Windows 10: product key not working windows 11 not activated

Discus and support product key not working windows 11 not activated in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; product key not working windows 11 not activated help please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kabutari wazid, Feb 21, 2024.

1. product key not working windows 11 not activated

product key not working windows 11 not activated help please

:)

kabutari wazid, Feb 21, 2024
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Windows 10 product keys and activation - and the KMS angle

Changing the product key to the generic Windows 10 product key will reset activation to the standard retail channel for activation. It might just activate (if there was a previous digital license for Windows 10 for that computer established with Microsoft). Once Windows 10 is back on the retail activation channel, then more than likely changing the product key to the Windows 8 product key using the same method may work.

NavyLCDR, Feb 21, 2024
  3. Product Key Reactivation

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Reactivating Windows 11 after retrieving the motherboard key involves using the original product key or digital license associated with your system.

Here are the steps to reactivate Windows 11:

1. Open Settings:
      • Click on the Start button and select the gear icon to open "Settings."
    2. Navigate to Update & Security:
      • In the Settings menu, click on "Update & Security."
    3. Go to Activation:
      • In the left sidebar, select "Activation."
    4. Enter Product Key:
      • If you have a product key, click on "Change product key" and enter the key when prompted.
    5. Use Digital License:
      • If your Windows 11 was linked to your Microsoft account, you might see an option to troubleshoot and link your digital license. Click on this option and follow the prompts.
    6. Restart Your Computer:
      • After entering the product key or linking your digital license, restart your computer.
    7. Verification:
      • Go back to the Activation section in Settings to verify that Windows 11 is now activated.

Derrick19 - MSFT, Feb 21, 2024
  4. product key not working windows 11 not activated

Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

product key not working windows 11 not activated

1. product key not working windows 11 not activated - Similar Threads - product key working

2. Product activation key for windows 11 home not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product activation key for windows 11 home not working: I bought a product key to activate windows 11 home on my new pc but the code isn’t working please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-activation-key-for-windows-11-home-not/fbc84f3e-14de-474f-990d-98001da7dd53
  3. Product activation key for windows 11 home not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product activation key for windows 11 home not working: I bought a product key to activate windows 11 home on my new pc but the code isn’t working please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-activation-key-for-windows-11-home-not/fbc84f3e-14de-474f-990d-98001da7dd53
  4. product key not working windows 11 not activated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    product key not working windows 11 not activated: product key not working windows 11 not activated help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-not-working-windows-11-not-activated/9c91f7f0-1312-40e1-aa27-e832f03c2f8a
  5. Activation not working with product key - 0x80041023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation not working with product key - 0x80041023: I just upgraded a significant portion of my PC, and to make sure that everything would work correctly I formatted the drive that Windows was installed on. Now that I've got a fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro, I'm getting an error message every time I try to activate it...
  6. Unused Windows 11 product key activated?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unused Windows 11 product key activated?: Hi. I recently had a customer who had purchased a win11 product key from a local retailer for use on her laptop. My windows 11 installer confirmed my suspicion that her machine was not compatible so I installed win10 and this was automatically activated by the laptops inbuilt...
  7. Product Key Activation Doesn'T Work

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product Key Activation Doesn'T Work: Product Key Doesn't WorkTried clean install.Computer was purchased directly from HP and was activated with the product key.After a windows os reinstall, the product key "disappeared"I have exhausted all built-in tools that cmd provides.Solutions?...
  8. Product Key Activation Doesn'T Work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product Key Activation Doesn'T Work: Product Key Doesn't WorkTried clean install.Computer was purchased directly from HP and was activated with the product key.After a windows os reinstall, the product key "disappeared"I have exhausted all built-in tools that cmd provides.Solutions?...
  9. Product Key activation not working

Product Key activation not working: The error code is 0x803FA067 and I really need help activating my product key. I took it from an old laptop I had which had a retail product key meaning I can put it on another device so I tried putting it on my new computer and it says my product key is not valid. Please...
  10. Product key not working for Activation

Product key not working for Activation: After the latest update I received notification that Windows 10 was not activated. When I entered my Product key I get an error code 0x0000022 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-not-working-for-activation/712a4f58-1d95-44c4-af6f-e92e46c8f39c"