Windows 10: Product key not working for Activation

Discus and support Product key not working for Activation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After the latest update I received notification that Windows 10 was not activated. When I entered my Product key I get an error code 0x0000022... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ThomYorukoff, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Product key not working for Activation

After the latest update I received notification that Windows 10 was not activated. When I entered my Product key I get an error code 0x0000022

:)

ThomYorukoff, Mar 14, 2019

2. Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Product key

Hi Megan,

A product key is used when activating a software.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• What product are you trying to activate?
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Office application?
    • Which version of Office are you trying to activate? To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this
      link.
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Windows?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Product key not working for Activation

Product key doesn't work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to try to activate Windows by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select your Region/Country.
    • Select the Phone Activation option, and hold on for a real person.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Product key not working for Activation

1. Product key not working for Activation - Similar Threads - Product key working

2. Activation not working with product key - 0x80041023

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation not working with product key - 0x80041023: I just upgraded a significant portion of my PC, and to make sure that everything would work correctly I formatted the drive that Windows was installed on. Now that I've got a fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro, I'm getting an error message every time I try to activate it...
  3. Activation not working with product key - 0x80041023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation not working with product key - 0x80041023: I just upgraded a significant portion of my PC, and to make sure that everything would work correctly I formatted the drive that Windows was installed on. Now that I've got a fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro, I'm getting an error message every time I try to activate it...
  4. Activation not working with product key - 0x80041023

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Product key/ Activation Key

Product key/ Activation Key: How do I get my windows 10 product key In MacBook Pro using boot camp installation software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-activation-key/08bea70a-4d63-4b2e-afca-2f7cc74e99d4
  6. Product Key Activation Doesn'T Work

Product Key Activation Doesn'T Work: Product Key Doesn't WorkTried clean install.Computer was purchased directly from HP and was activated with the product key.After a windows os reinstall, the product key "disappeared"I have exhausted all built-in tools that cmd provides.Solutions?...
  7. Product Key Activation Doesn'T Work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product Key Activation Doesn'T Work: Product Key Doesn't WorkTried clean install.Computer was purchased directly from HP and was activated with the product key.After a windows os reinstall, the product key "disappeared"I have exhausted all built-in tools that cmd provides.Solutions?...
  8. Product Key Activation Doesn'T Work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Product Key activation not working

Product Key activation not working: The error code is 0x803FA067 and I really need help activating my product key. I took it from an old laptop I had which had a retail product key meaning I can put it on another device so I tried putting it on my new computer and it says my product key is not valid. Please...
  10. Product key activation won't work

Product key activation won't work: Hello, I bought a new PC and have a water mark telling me to activate windows. I bought a product key from Amazon. When I go to enter the product key, it tells me the product key didn't work and gives me the error code 0xc004f050. I can't seem to fix this problem despite...