Windows 10: Product key information for Windows 10 home version

Discus and support Product key information for Windows 10 home version in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have purchased a new laptop with Windows Home already pre installed. It keeps asking for my windows account when I go into any programme (which I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KarenVigar, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Product key information for Windows 10 home version

I have purchased a new laptop with Windows Home already pre installed. It keeps asking for my windows account when I go into any programme (which I sign into ) and then a product key which is not recognised. Why does it do this if it was pre-installed ? Help

:)

KarenVigar, Sep 6, 2018

2. product key

Hi Markese,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I would like to inform you that if you've upgraded from a genuine qualifying activated version of Windows (Windows 7SP1/8.1), then you will not need a product key.

• Let us know if you're facing any issues with activation or product key related?
    I would also suggest you to refer to the section "Will I get a product key, can I get a product key?"
    in the following wiki article by "Andre Da Costa" for more information:

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

Feel free to get back to us if you need any assistance/information and we'll be happy to help you.

Navneet Anand, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Windows 10 Product Key for a Free Upgrade

Hi,

The product key is important to activate and install Windows 10 to your device. Regarding your concern, let's try to isolate the issue and see what's causing you unable to use the product key to activate and install your Windows 10. Kindly provide the following
    information:

• Where did you purchase the product?
    • What is the error message you received after entering your product key?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

Ariel Acu, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Product key information for Windows 10 home version

Convert a Windows 8pro product key to a Windows 10pro produkt key

Hi Andre,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to Uninstall the license using the following steps.

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    • At the command prompt, type: slmgr.vbs -upk
    • Press Enter, this will uninstall the product key from the computer.
    Further on, install Windows 8.1 activate the copy with the product key on the new machine. Then again upgrade the same to Windows 10 using Window Update or Media Creation Tool.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Product key information for Windows 10 home version

1. Product key information for Windows 10 home version - Similar Threads - Product key information

2. Windows 10 Home product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home product Key: So pretty soon I'm getting a new computer that has Windows 10 Home installed but not activated, im trying to find out if the "Download Windows 10 Home" comes with a product key so I can activate said computer....
  3. Windows 10 Home product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Home product Key: So pretty soon I'm getting a new computer that has Windows 10 Home installed but not activated, im trying to find out if the "Download Windows 10 Home" comes with a product key so I can activate said computer....
  4. Windows 10 Home product Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Home Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home Product Key: I purchased Windows 10 Home download from amazon.com and the product key they sent does not work. Amazon says contact microsoft. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-product-key/e6a6d87c-0c52-486f-9d78-7425061c3b86
  6. Windows 10 Home Product Key

Windows 10 Home Product Key: I ordered Windows through the official Microsoft website two months ago. They said it might take a while to process my order. I haven't yet received a confirmation email, and a key hasn't appeared in my order history. Is there some other way I'm missing to find my key? I'm...
  7. Windows 10 Home Product Key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Home Product Key: I have this Windows 10 Home Product Key that I am trying to sell, someone gave it to me opened. How do I know if the Product Key is unused and valid? I tried googling it and nothing showed up. I don't want to sell someone a used product. - thanks. submitted by /u/ZacateWZRD...
  8. Refund policy information on Windows 10 product key

Refund policy information on Windows 10 product key: Hello, I've spent a day and a half trying to figure out how to update my old laptop to windows 10. I bought a product key yesterday from Microsoft and tried to use it but it didn't work. I finally figured out how to install windows 10 but I don't need my product key...
  9. Windows 10 Home Product Key

Windows 10 Home Product Key: I installed Windows 10 online and it loaded as Pro but I have a Home product key. Microsoft told me to reinstall windows 10 Home from the USB I purchased and that it would change to Home. Well it hasn't. I still show running Pro but only have a product key for home. It hasn't...
  10. Windows 10 Home Product Key

Windows 10 Home Product Key: Hello, I bought from my microsoft.com account Windows 10 Home with order number 2289355821. My problem is they didn't give me Product ID & Product KEY. As a result, I can't active Windows while I've purchased it. Could anyone tell me how I can find my Product ID &...