Windows 10: Product key after wiping

Discus and support Product key after wiping in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can i still use my product key that microsoft gave to activate window 10 ,after i wipe my hard-drive?...I was thinking about selling my computer......I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tray, Aug 29, 2015.

1. tray Win User

Product key after wiping

Can i still use my product key that microsoft gave to activate window 10 ,after i wipe my hard-drive?...I was thinking about selling my computer......I have already activate window 10 ,but i know after wiping the hard-drive,i would have to reinstall window 10

:)

2. Jett71 Win User

Product Key

Have lost windows on my laptop after all the harddrive was wiped. I have no product key to reinstall windows. How do I get this back?

Jett71, Aug 29, 2015
  3. Upgraded from WIN7 to WIN10, WIN10 not activating

the key is for your old PC, and it did not transfer wen u wiped your PC instead of "upgrading"

so they key might not be a transferable licence only and up gradable licence give Microsoft a call and tell them that "after advice from Microsoft tech support I wiped my drive and did a
    fresh install of Win10. Now the product key does not work"

#Alberto_Flores, Aug 29, 2015
  4. Product key after wiping

When your window 10 is fully activated you don`t need any key for a clean new install. The registration is stored on MS Activation Servers.

Cluster Head, Aug 29, 2015
  5. The current computer running Win10 is what is registered, NOT the hard drive. If you sell the current computer, move the hard drive to a new, or different, computer -- it will not reactivate because the hardware hash will be different. To reactivate on the new, or different computer, you would have to do the Upgrade all over again.

Mark Phelps, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Product key after wiping

1. Product key after wiping - Similar Threads - Product key wiping

2. Product Key gone after reset?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product Key gone after reset?: Hey, I was experiencing some problems with my laptop where my screen was frozen after start up and my cursor was the only thing moving. It stayed like that for a couple days and I just could not get it to past that. So I searched online for a video on what could be the...
  3. Product Key gone after reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product Key gone after reset?: Hey, I was experiencing some problems with my laptop where my screen was frozen after start up and my cursor was the only thing moving. It stayed like that for a couple days and I just could not get it to past that. So I searched online for a video on what could be the...
  4. Product Key gone after reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows product key after activation

Windows product key after activation: Hey,So I just installed windows 11 on a new device. On an old laptop I found a retail key so I got the code by typing "wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey" in the command prompt.I then proceeded to activate windows on the new device.Now, after the...
  6. lost product key after formatting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost product key after formatting: my friend gave me her asus vivobook windows 10pro and i need to format it after i format it the windows needs to be activated but i dont have the product key i tried to do the windows+x but different product key is showing what should i do?...
  7. lost product key after formatting

lost product key after formatting: my friend gave me her asus vivobook windows 10pro and i need to format it after i format it the windows needs to be activated but i dont have the product key i tried to do the windows+x but different product key is showing what should i do?...
  8. lost product key after formatting

9. I need to recover my product key after a laptop wipe. the device was purchased through...

I need to recover my product key after a laptop wipe. the device was purchased through...: Need to recover Product Key after device wipe. I have tried Support and been disconnected and cannot understand them on phone. The laptop was purchased through Amazon and I have Product ID but not Key. What does error code mean by "contact your organization"? Is Windows not...
  10. How to retrieve windows 10 product key after windows partition was wiped?

How to retrieve windows 10 product key after windows partition was wiped?: Hello, I had a windows 10 partition on my macbook pro but that partition was removed. I want to use that windows key on a new machine. On my Microsoft account it still recognizes it as an activated computer. How can I get this license key from Microsoft? Thanks!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wiping pc but i lost my product key