Windows 10: Product Key Problem

Discus and support Product Key Problem in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I aquired a computer with windows 10 home. After changing hardware Windows needed to be reactivated. It was then i discovered that the product key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MichaelSmithSYD, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Product Key Problem

I aquired a computer with windows 10 home. After changing hardware Windows needed to be reactivated. It was then i discovered that the product key sticker was not the correct one for my version of windows, giving an error code: 0x8007007B.

Can I purchase the correct product key? I dont want to upgrade or change the computer

:)

MichaelSmithSYD, Dec 31, 2020

2. Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Dec 31, 2020
  3. product key

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please follow the below steps to resolve this issue:

Steps:

• Press and hold Windows key + R.
    • Type ‘slui 3’.
    • Enter your old product key and try to change product key
    • Use the new product and check if you are able to activate.
    For more information please follow the link given below, this information is provided by Andre Da Costa.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_install/how-to-activate-and-resolve-common-product-key/33f31475-93b3-4d1c-812f-4b21fbd807a7

Please get back to us if you are still facing this problem.

Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Dec 31, 2020
  4. AndreTen Win User

Product Key Problem

Where is my Product Key if I want to re-install?

Like davidhk said. But if you really want to see your windows key, I would suggest Belarc advisor. It will give you some useful information about your system, product keys of your software is among them (not only Microsoft, you will have listed most of your keys).

AndreTen, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

Product Key Problem

1. Product Key Problem - Similar Threads - Product Key Problem

2. Product key problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product key problem: so i just bought a product key to activate windows 11 on my new pc and the product key is under the form: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX but whenever I try to copy and paste the product key I can't add the very last character in, it physically doesn't let me and when I try to...
  3. Product key problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product key problem: so i just bought a product key to activate windows 11 on my new pc and the product key is under the form: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX but whenever I try to copy and paste the product key I can't add the very last character in, it physically doesn't let me and when I try to...
  4. Product key problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product key problem: I accidentally upgraded my notebook to windows pro but to some strange version, and now it's saying something about an activation organization server, and that some settings are managed by the organization, I need help reverting this, or how i can activate my windows 10 pro...
  5. Product key problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product key problem: I accidentally upgraded my notebook to windows pro but to some strange version, and now it's saying something about an activation organization server, and that some settings are managed by the organization, I need help reverting this, or how i can activate my windows 10 pro...
  6. Product key problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. product key problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    product key problem: how can I get my windows activation product key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-problem/dc04403a-5411-44fc-850f-7fa94c31bdae
  8. product key problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    product key problem: automatically on the screen change product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-problem/28734ebc-e482-474f-9a32-0e9fdd609454
  9. Product key problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Product key problem: I have a problem with my product key because I don't know what it is and what can I do if I don't know my product key? Can I do something and how? Please I just need to fix it thank you....
  10. product key problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    product key problem: Hi I have a new HP Computer and have put Office Home & Student 2016 product key code in. Pressed install button but now it still says install and when I look at product key number it is completely different to the one I entered but if I try and put mine in again it says this...