Windows 10: product key/id

Discus and support product key/id in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is the product key different from the product id? I have a 25 character key for windows and on the profile page it says product id with a different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by maranna, Feb 11, 2019.

1. maranna Win User

product key/id

Is the product key different from the product id?
    I have a 25 character key for windows and on the profile page it says product id with a different number. Then on the right it says change product key. This confusing.to me. Could you please explain in case I have to reinstall.

:)

maranna, Feb 11, 2019

2. Product ID

Hi Russell,

We appreciate the information you've provided regarding the product ID. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you do the following steps:

• Click on Start and type: Command Prompt.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey.
    • Press Enter. That should give you the product key to type in the activation.
    Get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Feb 11, 2019
  3. i know the product id but forget the product key

Hello,

There is still a way to search for your product key. Kindly follow the steps below for you to know your product key:

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (admin)
    • Enter the following command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    • Then hit Enter
    The product key will be revealed, copy the product key then enter it.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Superfly Win User

product key/id

Product Key

Keys are not required for the upgrade process. Windows 10 has a built-in generic key which it uses to install - it acquires the underlying Win7/Win8 activation during the upgrade process and assigns your device ID as a valid Windows 10 activated device. Subsequent installs will thus activate using your device ID. You will not require a key - should you be prompted, select "skip". Activation is automatic thereafter.

See step 6 here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html

product key/id [​IMG]

Superfly, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

product key/id

1. product key/id - Similar Threads - product key

2. Windows 10 product key not work

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 product key not work: I am trying to enter my windows 10 product key to activate it, but its dose not work. It was work before on the same system but I change the mother board and cpu. please help me to solve this issue. Thanks...
  3. Windows 10 product key

Windows 10 product key: Hii there. I have Windows 10 Home Single Language installed in my Laptop and before in settings it was displaying that Windows 10 is activated with your account linked .. and now it says no product key found. Please help me regarding the same Thank you...
  4. how to check if iam using an original windows 10 product key?

how to check if iam using an original windows 10 product key?: hey. how to check the originality of win10 product key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-check-if-iam-using-an-original-windows-10/79d18da3-c6af-423c-92e0-16d3cdec0b61"
  5. Wiping and reinstalling Windows 10 Pro without any product key details

Wiping and reinstalling Windows 10 Pro without any product key details: Hi all, I am an unpaid director of a non profit organisation called Wyldwoods (offers classes and respite to kids and adults with learning difficulties in the UK) and they have a laptop on site for them to use. Unfortunatly the carers on the site haven't been monitoring...
  6. windows 10 home activation product key

windows 10 home activation product key: I purchased a windows 10 laptop witha pre-installed lincense for use, and after 3months, its requesting for an activation and i click on activation, it isn"t working and i don't havea product key to activate the windows myself. Thanks in anticipation for your response....
  7. windows 10 Pro product Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 Pro product Key: My computer already has windows 10 pro installed and I m now getting a message saying my license will expire and to enter product key which I don t have. How can I solve this....
  8. Product Key

Product Key: Hi Kindly advise me solving this issue which cost me a lot of time effort & money. 1 year ago I purchased a new laptop (Lenovo Idea pad Series 5) suddenly I start to receive blue screen, I tried to fix it but I couldn’t so I send it to a local tech store and they said the...
  9. Changing Windows product key

Changing Windows product key: When ever I try to change my windows product key, it comes up and says "The product key you entered didn't work. check the product key and try again, or enter a different one. (0xc004f050)" I don't know what else to do, I've tried trouble shooting but its nothing happens....
  10. window 10 pro free product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    window 10 pro free product key: May I please get a window 10 pro product key for my pc .I am broke please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-pro-free-product-key/0e96ea1f-afe9-4752-b775-1f1c892fc668