Windows 10: Product key recovery after Windows removal

Discus and support Product key recovery after Windows removal in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I mistakenly removed my WIndows 10 Operating System without a backup while trying to dual boot to Linux. However, while setting up my WIndows machine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Aron_P, May 4, 2022.

1. Aron_P Win User

Product key recovery after Windows removal

I mistakenly removed my WIndows 10 Operating System without a backup while trying to dual boot to Linux. However, while setting up my WIndows machine for the first time I used my email address. My laptop came with WIndows pre-installedHow can I revert back to Windows and activate my system using my previous product key?

:)

Aron_P, May 4, 2022

2. Can anyone give me the reset recovery key for windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

A quick question before we proceed:

Are you referring to the Recovery key for BitLocker or the key that needed for resetting Windows Phone?

If you are referring to the Reset Key that is needed for Windows Recovery, then I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Go to account.microsoft.com/devices.
    • Next to the phone you no longer own, click I don't own this phone anymore.
    • Select “I’m ready to remove my phone “check box, note the
      recovery key, and then click Remove. The recovery key will display on the page and will also be emailed to you.
    • When you're certain that you have your recovery key saved, select “I’ve kept a copy of the recovery key “ check box, and then click Okay.
    • Forward the recovery key email to your phone recipient.
    Your phone is no longer listed on account.microsoft.com/devices, and you can remove Reset Protection during phone setup using recovery key option.

If you are referring to reset key for BitLocker, then I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article.

Find my BitLocker recovery key

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, May 4, 2022
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 4, 2022
  4. Product key recovery after Windows removal

Convert a Windows 8pro product key to a Windows 10pro produkt key

Hi Andre,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to Uninstall the license using the following steps.

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    • At the command prompt, type: slmgr.vbs -upk
    • Press Enter, this will uninstall the product key from the computer.
    Further on, install Windows 8.1 activate the copy with the product key on the new machine. Then again upgrade the same to Windows 10 using Window Update or Media Creation Tool.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 4, 2022
Thema:

Product key recovery after Windows removal

1. Product key recovery after Windows removal - Similar Threads - Product key recovery

2. Product key recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product key recovery: Hello, recently my SSD was not working and I replaced the M.2 SSD NVMe before the Windows installed was Windows 10 genuine and upgraded to Windows 11 but after replacing the SSD the Windows installed by the service center guy was not genuine and he installed Windows 10 pro...
  3. Product key recovery

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product key recovery: Hello, recently my SSD was not working and I replaced the M.2 SSD NVMe before the Windows installed was Windows 10 genuine and upgraded to Windows 11 but after replacing the SSD the Windows installed by the service center guy was not genuine and he installed Windows 10 pro...
  4. Product key recovery after Windows removal

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product key recovery after Windows removal: I mistakenly removed my WIndows 10 Operating System without a backup while trying to dual boot to Linux. However, while setting up my WIndows machine for the first time I used my email address. My laptop came with WIndows pre-installedHow can I revert back to Windows and...
  5. Product key recovery after Windows removal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product key recovery after Windows removal: I mistakenly removed my WIndows 10 Operating System without a backup while trying to dual boot to Linux. However, while setting up my WIndows machine for the first time I used my email address. My laptop came with WIndows pre-installedHow can I revert back to Windows and...
  6. Recovery of Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery of Product Key: Hi I had upgraded my PC Hard drive and activated Win 10 pro 64 bit. Now recently added SSD hard drive and hard ware guy installed newly. I have lost my windows 10 pro media in which product key was written. No I am stuck. Luckily I engineer left old data as Program File in...
  7. Recovery of Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery of Product Key: Hi I had upgraded my PC Hard drive and activated Win 10 pro 64 bit. Now recently added SSD hard drive and hard ware guy installed newly. I have lost my windows 10 pro media in which product key was written. No I am stuck. Luckily I engineer left old data as Program File in...
  8. Recovery of Product Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows Product Key Recovery

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Product Key Recovery: Recently, my laptop crashed during an update and won't boot anymore (it just gets stuck on manufacturer's logo) and i cant enter any recovery environment to access safe mode or BIOS. So i can't get into my PC to check my Windows 10 product key (it is pre-installed into the...
  10. Product key after recovery windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Product key after recovery windows 10: After a mains spike my main PC running Windows10 Pro went down and would not recover. I did not have a recovery disk. I made a recovery USB on my backup Windows 10 Home machine and fired it up with a fresh load - But..........Now the main machine has the same key as the...