Windows 10: Product key for Windows 10 Professional Purchased in Microsoft Store

Discus and support Product key for Windows 10 Professional Purchased in Microsoft Store in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; This is a company laptop.Initially it's running with Windows 10 Home not activated.Purchased Windows 10 Pro license through Microsoft Store Online &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by InfraMELL, Jun 10, 2021.

1. InfraMELL Win User

Product key for Windows 10 Professional Purchased in Microsoft Store

This is a company laptop.Initially it's running with Windows 10 Home not activated.Purchased Windows 10 Pro license through Microsoft Store Online & proceed with the online installation but failed. Restarted the laptop & found out the license indicates Windows 10 Enterprise not activated. Attempt the activation process including the troubleshoot method & it still fails.The other method of activating Windows is via the product key. The online help directed me to extract it from the 'Order History' but it's not there.This is what I see :- Where can I get the product key for

:)

InfraMELL, Jun 10, 2021

2. Using Windows 10 Professional Product key to Windows 8.1 Professional

You have to buy windows 8.1 Pro.

The Windows 10 key is only for Windows 10.

There is Downgrade Rights but you don't qualify for it as you bought Windows 10 Pro yourself and they only apply to OEM preinstalled Windows 10 OEM licenses (Dell, HP, etc)

Here is the information about Downgrade rights. It is an old Microsoft link which they removed but the information still apples>

Device Partner Center

Downgrade rights for Windows software
    The following OEM versions of Windows software are eligible for downgrade rights.

[table][tr][td]Windows 10 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 8.1 Pro
    • Windows 7 Professional
    [/td][td]Windows 8.1 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • Windows Vista Business
    [/td][td]Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate include downgrade rights to:
    • Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate
    • Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, or Windows XP x64 Edition
    Note Other OEM Windows 7 versions (for example, Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Home Premium) do not include downgrade rights.[/td][/tr][/table]

Note downgrade rights are only available as long as Microsoft provides support for that earlier version,
    as outlined in the
    Windows lifecycle fact sheet

Steps for an end user to downgrade Windows software

To downgrade eligible Windows software, end users must:

• Purchase a PC preinstalled with Windows software.
    • Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
    • Perform the downgrade process to the eligible downgrade product using the media/key from a genuine, previously licensed OEM or retail product.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Microsoft no longer sells any edition of Windows 8.1.

try amazon.com, etc.

Warning:

You do not buy a Product Key by itself, as they are normally stolen/pirated, Volume Licenses which are not for private use, or MSDN keys which are not to be sold by the original subscription holder.

Make sure that you buy the complete sealed package (DVD, license)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/howtotell/Shop.aspx

Read Section: Beware of Product Keys sold separately.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Bill Smithers, Jun 10, 2021
  3. No product key after Windows 10 purchase

Hi Chris,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• How did you upgrade to windows 10?
    • Have you done clean install?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • From where have you purchased the Windows 10?
    If you have purchased from online Microsoft store or any store I suggest you to contact them for the product key.

Please do let us know with more information, so that we can assist you better.

Karthicka_R, Jun 10, 2021
  4. Product key for Windows 10 Professional Purchased in Microsoft Store

Using Windows 10 Professional Product key to Windows 8.1 Professional

HI,

Due to some inconvenience while using Windows 10 Professional, I want to use Windows 8.1 Professional.

1. Can I use the Windows 10 Professional product key to activate & use Windows 8.1 Professional?

2. As I have already purchased Windows 10 Professional License, don't want to pay again for Windows 8.1 Professional.

Please Suggest...

Thanks..

VinayakParab, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

Product key for Windows 10 Professional Purchased in Microsoft Store

1. Product key for Windows 10 Professional Purchased in Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Product key Professional

2. Purchasing a Windows 10 Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchasing a Windows 10 Product Key: I am upgrading my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and i have downloaded the Windows 10 ISO and need to purchase a Windows 10 Product Key. Please tell me the process for purchasing the Product Key. I found a windows 10 pro key from a microsoft partner...
  3. Purchasing a Windows 10 Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Purchasing a Windows 10 Product Key: I am upgrading my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and i have downloaded the Windows 10 ISO and need to purchase a Windows 10 Product Key. Please tell me the process for purchasing the Product Key. I found a windows 10 pro key from a microsoft partner...
  4. Purchasing a Windows 10 Product Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. need help with Microsoft professional plus 10 and production key.

need help with Microsoft professional plus 10 and production key.: Hi, I am Raywattie. I accidentally deleted my Microsoft professional plus 10. I download a new one, but it keeps asking for a production key which I don't know, because it was already set up with my device when I bought it. while doing some research on the internet I found a...
  6. Purchase product from Microsoft Store - never received product key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchase product from Microsoft Store - never received product key.: 4 Feb 2022 I have purchased and pay £1400 for Micorosft Server 2022. Payment has been collected, I receive invoice, but never received Porduct Key. Fun start now ... I tried to find on microfost.com in my purhcase history information ... only thing I can browse to is to...
  7. Purchase product from Microsoft Store - never received product key.

Purchase product from Microsoft Store - never received product key.: 4 Feb 2022 I have purchased and pay £1400 for Micorosft Server 2022. Payment has been collected, I receive invoice, but never received Porduct Key. Fun start now ... I tried to find on microfost.com in my purhcase history information ... only thing I can browse to is to...
  8. Using Windows 10 Professional Product key to Windows 8.1 Professional

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Using Windows 10 Professional Product key to Windows 8.1 Professional: HI, Due to some inconvenience while using Windows 10 Professional, I want to use Windows 8.1 Professional. 1. Can I use the Windows 10 Professional product key to activate & use Windows 8.1 Professional? 2. As I have already purchased Windows 10 Professional License,...
  9. Find windows 10 professional product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Find windows 10 professional product key: Hi. I upgarded my laptop to Windows 10 professional after purchase. I am now upgrading hardware which will need re-installation of Windows 10 pro. I need to locate my product key. I cannot find the box which i bought fromw the store. What are my options? Thanks...
  10. Purchasing a product from the microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Purchasing a product from the microsoft store: I tried purchasing Microsoft Office 365 but it is not accepting Guam as the location address. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/purchasing-a-product-from-the-microsoft-store/72c8aea6-c559-4811-baa5-773d0bc6b092"