Windows 10: Product Key for Digital Upgrade

Discus and support Product Key for Digital Upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Trying to activate Win 10 Pro (just upgraded from Win 10 Home) to create an admin account. MS says it's in the receipt, but then says elsewhere if it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JRonco, Feb 24, 2019.

1. JRonco Win User

Product Key for Digital Upgrade

Trying to activate Win 10 Pro (just upgraded from Win 10 Home) to create an admin account. MS says it's in the receipt, but then says elsewhere if it was a digital download, you don't need one and just click on that option. Sorry, not seeing an option to continue withot a product key. Please, anyone?

:)

JRonco, Feb 24, 2019
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Win10 Home to W10 Pro Upgrade Error using Product Key

The keys are there because 1. It is the product key you end up with when you gain a digital license for Windows 10 Pro through legitimate means and 2. When you do a clean install of Windows 10 (without adding an ei.cfg file), on a computer with a product key for Windows 10 Home stored in UEFI, you can use the generic product key to upgrade the Windows 10 Home that installs by default to Windows 10 Pro - but only if you have an existing digital license for that computer for Windows 10 Pro previously stored on Microsoft Activation Servers.

The reason the generic Windows10 Pro product key will not upgrade your Windows 10 Home to Pro is because you do not have a preexisting digital license for Pro for that computer stored on Microsoft activation servers.

NavyLCDR, Feb 24, 2019
  3. Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Product Key for Digital Upgrade

Cannot reinstall Windows 10 using Windows 8.1 product key even though I upgraded last year free from 8.1 to 10?

You do not need a product key to reinstall Windows 10 on an upgraded device. You have a digital license which will be activated online after installation. Skip the step that asks you to enter the product key.

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/12440/windows-10-activation

David Marshall, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Product Key for Digital Upgrade

1. Product Key for Digital Upgrade - Similar Threads - Product Key Digital

2. Windows License #/Digital Product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows License #/Digital Product key: Hello there,I have 2 different hard drives that have sentimental files on them I was asked by the owners to retrieve the files. However, both of them seem to require a windows update to be able to do anything with the files. I am only capable of accessing these drives by...
  3. Windows License #/Digital Product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows License #/Digital Product key: Hello there,I have 2 different hard drives that have sentimental files on them I was asked by the owners to retrieve the files. However, both of them seem to require a windows update to be able to do anything with the files. I am only capable of accessing these drives by...
  4. Trying to upgrade Digital Licence with Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Trying to upgrade Digital Licence with Product Key: Hi there, I'm having some trouble upgrading my version of windows 10 from home to pro. I purchased a product key in the sales to upgrade the OS, but I didn't realise my system had a digital license attached. The upgrade obviously fails as it's a product key and won't change...
  5. Product key? Or, digital license?

Product key? Or, digital license?: Dell Inspiron 3647. Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro free upgrade. No tech will be attempting a hard drive change. For reinstalling, I keep reading a 25 character product key. I have 20. It does specify Windows 10 is activated with a digital license. I know once I...
  6. Digital product key

Digital product key: I mgrated from [by force] from windows 8 to windows 10 sgle home language. I did not received a digital product licence key. I am experiencing some blue screen trouble. Where do I find my digital licence key or must I buy Windows 10 again after the migration?...
  7. digital product key

digital product key: downloaded free windows 10 home to a usb drive. notebook had win 7 on it. did a clean install. windows telling me it can't find a product key. device is registered to microsoft and is licensed to me...
  8. Selling Digital Product Key of Microsoft Product

Selling Digital Product Key of Microsoft Product: I am getting retail legit digital license keys of windows and office products at low price. I have seen lots of companies are selling such keys from their sites also. In case of my keys I am getting support from microsoft customer care also. Now my question is can I resale...
  9. digital product key retrive

digital product key retrive: I have purchased sony System Model SVF15A13SN with digital product key on 2013 year. Then after hard disk of the system is partly damaged . so I purchased new hard disk with 500gb. but I can't take back the digital product key. How can get it back...
  10. Product Key & Digital Licence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Product Key & Digital Licence: Want to know what is the difference in having a product key of Window OS 'OR' having Digital License of the same. Invite the comments https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-digital-licence/6beeebcc-3c92-4891-9220-5d7910b99ab6