Windows 10: Product key hard disc replaced

Discus and support Product key hard disc replaced in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I purchased laptop with pre installed windows 10, my hard disc was crashed I replaced with new one. How to get my product key by using my pc device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ssk 2021, Mar 4, 2021.

1. ssk 2021 Win User

Product key hard disc replaced

I purchased laptop with pre installed windows 10, my hard disc was crashed I replaced with new one. How to get my product key by using my pc device information ?

:)

ssk 2021, Mar 4, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Product key is rejected when installing Windows 10 after replacing the hard drive

"And the PC has UEFI so I guess USB is out" -
    this is not true:

If you have problems booting from a boot disc, you may have UEFI BIOS, go into your BIOS and make the following changes:

• Insert the Bootable Media
    • Disable Secure Boot
    • Enable Legacy Boot
    • If Available enable CSM
    • If Required enable USB Boot
    • Move the device with the bootable disc to the top of the boot order
    • Save BIOS changes and restart your System

You cannot skip the step to provide a product key when doing an in-place upgrade to Windows 10 from inside Windows 7 - you need to boot your system from the installation media and perform a clean install of Windows 10 (this will allow you to skip the steps)

DaveM121, Mar 4, 2021
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Replacing the hard disk

Hi,

If you are replacing the hard disk, you can still reinstall Windows 10 by performing a direct clean install using the media creation tool.

For more information on how to perform a clean install. Refer to the Use installation media to reinstall Windows 10
    section on this article.

Note: Performing a clean install will remove all your personal files, drivers you installed, apps, customizations from your PC manufacturer, and changes you made to settings so we suggest that you back up all your important
    and personal files.

While performing a clean install, your product key should automatically retrieved from the system but, in case you are still prompted for a product key during the installation, get the product key in advance (before doing a clean install) by following the
    steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type Command Prompt.
    • In the list of results, right-click on Command Prompt and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Enter the administrator credentials if prompted.
    • In Command Prompt window, type this command:

wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    • Press Enter.
    • The product key will be revealed. Copy or write it on a paper.

Also, we recommend contacting the device manufacturer for more information if your SSD is compatible with your laptop.

Merry Christmas and feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Arjay Dom, Mar 4, 2021
  4. Product key hard disc replaced

"No bootable device" message after failed hard disc replacement

I am attempting to get my wife's Dell Inspiron 660 back in service after a hard disc failure. A 3TB Barracuda SATA drive was purchased and installed in place of the failed 1TB. The disc is recognized by the BIOS as is the optical drive. However, the Windows
    10 iso disc which was burned is not being read. I also tried a couple of Linux liveCD's which have worked on other computers, and they are not being read. Pre-boot assessment software was run and no errors were reported for either the replacement hard disc
    or the optical drive. The bootpath reported by the pre-boot software is to the MBR of the hard disc, which doesn't exist since it neither formatted or blessed with an operating system. I've reset the BIOS and CMOS to the default state without changing the
    behavior. Any suggestions on getting this machine working again will be appreciated.

EasilyConfusedbyNotLinux, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

Product key hard disc replaced

1. Product key hard disc replaced - Similar Threads - Product key hard

2. Hard drive replacement & key code questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive replacement & key code questions: I have an old computer that I need to replace the hard drive on. It came with windows 8 and was upgraded to windows 10 for free somewhere along the way. I do not have an activation key or any way to access that information on this computer because I can’t get back to the...
  3. Hard drive replacement & key code questions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive replacement & key code questions: I have an old computer that I need to replace the hard drive on. It came with windows 8 and was upgraded to windows 10 for free somewhere along the way. I do not have an activation key or any way to access that information on this computer because I can’t get back to the...
  4. Hard drive replacement & key code questions

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. "No bootable device" message after failed hard disc replacement

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "No bootable device" message after failed hard disc replacement: I am attempting to get my wife's Dell Inspiron 660 back in service after a hard disc failure. A 3TB Barracuda SATA drive was purchased and installed in place of the failed 1TB. The disc is recognized by the BIOS as is the optical drive. However, the Windows 10 iso disc which...
  6. hard disc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard disc: i bought a windows 10 machine and hadon C:Drive 117 gb of hard drive, i also have an extra on new Volume of E:Drive 1.36 TB my Question is i am running out on my C:Drive, HOW DO I GET TO USE THE E:Drive which holds 1.36 TB. i can not get to it as it will not let me get in...
  7. How do I replace a product key for the same product ordered?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I replace a product key for the same product ordered?: I bought Microsoft for Windows 10 for my daughter.via a third party (enaba.com). I entered the product key when requested...only afterwards realised that she was signed in her Windows Store login so wouldn't match up with the product key in my account. I think this is the...
  8. Hard disc drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard disc drive: how do I access this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disc-drive/c22b4328-29eb-4520-8d3c-b63f5b5a27e7"
  9. replaced the hard disk, and forgot the windows key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    replaced the hard disk, and forgot the windows key: Hi all, I had purchased a Sony's laptop few years back with Windows 8. then it got upgraded to 8.1. with the release of Windows 10, I accepted a free upgrade offer. Recently my hard disk had crashed due to which I had to replace it. My motherboard had not been changed but I...
  10. Have to replace hard drive will I need the product key to reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Have to replace hard drive will I need the product key to reinstall: I had my computer for 3 years now and the hard drive went bad I don't have the product key will I need to buy one or is there some way of recovering it.Found out the hard drive went bad after I was doing a factory reset and it said it encountered a error and it never worked...