Windows 10: Product key from windows 7 doesn't work on Windows 10 restore

Discus and support Product key from windows 7 doesn't work on Windows 10 restore in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My computer was malfunctioning so I went to a computer repair store. They restored my laptop but it's now Windows 10. It was on Windows 7 before, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by VirginiaANg, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Product key from windows 7 doesn't work on Windows 10 restore

My computer was malfunctioning so I went to a computer repair store. They restored my laptop but it's now Windows 10. It was on Windows 7 before, I never upgraded it to 10 before. Now on Windows 10, it tells me that this version isn't activated yet. So I went to the Settings to Activate it, but when I clicked to Change product key and put in the product key number on a sticker that came with my laptop when I bought it for Windows 7, it won't recognize the key for Windows 10.

:)

VirginiaANg, Apr 9, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Apr 9, 2019
  3. jarek_565 Win User
    Windows 10 Education N, product key doesn`t work

hello

I download windows 10 Education N (polish) and I successfully installed it but the product key doesn`t work (0xc004f050)

what should I do with it?

jarek_565, Apr 9, 2019
  4. Product key from windows 7 doesn't work on Windows 10 restore

Activation of Windows 10 Pro doesn´t work

Hallo, i can´t activate my windows 10 Pro (free upgrade from windows 7);

Info: 0xC0EA000A

Manual activation doesn´t work either.

Important (i think): I had to re-install windows 10 (3 or even 4 times). because I had massive problems with "Start and Cortana Issues".

I hope, I don´t have to search the old product key.

PS. Yes, Windows 7 was genuine.

MichalMichalczyk, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

Product key from windows 7 doesn't work on Windows 10 restore

1. Product key from windows 7 doesn't work on Windows 10 restore - Similar Threads - Product key doesn't

2. My Windows product key doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows product key doesn't work: I had to factory reset my computer due to technical issues and now when I try to enter the product key to activate Windows it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-product-key-doesnt-work/4a3273cb-2212-481a-b9bd-7e09db46f86b
  3. My Windows product key doesn't work

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My Windows product key doesn't work: I had to factory reset my computer due to technical issues and now when I try to enter the product key to activate Windows it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-product-key-doesnt-work/4a3273cb-2212-481a-b9bd-7e09db46f86b
  4. My Windows product key doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 DVD Product Key "This Product Key Doesn't Work"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 DVD Product Key "This Product Key Doesn't Work": I recently purchased a Windows 10 Home DVD from an Authorized Dealer. I am installing onto a new system. The product Key was covered by the scratch off decal when purchased. The scratch off was intact when purchased and until I unpackaged the disk for install this morning....
  6. Windows 10 DVD Product Key "This Product Key Doesn't Work"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 DVD Product Key "This Product Key Doesn't Work": I recently purchased a Windows 10 Home DVD from an Authorized Dealer. I am installing onto a new system. The product Key was covered by the scratch off decal when purchased. The scratch off was intact when purchased and until I unpackaged the disk for install this morning....
  7. Windows 10 DVD Product Key "This Product Key Doesn't Work"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Product Key doesn't work?

Product Key doesn't work?: I recently purchased Windows 10 Home but when I try to change product key, it says: "The product key you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different one. 0xc004f050" The edition shown at the top of the activation screen says Windows...
  9. Windows 10 Home Product Key Doesn't work

Windows 10 Home Product Key Doesn't work: i just bought bought a new windows home product key, i put the code in the windows activation and i find out it doesn't work? with this error message: The product key you have entered didn't work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different one. (0xc0020036). I...
  10. Windows 7 to 10 product keys

Windows 7 to 10 product keys: Hi, I previously had a Windows 7 Home Premium which came pre installed on my laptop. Over the years, since, I've taken advantage of the free win 10 upgrade when it was available, and I upgraded my laptop. Everything has been great until recently, when due to some software...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 7 key didnt work on windows 10