Windows 10: product key in bios dell computer is not recognized by bitlocker computer locked up how to...

Discus and support product key in bios dell computer is not recognized by bitlocker computer locked up how to... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hit the on button of previously normal functioning dell computer. The automatic repair doesn't work and the bitlock security has disabled the machine.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by thomasgerigk, Apr 16, 2021.

1. product key in bios dell computer is not recognized by bitlocker computer locked up how to...

Hit the on button of previously normal functioning dell computer. The automatic repair doesn't work and the bitlock security has disabled the machine. I had previously written down the codes from the bios section and the security incryption does not recognize or even permit me to enter the codes. computer is locked. What to do ???

:)

thomasgerigk, Apr 16, 2021

2. Product key not recognized

I want to thank everyone for taking the time to respond to my query. I have to say some of the suggestions assume a tech capability beyond me.

I think I will find the original receipt, go back to the shop, and ask them for the Product Key, then try again. I suspect it was an unauthorized copy. Maybe that will work.

George D E, Apr 16, 2021
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Can't locate the bitlocker key

Hi Chris,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft community forums.

I understand that it can be difficult when your own computer is inaccessible due to some changes that could have happened. However, let's try a few troubleshooting steps and see if we can access the drive.

• Are you aware of any changes that happened on the computer prior to this issue?
    • Did you setup a BitLocker on your device before?

If you’ve not setup the BitLocker and it’s still prompting for the key, you may try to locate the BitLocker key on your Microsoft account, which will help you access the drive. Refer

Find my BitLocker recovery key
    to know how to find the BitLocker recovery key.

If no recovery key is found, you may enable the secure boot setting from BIOS and check if you can access the drive. Follow the steps listed below to enable
    secure boot.

• Power off the device and then power it on.
    • Look for a message on the boot screen just before or after the manufacturer logo appears. You may need to press the
      ‘F1’,’F2’, or
      ‘Delete’
      button, whatever key is indicated on the boot screen to enter BIOS Settings.
    • Within BIOS, choose the tab ‘BOOT’.
    Note:
    Depending on the BIOS manufacturer this page could be
    BOOT, ADVANCED, STARTUP etc.

• Look for a setting called
      ‘UEFI Secure Boot’
      and toggle the Secure Boot setting to
      ‘Enabled’.

Note:
    Each BIOS could have a different name for
    UEFI Secure Boot.
    These are the keywords to look for:
    ‘UEFI’, ‘Secure Boot’,‘Legacy Boot’.

• Restart the machine now to see if you can access the drive.

Note:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the
    configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

If you still can’t access the drive, I suggest you to post your query in the

TechNet forums
    . Our support professionals, equipped with knowledge on BitLocker, will help you further.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Apr 16, 2021
  4. product key in bios dell computer is not recognized by bitlocker computer locked up how to...

Bitlocker Recovery Keys keeps appearing

I tried to restart my laptop yesterday ......Dell 15 inch ..........purchased 27 October 2017.

I received a message that I needed to enter some BITLOCK recovery keys.

After about a half hour of searching on the web I found the recovery keys for my laptop.

I entered the keys, restarted the computer and life was good.

But now, every time I restart the computer I have to reenter the keys....there are 8 sets of 6 keys, quite annoying.

I can't restart the computer without having to reenter the keys.....3X so far.

Then,,,,,,,,,the last time I restarted it I received another message that the power cord was not recognized by the computer. But I entered restart anyhow and then I got the keys .

I updated the MSFT update last week or whenever the new update was released but I did not have any problems with it last week etc.......

I did a search and did not see anything on this forum about BITLOCK.

Is this a new issue?

Any suggestions?

Thanks, from Dallas

RaymondWindoz10, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

product key in bios dell computer is not recognized by bitlocker computer locked up how to...

1. product key in bios dell computer is not recognized by bitlocker computer locked up how to... - Similar Threads - product key bios

2. Bitlocker locked up my new used computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker locked up my new used computer: Bitlocker locked up my new used computer. I dont have bitlocker now I cant use recovery on my new computer because bit locker is assign to previous local administrator . How do I reinstall my windows 11 with this ugly blue prison screen. Disable it on my account and assign my...
  3. Bitlocker locked up my new used computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker locked up my new used computer: Bitlocker locked up my new used computer. I dont have bitlocker now I cant use recovery on my new computer because bit locker is assign to previous local administrator . How do I reinstall my windows 11 with this ugly blue prison screen. Disable it on my account and assign my...
  4. Computer locks up or freezes after bios update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer locks up or freezes after bios update: The bios was out of date on my Gigabyte z490 UD AC, it was working fairly well with the F5 bios version. and after successfully flashing it within bios with the newer F21 bios I am getting very consistent crashing during gaming sessions. Not sure if its a heating thing, or a...
  5. Computer locks up or freezes after bios update

Computer locks up or freezes after bios update: The bios was out of date on my Gigabyte z490 UD AC, it was working fairly well with the F5 bios version. and after successfully flashing it within bios with the newer F21 bios I am getting very consistent crashing during gaming sessions. Not sure if its a heating thing, or a...
  6. Bitlocker frequently locking computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker frequently locking computers: We have a group of older computers about 30 in total that get locked by BitLocker every few weeks. We are not sure why this might be. There seems to be some kind of relationship with Windows Update but that could be a coincidence but it surely can't be correct that they lock...
  7. Bitlocker frequently locking computers

Bitlocker frequently locking computers: We have a group of older computers about 30 in total that get locked by BitLocker every few weeks. We are not sure why this might be. There seems to be some kind of relationship with Windows Update but that could be a coincidence but it surely can't be correct that they lock...
  8. Bitlocker frequently locking computers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. DELL laptop locked out of computer because of bitlocker

DELL laptop locked out of computer because of bitlocker: My DELL laptop is in start up repair, and requires a recovery key to get passed the screen. Geek Squad told me that it is locked by bit locker and there's no way to get past it without putting in the recovery key. I've only had the laptop for about a month only and it has...
  10. computer locked up

computer locked up: my computer has locked up by a fake support scam. How do I unlock my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/computer-locked-up/36a3d5ec-9e19-4ea4-b121-ee68c04d55c3