Windows 10: product key illegable

Discus and support product key illegable in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; can not read all of product on back of my laptop. what now?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Weanuts, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Weanuts Win User

product key illegable

can not read all of product on back of my laptop. what now?

:)

Weanuts, Apr 21, 2020

2. Product Key illegible, Toshiba laptop

Just some thoughts.

Are any of these letters and numerals legible ???

You could try a magnifying glass whilst highlighting the sticker with a LED torch.

Place the torch light at different angles around the sticker.

Do the same with the magnifying glass.

Try all angles.

There have been times that i have managed to retrieve the Product Key using this method.

By the way when you say it wont boot what is actually happening ???

Does it show anything at all on the screen when trying to boot.

• Have you tried to get it into Safe Mode using the F8 Key. ( You might be able to do a restore or recovery from there ).
    • Try entering the BIOS using the DELETE Key.
    • To enter Safe Mode and or the BIOS repetitively tap the Keys that i have mentioned at one second intervals whilst starting the laptop.

( As the laptop is 10 years old i wonder if the BIOS / CMOS 3Volt Button Cell Battery is still functioning, which i doubt )

When this 3 volt button cell dies the computer will be unable to remember its hardware settings but this usually promotes a on screen error relating to BIOS and Date / Time Settings at boot.

The below link supplied lists what the F Keys ( function keys ) do.

Though some of these may not correspond to your Toshiba Laptop as we don`t know the Model Number.

F8 Key – Guide for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8

Frank N St31n, Apr 21, 2020
  3. AndreTen Win User
    Where is my Product Key if I want to re-install?

Like davidhk said. But if you really want to see your windows key, I would suggest Belarc advisor. It will give you some useful information about your system, product keys of your software is among them (not only Microsoft, you will have listed most of your keys).

AndreTen, Apr 21, 2020
  4. Sher Amo Win User

product key illegable

Product key

Hi Megan,

A product key is used when activating a software.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• What product are you trying to activate?
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Office application?
    • Which version of Office are you trying to activate? To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this
      link.
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Windows?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

product key illegable

1. product key illegable - Similar Threads - product key illegable

2. Apologies for the illegal use of products

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Apologies for the illegal use of products: Hello . I am Ali Amani and I am 29 years old and I am from Iran and I have been using your products since I was a child. In the past, it was not possible for us to buy your products legally. I did not understand the concept of cracking and its illegality. Since I was a child...
  3. Apologies for the illegal use of products

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apologies for the illegal use of products: Hello . I am Ali Amani and I am 29 years old and I am from Iran and I have been using your products since I was a child. In the past, it was not possible for us to buy your products legally. I did not understand the concept of cracking and its illegality. Since I was a child...
  4. Apologies for the illegal use of products

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft products illegally used cracked

Microsoft products illegally used cracked: Literally all over the subcontinent, pakistan, india, etc, all products of microsoft i.e. windows, office are used illegally cracked. Why doesn't Microsoft take any step to stop this? This is so normal here in Pakistan. Literally all businesses run over cracked softwares...
  6. Microsoft products illegally used cracked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft products illegally used cracked: Literally all over the subcontinent, pakistan, india, etc, all products of microsoft i.e. windows, office are used illegally cracked. Why doesn't Microsoft take any step to stop this? This is so normal here in Pakistan. Literally all businesses run over cracked softwares...
  7. Is MSDN product key illegal?

Is MSDN product key illegal?: Hello,Is MSDN product key which came with a workstation illegal? There are many workstations at office that came with Windows product key and it works normal. I have been told that you can't use it in a production environment at office, you need to buy a new product key for...
  8. Illegal microsoft products

Illegal microsoft products: Hi, I am an Asian. I was very poor that I didn't have money to buy Microsoft products yet I was eager to try using Microsoft products until I got involved with using illegal license. But, I worked hard everyday hoping that one day I am able to purchase legal Microsoft...
  9. trusted admin illegal use, product key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    trusted admin illegal use, product key: i received a dell computer as a gift with microsoft pro 10 i believe that person left himself as trusted admin and i saw my files wiped, isnt this illegal? what do i do? how do i find my product key to get into outlook?...
  10. Is downloading Win10 and not using a product key illegal?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is downloading Win10 and not using a product key illegal?: Title says it all. I can download the ISO image from the Microsoft website and use it on my computer. It will ask me for a product key, but will allow me to skip it and use Win10 regularly, with some personalization restrictions. Microsoft won't be happy either, if they...