Windows 10: Product Key of win 7 Pro works in win 10 Pro fresh install

Discus and support Product Key of win 7 Pro works in win 10 Pro fresh install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to install windows 10 pro and win dev tools VS2015 Community... on my MacBook Pro 4-cores/16GB/256GB I have Windows 7 Pro license and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lse123, Aug 15, 2015.

1. lse123 Win User

Product Key of win 7 Pro works in win 10 Pro fresh install

I want to install windows 10 pro and win dev tools VS2015 Community...

on my MacBook Pro 4-cores/16GB/256GB

I have Windows 7 Pro license and VMWare Fusion Pro license

What to do???

Product Key of win 7 Pro works in win 10 Pro fresh install...as a VM? Or have to install win 7 pro and upgrade?

Users accounts in win 10 pro
    a user can see by anyway other user files? Emails outlook, or passwords in chrome or robofirm password manager...?
    to switcgph users needed shutdown... ? For user creation ms account is optional?

:)

lse123, Aug 15, 2015

2. Windows 10 download / upgrade

Will the one ISO work on multiple machines? We have a mixture of WIN 8.1 PRO and WIN 7 PRO.

When running the ISO, can I install a fresh WIN 10 installation on all pcs using the Probuct key for that computer (ie Not an uprade).?

Will the ISO upgrade the existing WIN 7 & 8.1 pcs with their product key?

Ken R Brown, Aug 15, 2015
  3. Upgrade Windows 7 PRO Product key to Window 10 PRO Product Key

Dear,

Kindly be informed that 2 months ago I upgraded my laptop from win 7 PRO to win 10 PRO without asking any product key and now I need to reinstall windows 10 in my laptop for fresh installation so how can we activate this windows 10 with original product
    key using Windows 7 Pro product key.

Md Sakir Hussain, Aug 15, 2015
  4. Product Key of win 7 Pro works in win 10 Pro fresh install

I don't believe putting a Windows 7 Pro Product key into the Windows 10 installer will work.
    You'd have to clean install Windows 7 Pro and activate it using the Windows 7 Pro key you have then do an upgrade to Windows 10 - once Windows 10 is activated your hardware hash is remembered by Microsoft.
    This means you wouldn't have to install 7 then upgrade to 10 again if you wanted to wipe, you'd just install Windows 10 and Microsoft Activation would detect that your machine's hardware hash matched and activate.

dangalore1988, Aug 15, 2015
Thema:

Product Key of win 7 Pro works in win 10 Pro fresh install

1. Product Key of win 7 Pro works in win 10 Pro fresh install - Similar Threads - Product Key Pro

2. Win 10 Pro product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Pro product key: Hi,I have a pc where the motherboard died and a retail licence of Windows 10 Pro. I need to swap it to a new build pc. The retailer say they don’t sell Microsoft products any more but they never sent me a product key email. Spoke with licensing phone support who say contact...
  3. Win 10 Pro product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Pro product key: Hi,I have a pc where the motherboard died and a retail licence of Windows 10 Pro. I need to swap it to a new build pc. The retailer say they don’t sell Microsoft products any more but they never sent me a product key email. Spoke with licensing phone support who say contact...
  4. Invalid product key Win 7 PRO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid product key Win 7 PRO: A few years ago after purchasing Win 7 Pro. When it came time to activate it. I called they gave me a product key that I am using now not the product key that came with the CD I have been using it installed on the same computer for at least five years. Now I am getting...
  5. Invalid product key Win 7 PRO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invalid product key Win 7 PRO: A few years ago after purchasing Win 7 Pro. When it came time to activate it. I called they gave me a product key that I am using now not the product key that came with the CD I have been using it installed on the same computer for at least five years. Now I am getting...
  6. new fresh install of Win 11 Pro - but will not activate with my Win 10 Pro Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new fresh install of Win 11 Pro - but will not activate with my Win 10 Pro Product Key: Did a fresh install of Win 11 Pro after upgrading hardware using new motherboard, cpu, and hard drive. I am not able to activate Windows 11 using my valid Windows 10 Product key. Or keys - have 3 others not used and they won't work either although all are valid.Troubleshoot...
  7. new fresh install of Win 11 Pro - but will not activate with my Win 10 Pro Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    new fresh install of Win 11 Pro - but will not activate with my Win 10 Pro Product Key: Did a fresh install of Win 11 Pro after upgrading hardware using new motherboard, cpu, and hard drive. I am not able to activate Windows 11 using my valid Windows 10 Product key. Or keys - have 3 others not used and they won't work either although all are valid.Troubleshoot...
  8. Activate Win 10 Pro with Win 7 Pro product key - error 0x80072EFD

Activate Win 10 Pro with Win 7 Pro product key - error 0x80072EFD: Hi there, can one not use the Windows 7 product key to activate a Win 10 version? My Win 7 version on my old Dell laptop says Pro OA MEA and was shipped with the laptop back then. Am now trying to activate Windows 10 both Pro on a completely new system Can I for some...
  9. Win 10 Pro Product Key

Win 10 Pro Product Key: Hello, I bought a laptop with an OEM version, that I subsequently upgraded to a full version installed via download. How do I find my product key? I have run CMD as an Administrator and entered wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey, but I suspect...
  10. Win 7 Pro product key unable to activate Win 10 Pro

Win 7 Pro product key unable to activate Win 10 Pro: First, a little backstory. I previously bought a Windows 7 Pro key from a third party seller so that I could upgrade from Win 7 home to pro, and also wipe all the bloatware off a Dell Inspiron laptop. That laptop has since died hardware failure of some kind. I recently built...