Windows 10: Product Key & Digital Licence

Discus and support Product Key & Digital Licence in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Want to know what is the difference in having a product key of Window OS 'OR' having Digital License of the same. Invite the comments... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rajeev Srivastava 007, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Product Key & Digital Licence

Want to know what is the difference in having a product key of Window OS 'OR' having Digital License of the same.

Invite the comments

:)

Rajeev Srivastava 007, Sep 10, 2019

2. Digital license & product key details

• Hi, I'm running Windows 10 already and received an upgrade notification from Microsoft but can't install it because I don't have the Product Key or Digital Licence details

Dave Roberts 1052, Sep 10, 2019
  3. surfing69 Win User
    ShowkeyPlus - generic licence product key?

I upgraded from win7 to win10.

I now want to move my system/installation to a new SSD drive. However whilst I have created a Windows 10 media installation disk i have been advised that i still need a licence key once Win10 installed on the new SSD.

They have suggested using the app ShowKeyPlus. when I ran it, it showed a licence key but there was an asterisk which pointed to a caveat

'generic key - requires a Digital Licence for activation'.

Can someone clarify this situation?

Thanks

surfing69, Sep 10, 2019
  4. neilpzz Win User

Product Key & Digital Licence

Product Key/ Digital Licence 13/8/18

As has probably been said before if you had a digital licence for Windows 10 Pro and haven't changed hardware (motherboard) then you should be able to activate again without the need to know a key.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/12440/windows-10-activation

You need to contact Microsoft help again and explain your case. Users here cannot activate for you only suggest methods to try out. (we don't work for MS)

neilpzz, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

Product Key & Digital Licence

1. Product Key & Digital Licence - Similar Threads - Product Key Digital

2. Digital licence

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Digital licence: I have been wanting to reinstall windows from scratch and get as clean a copy as possible for some time now and I been looking into it lately. I want to try and get rid if any ghosts partitions left behind such as my old windows 7 i can bring up on startup by clicking on F8 i...
  3. Trying to upgrade Digital Licence with Product Key

Trying to upgrade Digital Licence with Product Key: Hi there, I'm having some trouble upgrading my version of windows 10 from home to pro. I purchased a product key in the sales to upgrade the OS, but I didn't realise my system had a digital license attached. The upgrade obviously fails as it's a product key and won't change...
  4. Digital product key

Digital product key: I mgrated from [by force] from windows 8 to windows 10 sgle home language. I did not received a digital product licence key. I am experiencing some blue screen trouble. Where do I find my digital licence key or must I buy Windows 10 again after the migration?...
  5. digital product key

digital product key: downloaded free windows 10 home to a usb drive. notebook had win 7 on it. did a clean install. windows telling me it can't find a product key. device is registered to microsoft and is licensed to me...
  6. digital licence key

digital licence key: How do i find the licence key on my pc. it is an upgrade from windows 7 to w 10 I am signed in as admin & would like to know the key number for reference https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/digital-licence-key/cf6c69d1-5eb6-424b-93b8-67c10945a255
  7. digital licence or key

digital licence or key: Hi I just upgraded my windows 7 pro laptop and it says its activated with a digital licence. I also have a physical licence key which I purchased from an authorised seller of refurbished machines because I am selling one of their refurbished machines and I am getting it...
  8. Win10 digital licence key

Win10 digital licence key: Hi I am wondering my Old PC says that i am activated like this windows is activated with a digital license linked to your microsoft account and now i bought new PC and i want to transfer my licence and windows to new PC and old pc will not be used anymore....
  9. Digital Licence

Digital Licence: How can I transfer my digitally licensed windows to my son's account as it is synced with my account and I am no longer able to use windows I would very much like to transfer my license to his account can I do that ? is there a way? please help me...
  10. digital licence

digital licence: with digital licence can ı upgrade to pro ver. ı was using it but ı had to replace pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/digital-licence/d3061a81-7cab-4a1e-965c-ee6d2bee87dc"