Windows 10: product key retreival from bootlooping device so can transfer it to new device.

Discus and support product key retreival from bootlooping device so can transfer it to new device. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; product key retreival from bootlooping device so can transfer it to new device. but old device 100% stuck in loop and unfixable, how can i get my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by WilliamRyan5, Aug 16, 2019.

1. product key retreival from bootlooping device so can transfer it to new device.

product key retreival from bootlooping device so can transfer it to new device. but old device 100% stuck in loop and unfixable, how can i get my product key???????? help please!!!!!!!!

:)

WilliamRyan5, Aug 16, 2019

2. Activate new device with old device' product key

No, you can't do what you are suggesting, because the Windows 10 Pro license you mentioned is pre-loaded on the old machine. OEM licenses as they are called are not transferable. Only if the Windows 10 Pro was a retail store bought license would be able
    to do that. Otherwise, you have to purchase an entirely new full version license for the Windows 10 Home computer you now have.

Open Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Go to Store

Click the $99 button the make your purchase the follow the on screen instructions.

Learn more about transferring licenses:

Andre Da Costa, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Transfer of product key

Hello.

Whoever told you that you need to "deactivate" is wrong. Go here for actual steps on transfering the product key over:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/transfer-windo...

Simply put, you just need to transfer the license over. you do not need to deactivate first.

For more info, i suggest calling MS support about activation issues.

Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product
    advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Zackary Vanosdol, Aug 16, 2019
  4. RK1997 Win User

product key retreival from bootlooping device so can transfer it to new device.

Using the current device's product key on my another device.

Hello,
    My 6 year old PC has Windows 10 PRO (Retail License). It came with Windows 7 Home which also was successfully upgraded to Windows 10 Home (OEM License). Now, I have bought a new PC which came with Windows 10 Home. How do I use my retail PRO product key in my new laptop for upgrading to Pro? I also asked the Microsoft Community but they were unable to solve my problem (Using the current devices product key on my another device. - Microsoft Community).

RK1997, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

product key retreival from bootlooping device so can transfer it to new device.

1. product key retreival from bootlooping device so can transfer it to new device. - Similar Threads - product key retreival

2. Transfer Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Product Key: Hi. My laptop is already 6 years old. I would like to change the HDD to SSD. I buy this laptop with original windows 8 already installed and then upgrade it to windows 10 during free windows 10 upgrade (not remember which year). Can I uninstall the product key on HDD and...
  3. Key Product Devices

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Key Product Devices: How can I find out how many devices are attached to my key product? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/key-product-devices/5b265e0c-986d-4570-9038-59fb5e4259e0
  4. Is Product Key Transferable to New PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is Product Key Transferable to New PC?: I have decided to build a new PC instead of trying to fix the unsupported UEFI Disk problem I've had for the last year with my current PC. I have downloaded the Windows 10 Media and installed it to a USB drive. When the install routine asks for my product key, I would like to...
  5. Devices and MS product keys

Devices and MS product keys: In my MS account, signed into account.microsoft.com, what page, and it's path can I find all my devices, the MS products and the product keys listed? And yes, it does exist, different from the account.microsoft.com/services/ page....
  6. Transfer Windows Product Key to New Hardware

Transfer Windows Product Key to New Hardware: I purchased a Gigabyte computer from an individual several years ago and want to decommission that computer and transfer the Windows OS onto the new one. The new computer is a VM I have created using Parallels on my Mac. I keep running into errors. I have obtained the...
  7. Product Key Transfer

Product Key Transfer: I have a windows 10 pro product key on another laptop. This key was originally an 8 pro key which I could transfer between multiple devices. This laptop is dying and I uninstalled the key to install it on my current laptop which currently runs Windows 10 home; however, I...
  8. Transfer of product key

Transfer of product key: My windows computer has crashed. I have decide to buy a new one without OS hoping to use the same product key I had already purchased for the crashed PC. Windows states I must first deactivate the first computer in order to transfer the product key. How do I do that if the...
  9. Using the current device's product key on my another device.

Using the current device's product key on my another device.: Hello, My 6 year old PC has Windows 10 PRO (Retail License). It came with Windows 7 Home which also was successfully upgraded to Windows 10 Home (OEM License). Now, I have bought a new PC which came with Windows 10 Home. How do I use my retail PRO product key in my new laptop...
  10. Can I Transfer an OEM Product Key to New PC?

Can I Transfer an OEM Product Key to New PC?: I built a new PC and want to install windows 8.1. For this I need to buy a product key. I was told that OEM product keys are "married" to the motherboard for life. But lets say I install win 8.1 and use an OEM product key yo activate it. And lets say in the future I get...