Windows 10: Product ID number only 20 alphanumeric characters - valid program

Discus and support Product ID number only 20 alphanumeric characters - valid program in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Can Microsoft determine if my computer is running a valid Windows 10 program if I only have a product ID number of 20 alphanumeric characters not a 25... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by O'Connor, Sep 17, 2019.

1. O'Connor Win User

Product ID number only 20 alphanumeric characters - valid program

Can Microsoft determine if my computer is running a valid Windows 10 program if I only have a product ID number of 20 alphanumeric characters not a 25 alphanumeric Key number?

:)

O'Connor, Sep 17, 2019

2. Microsoft product key versus microsoft produt id

No

Product key is a 25 alphanumeric character code that look like this:

xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

This key is used to activate your microsoft product

The product id is use to identify your product like a serial number

Kevin Charland-Asselin, Sep 17, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Sep 17, 2019
  4. Product ID number only 20 alphanumeric characters - valid program

Having 20 character product key, but Windows setup asking 25 character product key

My friend upgraded his Windows 8.1 machine to Windows 10. The upgrade was successful. It got activated too. Now somehow his machine got screwed and we are doing reinstall from clean Windows 10 bootable USB. I have noted down the product key that was shown
    after upgrade in Windows 10. I have noted down Product ID show in window that appear when I do Win+X > System. But that product id is of 20 characters separated into 4 groups, each containing 5 characters. However when I booted Windows 10 setup from USB,
    it was asking 25 character long product key. How can I get this product key?

Or will it be auto activated once I install Windows 10 by skipping entering product key in the setup?

Mahesha999, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

Product ID number only 20 alphanumeric characters - valid program

1. Product ID number only 20 alphanumeric characters - valid program - Similar Threads - Product number alphanumeric

2. impossible to validate with a legitimate validation number

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    impossible to validate with a legitimate validation number: I have a similar problem as many users here. After a black screen I reinstalled windows 10. Originally my laptop came with windows 8.1 and a free upgrade to 10. After reinstall, a window asking for validation disappeared. I tried doing it at settings but the screen was...
  3. Monitor IDs/Numbers Confusion

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor IDs/Numbers Confusion: I have a Gigabyte Laptop with Intel HD Graphics. In addition to the built in display I have a TV attached via HDMI and a Dell U2913WM via VGA port. The Intel Graphics Properties Setting allows me to specify which is the primary display and this is set to Number 1. I have set...
  4. product number

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    product number: Hi, I do not have the Microsoft office product number, it got lost when they replaced my hard drive Are you able to help me reattain the product number, so that I can reinstall my Microsoft office suite? Regards Kevin...
  5. Windows Product ID to Windows product.

Windows Product ID to Windows product.: I have various Windows product ID's and corresponding product licence keys for our office PC's. How can I find out from the Product ID which is the correct windows to download?...
  6. product key valid?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    product key valid?: f I purchase Windows 7 how long is the product key valid? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-valid/8fab35f1-2e59-4602-b007-b12c0799488f"
  7. product key/id

product key/id: Is the product key different from the product id? I have a 25 character key for windows and on the profile page it says product id with a different number. Then on the right it says change product key. This confusing.to me. Could you please explain in case I have to...
  8. Is this phone number a valid Microsoft number?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Is this phone number a valid Microsoft number?: Please tell me if this number is a valid Microsoft phone number: 1-844-386-8965. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-this-phone-number-a-valid-microsoft-number/f0b7e4e8-5022-4d0d-a143-9817c924f677"
  9. Valid Programs/Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Valid Programs/Apps: Is"Your People" a valid program in Windows 10. An icon appeared in the bottom right hand corner of monitor. Says way to stay in contact with your friends....
  10. 25-character Product Key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    25-character Product Key: I just purchased a new HP and I went to install Office and can't find my 25-character Product Key. Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/25-character-product-key/3e52a880-6b02-4d1a-855a-04e61cd8ed56"