and tried to recovery but it did not work . Even thought I installed a clean...
  6. Someone is installing a Windows 10 version with same product number on all my devices. How...

Someone is installing a Windows 10 version with same product number on all my devices. How...: Someone is installing an unauthorized Windows 10 pro edition or the one that is like an administrators version. I have Windows 11 that came installed on my hp stream. I disconnected my internet and tried to recovery but it did not work . Even thought I installed a clean...
  7. Someone is installing a Windows 10 version with same product number on all my devices. How...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Windows code says "Product key used on another device"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows code says "Product key used on another device": I tried to activate windows 11 Pro N using 11 Pro I dont know why i selected 11 pro N without knowing the difference when i installed windows on my new pc a few days ago then i was told i couldnt do that so i just did a clean install of windows. In the new install, the dark...
  9. Windows code says "Product key used on another device"

Windows code says "Product key used on another device": I tried to activate windows 11 Pro N using 11 Pro I dont know why i selected 11 pro N without knowing the difference when i installed windows on my new pc a few days ago then i was told i couldnt do that so i just did a clean install of windows. In the new install, the dark...
  10. Are product id and device id senzitive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are product id and device id senzitive?: So i wanted to share my specs to my friend and of course the product id and device id appear also there i sent him a photo and then i asked chat gpt if they are safe to show and it said that they are senzitive and can led hackers to acces your device and it really concerned...