Windows 10: Product key/digital licence after factory resetting my laptop and need to turn off S mode

Discus and support Product key/digital licence after factory resetting my laptop and need to turn off S mode in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A few months ago I had issues with having to many files and not enough disk space on my laptop to do most things , so I decided to factory reset it and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GeorgiaHector, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Product key/digital licence after factory resetting my laptop and need to turn off S mode

A few months ago I had issues with having to many files and not enough disk space on my laptop to do most things , so I decided to factory reset it and it worked great, I could do what I needed to do on my laptop and everything was great, then a few weeks later I had an error message come up when I tried to open an app, it said some kind of file was missing, I factory reset my laptop again and everything was fine again, until a few days ago I updated my windows, and now it’s saying I can’t go on any of my apps because of “S mode” and I can’t turn off “S mode” because i clicked the writing that

:)

GeorgiaHector, Oct 13, 2021
  2. Try3 Win User

Win10 home in S mode version 1909 product key

In Settings, Update, Activation does it show you as being activated with a digital licence?

If so, you do not need a product key. You can just reinstall, skip the product key step and it will reactivate automatically when you next go online.

Denis

3. Digital license & product key details

• Hi, I'm running Windows 10 already and received an upgrade notification from Microsoft but can't install it because I don't have the Product Key or Digital Licence details

Dave Roberts 1052, Oct 13, 2021
  4. Ford12 Win User

Product key/digital licence after factory resetting my laptop and need to turn off S mode

digital licence or key

Hi

I just upgraded my windows 7 pro laptop and it says its activated with a digital licence.

I also have a physical licence key which I purchased from an authorised seller of refurbished machines because I am selling one of their refurbished machines and I am getting it ready for resale.

The key is for windows 10 pro for refurbished pcs which this one is.

It had windows 7 pro on it. And I am selling it with windows 10

Because its activated itself do I need to change the product key to what the label says?

Or can I just leave it as being digitally activated and stick the Key on the side of the case.

Or why do I need a key on the side of the case if its digitally activated successfully.

Thanks

Ford12, Oct 13, 2021
Thema:

Product key/digital licence after factory resetting my laptop and need to turn off S mode

1. Product key/digital licence after factory resetting my laptop and need to turn off S mode - Similar Threads - Product key digital

2. S Mode turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    S Mode turned off: I just got a Lenovo computer and signed out of S mode too quickly. My mom said that my computer will no longer update. That’s probably my biggest/only concern. Can I go to a store and get it rebooted or will my computer never update again? Besides security will my computer be...
  3. Laptop turned off during Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop turned off during Factory Reset: I wanted to reset my laptopDuring the resetting process the laptop ran out of battery and closed downI turned it on and now I have the message 'The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows...
  4. Laptop turned off during Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turned off during Factory Reset: I wanted to reset my laptopDuring the resetting process the laptop ran out of battery and closed downI turned it on and now I have the message 'The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows...
  5. Product key/digital licence after factory resetting my laptop and need to turn off S mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Product key/digital licence after factory resetting my laptop and need to turn off S mode: A few months ago I had issues with having to many files and not enough disk space on my laptop to do most things , so I decided to factory reset it and it worked great, I could do what I needed to do on my laptop and everything was great, then a few weeks later I had an error...
  6. Product key/digital licence after factory resetting my laptop and need to turn off S mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product key/digital licence after factory resetting my laptop and need to turn off S mode: A few months ago I had issues with having to many files and not enough disk space on my laptop to do most things , so I decided to factory reset it and it worked great, I could do what I needed to do on my laptop and everything was great, then a few weeks later I had an error...
  7. Trying to upgrade Digital Licence with Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Trying to upgrade Digital Licence with Product Key: Hi there, I'm having some trouble upgrading my version of windows 10 from home to pro. I purchased a product key in the sales to upgrade the OS, but I didn't realise my system had a digital license attached. The upgrade obviously fails as it's a product key and won't change...
  8. need help turning off s mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    need help turning off s mode: I turned off s mode to download games. Then there was an update and turned s mode back on. since then I tried to turn it off,but it keeps saying try later. any suggestions....
  9. Product Key & Digital Licence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Product Key & Digital Licence: Want to know what is the difference in having a product key of Window OS 'OR' having Digital License of the same. Invite the comments https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-digital-licence/6beeebcc-3c92-4891-9220-5d7910b99ab6
  10. Turn off S Mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Turn off S Mode: I am attempting to turn off S mode. I went to the Microsoft store and am on the page detailing turn off S mode, but there is no "get" button for me to hit. I need it off, I specifically bought this computer only for my scanner, which requires Windows. But- the Microsoft...