Windows 10: Product key on refurbished computer

Discus and support Product key on refurbished computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I recently purchased a refurbished computer that has Windows 10 Pro on it; my old computer the mother board is going on it and has Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by NoreenMcMurtry, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Product key on refurbished computer

Hello, I recently purchased a refurbished computer that has Windows 10 Pro on it; my old computer the mother board is going on it and has Windows 10 Home. I tried activating Windows on my refurbished computer using my old Windows Home product key, but to no avail. When I try to change the product key, the response I get is: "The product key you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different one. (0xc004f050)" Is there a way to do this? I have a perfectly good product key on via my old computer, that I should be able to use and not have to purchase a whole new one. Thanks in advance!

:)

NoreenMcMurtry, Sep 15, 2019

2. Product key on my refurbished computer is not being accepted

I just purchased a refurbished computer and the product key provided is not being accepted. To begin with, none of the zeroes are even showing as I type the COA in. What do I do?

ColoradoTrix33, Sep 15, 2019
  3. refurbished computer upgrade to windows 10

Hi,

I purchased a refurbished computer for my daughter from Walmart.com

She is trying to upgrade to Windows 10, but it keeps saying "This product key didn't work" but it is the exact product key from the sticker.

Any suggestions?

Tammy21175, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Claw Win User

Product key on refurbished computer

Product Key

Hey guys, buddy has a computer running Windows 10 , his product key sticker says, Windows 10 Home for refurbished computers. He's been having problems and wants to reinstall Windows so he went to the Microsoft site and downloaded Windows 10 and saved it to USB. What he needs to know is will his current product key work for the new install even though the sticker says, for refurbished computers ? Thanks

Thema:

Product key on refurbished computer

1. Product key on refurbished computer - Similar Threads - Product key refurbished

2. refurbished computer with intune

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    refurbished computer with intune: I brought a refurbished computer from Dell that has Intune and can't sign in because I don't have a company account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refurbished-computer-with-intune/4a73282b-4230-4289-815d-490c57319cd2
  3. refurbished computer with intune

in Windows 10 Gaming
    refurbished computer with intune: I brought a refurbished computer from Dell that has Intune and can't sign in because I don't have a company account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refurbished-computer-with-intune/4a73282b-4230-4289-815d-490c57319cd2
  4. refurbished computer with intune

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Wrong Product Key Installed on refurbished Laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Wrong Product Key Installed on refurbished Laptop: Around 2 years ago I bought a laptop from a reputable online retailer that sells refurbished electronics for a discounted price that is a Thinkpad with windows 10 installed, and the key/licence was already pre-input when I received it, like most windows items bought online. I...
  6. Imaging refurbished computers

Imaging refurbished computers: I have several computers that I am looking to refurbish. These all arrived to me with the hard drives wiped so I do not know what OS was on them previously. These machines originally came with windows 8. On the 2 machines that I have looked at so far, I was able to install...
  7. refurbished computer key

refurbished computer key: I have a refurbished computer and my activation key says its for a refurbished computer. when I try to apply the key, i'm told its not valid. how can I make it work?...
  8. Microsoft refurbished computers with no Microsoft refurbished key?

Microsoft refurbished computers with no Microsoft refurbished key?: I bought a computer from a shop that claimed it is a microsoft authorized refurbisher. I can't find any Certificate of Authenticity label in my computer and the staff claimed there are no longer having such kind label in the computer that he dold. Is that normal that...
  9. refurbished laptop and product key activation problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    refurbished laptop and product key activation problems: Hi all! I bought a refurbished hp elitebook today and I cant seam to activate it I have the refurbished activation code but I cant find were to input it its just showing trouble shoot cant anybody help please...
  10. Windows 8 sticker but no product key in UEFI on refurbished laptop

Windows 8 sticker but no product key in UEFI on refurbished laptop: I'm posting this on TenForums so others will learn from my experience upgrading to Windows 10. But I would really like to know if anyone else has seen a computer with the square Windows 8 sticker, but no product key either on a label or in firmware/bios? <- that's just bolded...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. refurbished win key doesnt work

2. windows product key from refurbished dell laptop

3. activation code for windows 10 that came with refurbished computer didnt work

4. bought refurbished desktop window 10 will not activate,
  5. what is a refurbished windows 10 key,
  6. windows refurbished key,
  7. refurbished computer change product key windows,
  8. WHERE TO FIND PRODUCT KEY ON REFURBISHED LAPTOP,
  9. where to find my product key on refurbished computer