Windows 10: product key issues or laptop illegal copied windows....dump the laptop or simple fix?

Discus and support product key issues or laptop illegal copied windows....dump the laptop or simple fix? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; so i;ve had all kinds of trouble activating, i got this computer off another and now feel i have a bunk windows version that is not legal. So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by diamond rodrigo, Apr 2, 2023.

1. product key issues or laptop illegal copied windows....dump the laptop or simple fix?

so i;ve had all kinds of trouble activating, i got this computer off another and now feel i have a bunk windows version that is not legal. So considering I have a laptop of my own already activated and legit is there any problem using my product key along with this laptop holding the illegal windows? As a musician I use these computers all together and now with this new laptop a minor issue doing this as I need be....so can this take care of my problem or do I need to hang this computer from a tree outside and just move on to another laptop? Also windows 11 will be in my future but at the curr

:)

diamond rodrigo, Apr 2, 2023

2. Product Key illegible, Toshiba laptop

Just some thoughts.

Are any of these letters and numerals legible ???

You could try a magnifying glass whilst highlighting the sticker with a LED torch.

Place the torch light at different angles around the sticker.

Do the same with the magnifying glass.

Try all angles.

There have been times that i have managed to retrieve the Product Key using this method.

By the way when you say it wont boot what is actually happening ???

Does it show anything at all on the screen when trying to boot.

• Have you tried to get it into Safe Mode using the F8 Key. ( You might be able to do a restore or recovery from there ).
    • Try entering the BIOS using the DELETE Key.
    • To enter Safe Mode and or the BIOS repetitively tap the Keys that i have mentioned at one second intervals whilst starting the laptop.

( As the laptop is 10 years old i wonder if the BIOS / CMOS 3Volt Button Cell Battery is still functioning, which i doubt )

When this 3 volt button cell dies the computer will be unable to remember its hardware settings but this usually promotes a on screen error relating to BIOS and Date / Time Settings at boot.

The below link supplied lists what the F Keys ( function keys ) do.

Though some of these may not correspond to your Toshiba Laptop as we don`t know the Model Number.

F8 Key – Guide for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8

Frank N St31n, Apr 2, 2023
  3. Product Key illegible, Toshiba laptop

I have to bring my vintage Toshiba laptop back to active service, but it will not boot. I want to try a clean Win 7 install, but the Product Key number on the sticker is literally worn off! Without it, I cannot download Win 7 and burn a CD from this borrowed
    machine. I cannot find any help from Toshiba on this 10-year-old laptop. It came with Win7 Home pre-installed. Suggestions?

FranCooksey, Apr 2, 2023
  4. n-ster Win User

product key issues or laptop illegal copied windows....dump the laptop or simple fix?

n-ster, Apr 2, 2023
Thema:

product key issues or laptop illegal copied windows....dump the laptop or simple fix?

1. product key issues or laptop illegal copied windows....dump the laptop or simple fix? - Similar Threads - product key issues

2. product key issues or laptop illegal copied windows....dump the laptop or simple fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    product key issues or laptop illegal copied windows....dump the laptop or simple fix?: so i;ve had all kinds of trouble activating, i got this computer off another and now feel i have a bunk windows version that is not legal. So considering I have a laptop of my own already activated and legit is there any problem using my product key along with this laptop...
  3. product key issues or laptop illegal copied windows....dump the laptop or simple fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    product key issues or laptop illegal copied windows....dump the laptop or simple fix?: so i;ve had all kinds of trouble activating, i got this computer off another and now feel i have a bunk windows version that is not legal. So considering I have a laptop of my own already activated and legit is there any problem using my product key along with this laptop...
  4. Refurbished Laptop with illegal Windows License?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Refurbished Laptop with illegal Windows License?: Recently I bought a refurbished Lenovo laptop off a big commercial Vendor in Guatemala. It was supposed to come with Windows 10 Professional. After the purchase I asked for the product key so that I could reinstall the system for safety reasons. I was told that this product...
  5. Is MSDN product key illegal?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is MSDN product key illegal?: Hello,Is MSDN product key which came with a workstation illegal? There are many workstations at office that came with Windows product key and it works normal. I have been told that you can't use it in a production environment at office, you need to buy a new product key for...
  6. product key illegable

product key illegable: can not read all of product on back of my laptop. what now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-illegable/524a499b-bd0b-4b21-875f-15c54902f6e5
  7. trusted admin illegal use, product key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    trusted admin illegal use, product key: i received a dell computer as a gift with microsoft pro 10 i believe that person left himself as trusted admin and i saw my files wiped, isnt this illegal? what do i do? how do i find my product key to get into outlook?...
  8. illegal copy of windows 10

illegal copy of windows 10: A guy who fixed my computer sold me an illegal copy of windows 10 I paid him do i need to buy another copy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/illegal-copy-of-windows-10/f5689c42-adda-4dd7-bf17-5e125317d852
  9. Is downloading Win10 and not using a product key illegal?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is downloading Win10 and not using a product key illegal?: Title says it all. I can download the ISO image from the Microsoft website and use it on my computer. It will ask me for a product key, but will allow me to skip it and use Win10 regularly, with some personalization restrictions. Microsoft won't be happy either, if they...
  10. Laptop Screen Simple Fix (Need Ideas)

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Screen Simple Fix (Need Ideas): The clip that holds my laptop screen together is broken. I dropped my laptop once and it dented one small space where there has to be a laptop clip. This clip keeps the screen together and now there is a large gap. If I press it together, it clips back it and keeps together....