Windows 10: Product key information for Windows 10 home version

Discus and support Product key information for Windows 10 home version in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have purchased a new laptop with Windows Home already pre installed. It keeps asking for my windows account when I go into any programme (which I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KarenVigar, Sep 6, 2018.

1. KarenVigar Win User

Product key information for Windows 10 home version

I have purchased a new laptop with Windows Home already pre installed. It keeps asking for my windows account when I go into any programme (which I sign into ) and then a product key which is not recognised. Why does it do this if it was pre-installed ? Help

:)

KarenVigar, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Navneet Anand Win User

product key

Hi Markese,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I would like to inform you that if you've upgraded from a genuine qualifying activated version of Windows (Windows 7SP1/8.1), then you will not need a product key.

• Let us know if you're facing any issues with activation or product key related?
    I would also suggest you to refer to the section "Will I get a product key, can I get a product key?"
    in the following wiki article by "Andre Da Costa" for more information:

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

Feel free to get back to us if you need any assistance/information and we'll be happy to help you.

Navneet Anand, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Windows 10 Product Key for a Free Upgrade

Hi,

The product key is important to activate and install Windows 10 to your device. Regarding your concern, let's try to isolate the issue and see what's causing you unable to use the product key to activate and install your Windows 10. Kindly provide the following
    information:

• Where did you purchase the product?
    • What is the error message you received after entering your product key?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

Ariel Acu, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Karthicka_R Win User

Convert a Windows 8pro product key to a Windows 10pro produkt key

Hi Andre,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to Uninstall the license using the following steps.

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    • At the command prompt, type: slmgr.vbs -upk
    • Press Enter, this will uninstall the product key from the computer.
    Further on, install Windows 8.1 activate the copy with the product key on the new machine. Then again upgrade the same to Windows 10 using Window Update or Media Creation Tool.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Product key information for Windows 10 home version - Similar Threads - Product key information

2. Windows Pro to Home - Invalid Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Pro to Home - Invalid Product Key: I recently purchased a license of windows 10 home. Following the purchase, I received an email containing a link of an installer which downloads windows setup. The problem I’m facing is that the installer downloads windows 10 professional setup while my license is for home...
  3. Product key for windows 10

Product key for windows 10: I had already purchased a Windows10 laptop but due to an issue I have to reinstall it... Will I need a product key for it? If yes, then from where...? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-for-windows-10/e5617081-40e7-4af7-947b-d0aaa55ea288"
  4. Windows 10 Product Key

Windows 10 Product Key: I bought a dvd copy of windows 10 accidently instead of a USB copy, can i use the product key i have with the DVD copy to download windows 10 onto a USB from the Microsoft website?...
  5. How to Find version of windows (like pro and home) using product key

How to Find version of windows (like pro and home) using product key: someone please tell me how to find the version of windows(like windows 10 home or pro) by using the product key(lets take it as 1). when activated on some other product key(lets take it as 2)...
  6. Product key for windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Product key for windows 10: I recently spilled coffee on my PC. it cause my hard drive to stop working and I replace the hard drive but I want the product key from windows 10. HP does not have and Microsoft does not have. any suggestions?...
  7. Windows 10 Product Key's

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Product Key's: So I have an Acer laptop that came with Windows 10 Home. My question is, if I write down the OEM product key that came with my laptop and then do a clean installation of Windows 10, can I put the OEM product key back into my laptop and have it work as Windows 10 Home with all...
  8. Windows 10 Product Key?

Windows 10 Product Key?: First off, I know I don't need one to upgrade. However, at some future time I may want to wipe my PC and re-install, perhaps with a new motherboard, and I really don't want to go via Windows 7 if possible. Although I can't get my copy to Activate at the moment (I guess...
  9. windows 10 product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 product key: I need help before I start pulling my hair. I had to install windows 10. I still have the CD from way back when we were able to get it free. We did not get a product key but if I remember there was one key, but I am not sure. Now before it will install they need the product...
  10. Windows 10 product key

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 product key: I recently got a Windows 10 Virtual Machine and I need a product key. Is there any way to get one? Thanks. (The reason I have a VM is because I want to try it before I decide I want to do the upgrade) 50936