Windows 10: product key off a pc that doesnt work anymore

Discus and support product key off a pc that doesnt work anymore in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; does anyone know how I can get the product key or digital lisence off my old computer that doesn't work anymore it does stil show up on my devices on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JustinFerguson2, Jul 25, 2019.

1. product key off a pc that doesnt work anymore

does anyone know how I can get the product key or digital lisence off my old computer that doesn't work anymore it does stil show up on my devices on my Microsoft account but I cant find anything about it being that im using the new computer that I want to activate with the same key there the same computers just the new one is a newer model I tried activateing it as a hardware change using the same Microsoft account but nothing will work

:)

JustinFerguson2, Jul 25, 2019

2. Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Jul 25, 2019
  3. Rado D Win User
    Finding the Windows Vista product key

Allright,I've tried the Hirens BootCD on USB drive and it works like charms.unfortunately,none of the utilities included on it helped me to recover the vista product key..but thats not important anymore,cos I just did a fresh install in the end..everything works fine,but a new issue arise.
    DVD drive not recognized in my computer under Vista
    tried few things but no results..what do you suggest guys?

Rado D, Jul 25, 2019
  4. FinZak Win User

product key off a pc that doesnt work anymore

Product key association disable on old pc

Hey,

I sold my old pc to a friend. He installed some missing parts (HDD, GPU and RAM). Then we installed Windows 10 Home 64-bit version from USB stick. I was surprised to see that windows was automatically activated after that. I did some digging and found out that it is using my product key, which i use now in my own new pc. My friend does not have his own product key, the idea was that he just uses the unactivated windows with limited features.

I uninstalled my Windows 10 product key via command prompt in friends computer (as i understand this is only local solution, if he reinstall windows or clicks the active button, it reactivates automatically with my product key) and now it says windows is not activated, but my product key is still shown with Produkey app in his pc. So far windows is still activated my own pc.

My questions:

1. Is this all i need to do?
    2. How do i get rid of product key showing still with product key showing apps on my friend's computer?
    3. Is there a way to get rid of association of my product key on that old pc that i sold to friend?

EDIT: I originally installed windows 10 via upgrade option from Windows 7, if that matters.

FinZak, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

product key off a pc that doesnt work anymore

1. product key off a pc that doesnt work anymore - Similar Threads - product key off

2. Microsoft services doesnt work anymore

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft services doesnt work anymore: Hey! My brother installed something but i dont know what! After that the pc is weird and it won't let do some things.Problems:- I can't install any app from the Microsoft store and after pressing the button it turns gray and after some time a window comes up with an error!-...
  3. bluetooth doesnt work anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth doesnt work anymore: i have an alienware pc and it has bluetooth which used to work and i know for a fact that it used to work because i have a razer basilisk x hyperspeed wich worked perfectly until 2 days ago, i ran a trouble shooter and it says that bluetooth is not available on my pc when it...
  4. bluetooth doesnt work anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bluetooth doesnt work anymore: i have an alienware pc and it has bluetooth which used to work and i know for a fact that it used to work because i have a razer basilisk x hyperspeed wich worked perfectly until 2 days ago, i ran a trouble shooter and it says that bluetooth is not available on my pc when it...
  5. bluetooth doesnt work anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Product Key isn't working anymore

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product Key isn't working anymore: I purchased this laptopDell Inspiron with a pre-loaded windows 10 home Single Line version Recently My Windows got updated through Windows Update, and now it's popping this alert again and again. I tried to insert the old Product Key but it is denying stating "The Product Key...
  7. Purchased a product key that doesnt work

Purchased a product key that doesnt work: I need some help, I purchased a windows 10 Home product key from the microsoft website. Then i installed windows 10, and when i try to change the product key, it says "The product key you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different one....
  8. Product Key doesnt work!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Product Key doesnt work!: I bought a PC and the guy told me i would have to buy a product key for windows. I used the microsoft website to buy a windows 10 key and the key doesnt work!! it keeps giving me this error message 0xc004f050. I didnt let anyone see it, i didnt let anyone else read the email...
  9. Turning off defender with gpedit.msc doesnt work anymore.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning off defender with gpedit.msc doesnt work anymore.: It forgets my settings when I restart the system. I hate this bs system, nothing is working properly. submitted by /u/TracerXZX [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iwapc7/turning_off_defender_with_gpeditmsc_doesnt_work/
  10. windows 10 product key not working anymore

windows 10 product key not working anymore: I recently built a new PC and I'm trying to activate windows 10 but the product key isn't working. I remove the product key from my previous computer and now even when I try to reactivate the product key on my previous PC, it doesn't work. What could be the issue ?...